News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Any events recently remind you that you're getting older?

Started by Lotos, May 28, 2010, 06:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lotos

Today is my sister's 13th birthday.  (Edit: I also have to add that she's the "baby" of the family -- she's the youngest amongst us and our cousins on both sides of the family)  In about three months, I will be 18.  It feels like yesterday that she was only 10.  Then again, that was when I had a social life.

Red

The Riddler

Well, not older, but two girls that were in my grade, one of whom I was very close with, passed away this week.

Makes me realize how short life is.

Gwen Khan

in two weeks I'll be 25, 1/3 of my life expectancy has past :(

Java

Well, I went to the Class of 2010's graduation yesterday.
That pretty much reminded me that I'm getting older and that I'm going to be a Senior next year.
Scary thought.

Eizweir

All my cousins that I haven't in a while are now graduating from high school and going off to college.  Not to long ago we were little and playing together >_<
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

RX-78-2

Quote from: The Beatles on May 28, 2010, 06:47:23 PM
/thread.
What does this mean?

On topic: The search for a college I guess. I want to take it easy, but I'm kind of being rushed.

Paradoxically, my next and last year of high school, as it'll be "only" one more year, but also a "whole 'nother" year.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: RX-78-2 (TerribleFrog) on May 30, 2010, 12:20:15 AM
What does this mean?
"/Thread" is a way to just say "End question; No need to ask anymore. It's redundant"

That being said, Dubai.

/thread.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Mystic

My daughter being born in a few months
Gary Coleman dying

Potestas

I'm nearing 19 and am getting more and more forgetful. That's all I can think about.

Click the sig to level it up. Go to Ichimonai.com to learn more.

Dog Food

Quote from: Potestas on June 03, 2010, 06:04:14 AM
I'm nearing 19 and am getting more and more forgetful. That's all I can think about.
So then, you forgot the rest of your list?

Quote from: Mystic on May 30, 2010, 06:59:18 AM
Gary Coleman dying
That just about tops anything else in this thread.

As for me, just the process of looking for colleges, etc. It reminds me of the good old days when I didn't have to worry about jobs, cars, rejection letters, paying for college, leaving home, making my own dinner, doing my own laundry, etc. The simple things that my parents used to do for me? Done. And after college, it isn't back home to my family, it's out to find my own home. Fuck man, I only get a little over a year left of living here. All I feel is old right now.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Kilroy

Toy Story 3.

The original Shrek is almost 10 years old.

That's really it. ;-;
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

SkyMyl

My niece is turning eight later this month. Eight years ago, I was a seven year old uncle.

Quote from: Mystic on May 30, 2010, 06:59:18 AM
Yeah, this pretty much tops everything.

Quote from: Riddler on May 28, 2010, 06:59:12 PM
Well, not older, but two girls that were in my grade, one of whom I was very close with, passed away this week.

Makes me realize how short life is.
D:

BOREDFOREVER

Watching DBZ, the show I used to watch as a kid, with my four year old daughter.  Also, having two children (I had to top Mystic, since it was called untoppable.)

Java

Oh and becoming an uncle eight weeks ago made me feel older too.