News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

MOTHER, and reproductions.

Started by Tupin, December 26, 2010, 05:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

Flipping through a Nintendo Power from December 1990, I happened upon a curious page:

Ignoring the fact that Sim City on NES was never released and they spelled Super Famicom wrong, this page features on article on the original MOTHER, or what was supposed to be called Earth Bound in the USA. Obviously, it was canceled. The EarthBound we got was MOTHER 2. I played and beat it a while ago, man was it fun. I should get a reproduction of it. People found the prototype and make their own NES cartridges of it. The game was completely finished, just not released because Nintendo wanted to focus on the upcoming SNES, despite the fact that they were still making tons out of NES sales.

Possibly a victim of pre-Final Fantasy VII average consumers not understanding RPGs.

I also got a brand new NES game styled off of IWBTG.

Ever play any game in the MOTHER franchise or get a reproduced game?

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Shujinco2

I have played all three, but I have yet to beat Mother 1. I should get on that...

SkyMyl

Quote from: Tupin on December 26, 2010, 05:51:49 PM
I also got a brand new NES game styled off of IWBTG.
Battle Kid Fortress of Peril, right?

Tupin

Quote from: SkyMyl on December 27, 2010, 12:58:57 PM
Battle Kid Fortress of Peril, right?
Yep. Unfortunately, in order to do most reproductions, an original game has to be used. This is the case if I wanted a MOTHER repro, but not this one. The cart is a translucent green, and the board is custom made.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.