Quote from: Boo-per on October 02, 2015, 09:48:36 PM
I've been trying to learn bass

fk3rw4e908ik90w3r4ieko
It's great fun, do you have a bass yet?

Silverhawk79

Super

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on October 03, 2015, 08:24:49 AM
It's great fun, do you have a bass yet?
Yes I do. I picked up a cheap bass a little while ago. I've never learned an instrument before (besides drums). It's hard to wrap my mind around where I should start.

This is the one I got.
http://www.fender.com/squier/basses/jazz-bass/vintage-modified-jazz-bass-70s-left-hand/0306722521.html#start=1

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Boo-per on October 05, 2015, 12:32:03 AM
Yes I do. I picked up a cheap bass a little while ago. I've never learned an instrument before (besides drums). It's hard to wrap my mind around where I should start.

This is the one I got.
http://www.fender.com/squier/basses/jazz-bass/vintage-modified-jazz-bass-70s-left-hand/0306722521.html#start=1
That's a pretty good starter, I was actually looking at one of those to upgrade from my current bass. Do you know how to read tabs? That's how I kind of taught myself.

Super

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on October 07, 2015, 04:18:31 PM
That's a pretty good starter, I was actually looking at one of those to upgrade from my current bass. Do you know how to read tabs? That's how I kind of taught myself.
Barely. Know of any good resources? Or tips?

Custom

Quote from: Boo-per on October 07, 2015, 06:08:06 PM
Barely. Know of any good resources? Or tips?

i can teach you how to read tabs

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/b/black_sabbath/iron_man_ver6_btab.htm

so like, usually they put the actual string names next to the tab but htis guy intercourse ed it
so it usually goes

G----
D----
A-----
E-----

so it's kind of upside from how you'd normally think it would be
your thickest string, the one closest to you, the E string, is on the bottom of the tabs. then the G string, which is the thinnest (which isn't much for bass lol), which is closest to your leg will be at the top of the tabs

G----------------------------------------|
D------------------5-4-5-4-54---------|    5X
A--2---5--5-7-7----------------5-5-7-7-|
E----------------------------------------|

so it intercourse ed up when i pasted it here, but for this iron man tab, this is like the main riff. you know the iron man riff, that one.
so like you're going to start on the a string, which is one below the E, the second thickest. then you're going to look at the numbers on the tab. so because it has that 2, you're going to hold down the second fret, which is like the second note on the guitar, but only on the a string, and then pluck that. then you will move down to 5 and 7 with the timing of the song. when when you do that DANANANA iron man faster part, that will be on the string below the g string, and you will switch between playing the fourth and fifth fret where noted.

here are some tips
if you see a 0 on the tab that means play the string open without holding anything down
if you see two notes in the same area like

A--7
E--5

that's a chord, so you're going to hold down the 7 on the string, and the 5 on the a string. you're going to hold down the 5 with your index finger and the 7 with your ring finger and then strum both at the same time.

hopefully this helps let me know if you have any questions pal

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

JrDude

[move][/move]
Dude .

Super

Quote from: Custom on October 07, 2015, 11:04:02 PM
i can teach you how to read tabs

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/b/black_sabbath/iron_man_ver6_btab.htm

so like, usually they put the actual string names next to the tab but htis guy intercourse ed it
so it usually goes

G----
D----
A-----
E-----

so it's kind of upside from how you'd normally think it would be
your thickest string, the one closest to you, the E string, is on the bottom of the tabs. then the G string, which is the thinnest (which isn't much for bass lol), which is closest to your leg will be at the top of the tabs

G----------------------------------------|
D------------------5-4-5-4-54---------|    5X
A--2---5--5-7-7----------------5-5-7-7-|
E----------------------------------------|

so it intercourse ed up when i pasted it here, but for this iron man tab, this is like the main riff. you know the iron man riff, that one.
so like you're going to start on the a string, which is one below the E, the second thickest. then you're going to look at the numbers on the tab. so because it has that 2, you're going to hold down the second fret, which is like the second note on the guitar, but only on the a string, and then pluck that. then you will move down to 5 and 7 with the timing of the song. when when you do that DANANANA iron man faster part, that will be on the string below the g string, and you will switch between playing the fourth and fifth fret where noted.

here are some tips
if you see a 0 on the tab that means play the string open without holding anything down
if you see two notes in the same area like

A--7
E--5

that's a chord, so you're going to hold down the 7 on the string, and the 5 on the a string. you're going to hold down the 5 with your index finger and the 7 with your ring finger and then strum both at the same time.

hopefully this helps let me know if you have any questions pal
Holy poop, you're Captain Amazing.

whatwewishfor

whatever

Silverhawk79

I got a new car because my trusty Grand Prix finally died

Doodle

I may or may not be going to this thing with miss doodle http://www.youmacon.com/
Long-ass lines, overpriced Japanese poop, badly-smelling cosplayers, signatures from voice actors, the works.
YEAH

Custom

Quote from: Boodle on October 12, 2015, 11:43:34 AM
I may or may not be going to this thing with miss doodle http://www.youmacon.com/
Long-ass lines, overpriced Japanese poop, badly-smelling cosplayers, signatures from voice actors, the works.
make your baby cosplay

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Doodle

>taking an eight month-old to a place full of sweaty, overweight, horny nerds
YEAH