News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

DSi out sells; DS, DS lite or Wii in 3 months

Started by WiiGuy, August 11, 2009, 05:54:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WiiGuy

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=92691
IGN: The Nintendo DSi system seems a little slow out of the gate since its release three months ago compared to other Nintendo system launches. What sort of efforts can we expect to see leading up to the holiday season in giving the Nintendo DSi a full-blown push to the customer?

Denise Kaigler: Sorry, but I'm going to have to strongly disagree with your premise. In just three months, Nintendo DSi has sold more than 1.7 million in the United States alone, according to the NPD Group. I wouldn't call that slow at all. After three months, the original Nintendo DS had sold nearly 1.38 million and Nintendo DS Lite had sold more than 1.07 million. Even the Wii console had sold "only" about 1.52 million after three months. So Nintendo DSi is beating them all.
----------------------------------------
Thats a big wow.
I also want to guess the Wii only sold that much because Nintendo could only make that much in 3 months, compared to the DSi.

jnfs2014

The Wii only had like 6 to a store. The DSi has like 50 to a store.

Rayquarian

Friendly Hostile

Too bad the DSi's only redeeming feature is the DSi shop.  Otherwise it's pretty poopty for a "new" handheld.

Custom

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on August 21, 2009, 05:46:27 PM
Too bad the DSi's only redeeming feature is the DSi shop.  Otherwise it's pretty poopty for a "new" handheld.

Yes, this. It's just a DS Lite without a GBA slot.

But gosh darn I love my DSi shop. They just need to start putting better things on it.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Macawmoses

That is still quite impressive. I anticipate its lifetime sales will be very welcoming to Nintendo - to complement the (future) best selling console ever, and follow up the best handheld (in terms of sales) ever. Who cares if it doesn't have great additions - it prints money!

Custom

Quote from: Rhadamanthus on August 24, 2009, 01:18:01 PM
That is still quite impressive. I anticipate its lifetime sales will be very welcoming to Nintendo - to complement the (future) best selling console ever, and follow up the best handheld (in terms of sales) ever. Who cares if it doesn't have great additions - it prints money!

Nintendo used to print money and games. Lately I've just been seeing the money. D:

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Kayo

I have a DSi i got the day it was released. The browser, while slow, is one of my favorite features. I can go on the internet almost any time, even when i can't use the computer. (it's the "family computer" >_>)

The DSi shop is nice, i like the Flipnote studio. Theres a lot of cool things i can put on it, but some things fell short of my expectations. First off, i need a weird .AAC format to play with my music, and i wish i could download and save pictures from the internet on my SD card, but theres more pros then cons for me on it.

I usually used my SP to play GBA games anyway, i liked the feel of it better. And i always buy what's new in Nintendo technology, and the DSi I couldn't be without.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

えっちーせんぱい

The only reason I was considering a DSi was the bigger screen, but I didn't see it as worth it.

Now the only reason I'd get it is to complete the DS collection I have going (A Electric Blue DS, a Triforce DSLite).