News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Guidelines To RPing

Started by Macawmoses, October 13, 2007, 04:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

Now, believe it or not I  went through a phase of RPing and remember some of the guidelines.
This will be geared more for newcomers than anything!

1) Chat: First and foremost this is not the place to chat. We have threads and we have a chat feature. Spamming is what it will be considered and there is a chance it will be deleted, if not modified.

2) Make Posts that Count: RPing is telling a story, so a couple of words don't usually suffice. Try your hardest, but remember there are times when one or two words are VERY effective!

3)Control: While RPing you control your character and that is it. Say you are a Pokemon Trainer and have Charizard out. You can say what Charizard does ( fire blast for instance ) but you do not determne the damage, or if it even hits!

4) God Modding: is basically giving yourself the power to do anything you want...and in most RPs is not tolerated in the slightest. Most lay down this rule to begin with.

5) Follow the Rules: These! Sure follow these, but also follow the RP creators rules. They have final say, really.

6) PG-13?: Keep it appropriate, violence etc is tolerated, but I do  not want 3 posts dedicated COMPLETELY to gore, sex, and swearing. In the right amounts I suppose it is acceptable!

7) Warnings: If I, or any other mod, hands out a warning expect it to apply to YOU as well.

8 ) Locked/Deleted: If you RP (or any Forum Game) gets deleted or locked, the first mod to ask is likely me. I consider this one of my home boards now, I check in daily, and I have a proactive role. Outside of me, you can ask any moderator for justification, but I'd be a good place to start.

9) That is it folks...for now. Remember these are GUIDELINES, always follow the creators rules. Have a nice night!

~MoM~