News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Portable systems and video-out or PC recording

Started by bluaki, July 20, 2009, 04:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think they should have it in DS2 or whatever?

Yes, if it's possible
3 (75%)
No
1 (25%)
I don't care/Maybe
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

bluaki

I don't mean like, consoles would have the S-video, composite, RCA, or whatever connectors directly on the system to bulk it up. Rather, a smaller connector that an adapter can be connected to. Like MicroUSB, or something. That kind of connector could also be used for various other actually useful accessories.

It could also allow a PC to directly connect to the system to record its video. Lots of gaming fans like to record their gameplay and also I imagine the increase of gameplay videos on sites like YouTube would benefit Nintendo or whoever in terms of advertising. It could also lead to less piracy or whatever so emulation isn't the only way to record portable system gameplay.

The DS is a little strange because of having two screens, so it may not output so well on something like a TV, but special computer software can easily record it like that at no quality loss.

A not-so-mainstream console, the Pandora (Linux based portable directed at homebrewers and reportedly having higher specs than either PSP or DS), will have S-video-out directly on the system.

I would want the ability to record things from a portable system and I sometimes wish there were more decent-quality (not recorded with videocamera) videos of certain portable games on YouTube, myself.

Mutilator7

Yeah that would be great, i can record gba games using a capture card with my gamecube gba player and some people record with emulators but right from the system itself is a great idea.

bluaki

Quote from: Mutilator<Seven> on July 23, 2009, 06:30:31 PM
Yeah that would be great, i can record gba games using a capture card with my gamecube gba player and some people record with emulators but right from the system itself is a great idea.
Well, I meant this topic mostly towards DS or its successors. There is currently no equivalent to Super Gameboy, Gameboy Player, etc. for DS.

Lotos

It'd stop people from downloading ROMs to play on emulators.  Why not?