News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Warhammer 40k

Started by The Seventh, August 15, 2012, 03:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Seventh

Just to see if anyone here has any interest in the Games Workshop series at all.

If so, it'd be nice to know if any of you possibly collect any tabletop armies, or play any of the computer games (both being reasons why I posted it here in the first place).

As of current I only have the Dawn of War games (original, Winter Assault and Dark Crusade) and the Space Marine game, but I might consider getting some miniatures for fun (I cannot possibly fathom making a playable army as of now.  Good god the poop's expensive.).
meh

RX-78-2

I know it's a bit late to reply to this, but I felt bad about it not getting any replies.

Unfortunately, I've never played any Warhammer games myself, but I know friends that do and I'm very interested in playing one eventually. It's just pretty expensive though, I think.

I do have a lot of MageKnight figures though, if that means anything. I enjoyed playing that while I could.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

The Seventh

Quote from: RX-78-2 on September 04, 2012, 03:02:38 AM
I know it's a bit late to reply to this, but I felt bad about it not getting any replies.

Unfortunately, I've never played any Warhammer games myself, but I know friends that do and I'm very interested in playing one eventually. It's just pretty expensive though, I think.

I do have a lot of MageKnight figures though, if that means anything. I enjoyed playing that while I could.
Oh, trust me, I tried looking at the prices for the figures and about DIED from the sticker shock.  This is why I'm sticking to the computer games until I get a decent job...

Even though I got a Black Templar codex I could make an army with...
meh

RX-78-2

Yeah, I might eventually play one of the video games. Are they similar enough to the real thing or at least comparably good?

The Seventh

Quote from: RX-78-2 on September 15, 2012, 09:17:54 PM
Yeah, I might eventually play one of the video games. Are they similar enough to the real thing or at least comparably good?
I've played all of the original Dawn of War games except Soulstorm, and honestly they can be quite fun RTS games.

My only problem is when you fight someone that knows how to use Eldar.  FIRE PRISMS.  FUCK.

And I wish I could say that it's similar, but I don't know the overall rules a TON for the tabletop game.

And then Space Marine can be a darn fun game.  The weapons, as far as I know, are fairly accurate.  But the online (if you get a decent connection) can be fun as hell.  If you hear anyone comparing it to Gears, they're a intercourse ing moron.  All I can say there.
meh

RX-78-2

Thanks for the info dude. I'll be considering the games even more now.