News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Here's what happened.

Started by Vaatix, May 02, 2009, 03:46:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaatix

Somehow, and I don't know how, a vulnerability was exploited in SMF that allowed an off-site script to be run which injected malicious code in to most files on our account. As a result of not being able to pinpoint the exact location of the vulnerability, I was forced to make a decision - Leave the forum half working with a possible vulnerability, or overwrite the files with a replacement set. I decided, obviously, to go for the latter. As such, we are now upgraded to SMF 2.0 RC 1.

The end result is that we've lost a few features that were modifications to our old forum. Rest assured that we will be working in the coming weeks to bring back several popular themes such as NSF Classic and NSF Experimental. For the moment, custom profiles are down. I apologize for the inconvenience. It is a feature which will not likely return. If there was any information you wanted to get from your old profile, send a PM to me with what it was and I will get it back to you as soon as I can.

On another high note, we are now more certain that we are vulnerability free. Now that we're using SMF 2, lots of new features which were not previously available to us will be utilized more noticeably within the coming weeks.

Once again, we apologize for any downtime or inconveniences this process has caused.

Things that were removed (that we know for sure):

• Avatars and attachments - These were removed both because of the upgrade and because of a possible malicious code injection vulnerability. You may now re-add your avatars.
  • Our chat link is down. This isn't huge, but for some it could be an inconvenience. For them, I recommend either downloading a proper client (such as Chatzilla or mIRC), or using ChatSpike's own Java Chat Link.
<+Clu> my dick is a massive launch title

Eizweir

Pssh, I stopped using custom profiles months ago, and my avatars were always boring.

One thing though, is our home page down?  I can't connect to it.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

Macawmoses

Home page is lost for the time being. As are other such features. We're working hard to fix as much as we can, but it isn't a concern atm.

SkyMyl

The forum crashed at the beginning of the year? That means another year of NSF, right?

Well, hopefully we can get everything back to 100% soon.

Nayrman

Ugh, I want my Smash skin back, I hate all this white nonsense.
It's amazing how much the site can crash over something like that X_X;;
Ugh, white, too bright :(

Vaatix

We are working on getting darker themes and getting our old themes back.
<+Clu> my dick is a massive launch title

Macawmoses

Brawlin' N Ballin' should likely return in the near future. The theme it was based on (as well as the images for it) are all at our disposal.

Lohn Jocke

Gives me the old FCD feel. I likes it.

StarWindWizard7

It would seem I made my magnificent return on the wrong day/time.

DANG IT....

Doodle

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on May 02, 2009, 03:31:00 PM

DANG IT....
You came back! ^_^
YEAH

Super

DANG IT....
A new Start.

GreatGonzales106

DANG IT....
:O

JrDude

Huh, weird, Star comes back the day after the incident... Hmmmmmmm
[move][/move]
Dude .

SkyMyl

DANG IT....
Hey, welcome back!...kind of.

Quote from: JrDude ♫ on May 02, 2009, 03:47:47 PM
Huh, weird, Star comes back the day after the incident... Hmmmmmmm
...yes, that is rather suspicious.

Macawmoses

He was actually back yesterday.