News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

does anyone actually see WiiU being successful?

Started by The Riddler, January 07, 2012, 06:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Nayrman on April 26, 2012, 06:53:41 PM
I read the no price tag at E3 as well. To be honest, I think that is a bad move. With the economy so tight, it'd probably be a good idea to give us some kind of indication of price ahead of time so those of us with sketchy job situations (as in, ALL of us) can save up appropriately or so. or at least plan around it. Obviously that depends on when Nintendo wants to announce it, but hopefully it'll be a "end of summer, AT LATEST" deals.

I hope that second part Darkness, is true as well, as hopefully that means Nintendo has finally decided to put some darn memory in their system. Yeesh.

Also, the Nintendo Network better not blow, or they're effectively dead in the water from Day 1.

They probably have it down to a range, and will decide which end of the range to go with based on E3 reactions so they don't end up having to change the price after announcing it. Doing that would look pretty bad, especially to investors.

Speaking of price... http://www.gamefocus.ca/news/16600.html

Edit: Thinking about investors made me decide to check the stock price, and it actually hit a new low for the past year (possibly past five years) today. You can bet that they'll be very cautious from this point on.

zephilicious

if nintendo had decided on a price they would announce it at E3. any retailer 'leak' is just speculation
~~ <3

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: zephilicious on May 01, 2012, 11:54:28 AM
if nintendo had decided on a price they would announce it at E3. any retailer 'leak' is just speculation

Likely, but from what I heard something similar happened with Wii. Plus, there's no guarantee that they're so eager to announce a price ASAP. If they think the price might be too high, they might not want to kill the hype at the biggest gaming event of the year by announcing it.