News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Did/Will you enter in the Phantom Hourglass contest?

Started by bluaki, September 27, 2007, 06:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

*points at title*

Yes, I've already entered
8 (30.8%)
Yes, I'll be sure to enter before Oct02
2 (7.7%)
Maybe, I'm not so sure that I'll enter
4 (15.4%)
No, I don't plan on entering
10 (38.5%)
I would enter but I won't get 50 posts in time
2 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Genius

Quote from: NGAMER9 on September 27, 2007, 07:52:35 PM

Hmm.. is there anyway to avoid giving my address?  Although I doubt I will win anyway, I really want this game...

Don't worry.  Snorkel has the magic ability to send it to you telepathically.  No shipping required.

Sabby

snorkel, i know you want a lot of people to enter the contest, but wouldn't it disappoint you if the person that won sells it right after they get it?

join the revolutionists for brawl! www.revolutionists.co.nr

phatyo

Quote from: SBSTN1 on September 27, 2007, 08:00:46 PM
snorkel, i know you want a lot of people to enter the contest, but wouldn't it disappoint you if the person that won sells it right after they get it?
heck he wont it its is choice

NGAMER9

Quote from: Genius on September 27, 2007, 07:58:47 PM

Hmm.. is there anyway to avoid giving my address?  Although I doubt I will win anyway, I really want this game...

Don't worry.  Snorkel has the magic ability to send it to you telepathically.  No shipping required.
I meant like sending it somewhere else and me picking it up ;)
Hey all.  Do you plan on getting GH3?  Do you have online?  If you answered yes to both questions, why not join a band on guitarhero.com? I am currently starting up a band, and I need some awsome rockers.  If you are interested, pm me.  No name yet, so if you have ideas, pm me please.

Húrin

Hmm.. is there anyway to avoid giving my address?  Although I doubt I will win anyway, I really want this game...

Yeah, and there's no need for insurance either.

NGAMER9

Quote from: NGAMER9 on September 27, 2007, 08:01:43 PM

I meant like sending it somewhere else and me picking it up ;)
darn, smilleys don't work :(
Hey all.  Do you plan on getting GH3?  Do you have online?  If you answered yes to both questions, why not join a band on guitarhero.com? I am currently starting up a band, and I need some awsome rockers.  If you are interested, pm me.  No name yet, so if you have ideas, pm me please.

Genius

Quote from: NGAMER9 on September 27, 2007, 08:02:59 PM

Hm, they should be.  It's working fine for me.  Do you have a smiley set chosen in your settings?

Also, I don't really get what you'd expect him to do.  He could ship it somewhere near you, but what's the point?  Much easier to just get it to you.

Anyway, if Snorkel actually wants everyone to enter, I guess I may as well do it.  It would be better than someone who would sell it getting it.  I just don't feel right about doing it, for some reason.  I'm weird like that.

NGAMER9

Quote from: Genius on September 27, 2007, 08:06:01 PM
Quote from: NGAMER9 on September 27, 2007, 08:02:59 PM

Hm, they should be.  It's working fine for me.  Do you have a smiley set chosen in your settings?

Also, I don't really get what you'd expect him to do.  He could ship it somewhere near you, but what's the point?  Much easier to just get it to you.
I don't think so...anyway, I am just a little paranoid when it comes to stuff like this.

Genius

Quote from: NGAMER9 on September 27, 2007, 08:07:07 PM
I don't think so...anyway, I am just a little paranoid when it comes to stuff like this.

That's odd.  Only an admin can check that stuff, so ask JMV or Snorkel.  One of them should be able to help you.

I don't see the problem.  It's not like you're giving your address out to the whole community.  I doubt anyone would do anything with it.  There's nothing to worry about.  No different than giving your address for a contest at a bigger site.  They all work the same way.

NGAMER9

Quote from: Genius on September 27, 2007, 08:09:37 PM
Quote from: NGAMER9 on September 27, 2007, 08:07:07 PM

That's odd.  Only an admin can check that stuff, so ask JMV or Snorkel.  One of them should be able to help you.

I don't see the problem.  It's not like you're giving your address out to the whole community.  I doubt anyone would do anything with it.  There's nothing to worry about.  No different than giving your address for a contest at a bigger site.  They all work the same way.
Yeah, I might as well enter and deal with it if I win. 

bluaki

Quote from: Snorkel on September 27, 2007, 07:49:42 PM
Quote from: NGAMER9 on September 27, 2007, 07:45:59 PM
Do you only give it out if you win?

All you have to do to enter is send an email to contest@nsiderforums.net. If you win, then I'll ask you for your address.
Hmm.. is there anyway to avoid giving my address?  Although I doubt I will win anyway, I really want this game...
The only way to claim your prize is to give some place for it to be shipped to. I REALLY doubt that the admins would do anything with your address other than enter it into the "ship to:" field when buying it or writing it as the receiver when they ship it out to you.
If you, for whatever reason, really want to not give your address, I guess your options are:
1. Not entering
2. Getting and using a P.O. box
3. Giving the address of somebody you know who can be trusted to give you package and is fine with it

Poncho

TheLivingLegend

I dont have a high enough post count, but I should by the 1st. :)

Termanian_Knight

I'm... planning to. :P

Slim chance I'd win it though.