News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Mack was in a car accident.

Started by Silverhawk79, February 27, 2011, 07:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverhawk79

I'm assuming some of you have heard the news that Mack was in a car accident, but not much else. Well, I got an email with all the details. I'll just quote the main bits here.

QuoteYesterday, Kyle sustained minor injuries while driving back to school on Highway 1. These injuries include a torn shoulder, small concussion, scrapes on his legs, and potentially severe injury to his left knee. His truck sustained much damage, and his books and other personal effects are destroyed. He is on bed rest for the rest of this week at minimum.

He will have minimal amounts of time to spend on the computer during this time due to the concussion.

I'm thinking it would be a nice gesture to make some sort of NSFCD-themed card to send him (well, email him) while he's on the mend. His friend is the one who sent the email to me, and is acting as a messenger for him. So, would you all be up to helping me put together a card? All you really need to do is submit a picture with some sort of message and/or a signature.

Update: He's actually out of the hospital, but is still on bedrest.
Update 2: Apparently it was a rollover, likely caused by inclement weather conditions.

Current card: [spoiler][/spoiler]

Kayo

;______;

Well, I hope he gets out of there quick. Glad to see that it's mostly minor (as opposed to breaking several bones, etc) but it still sounds pretty painful. Yeah, I wish I had more to say, but...

just, ;______;
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Super

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

SkyMyl

Mikoyan

Damn, when I first read the email, I thought Mack had gotten into something in the region of Judgement (NSider sage; died in surgery) in terms of seriousness. It's a hell of a relief to see that isn't the case, but that still doesn't mean that he didn't receive just a small bump or anything. That crash could've gone a lot worse for him.

Even though I barely come here anymore, I am completely down for the card when it happens. I haven't talked to him in forever....

FruitFlow

Well, it's good to know the injuries aren't severe.
Upon reading the title, I thought it was something beyond horrifying.

But it's great to hear he's doing well.

I wouldn't mind helping out with the card, but I need to get Photoshop reinstalled on my PC since I reformatted it about 7 weeks ago.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Tupin

So sad to hear. I wish him a swift recovery.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Drezford_the_Rebell

Tell him I said that I hope he gets better. He probably will seeing as he's Mack.

Silverhawk79

By the way, all you need is just some sort of image to post in the thread. I'll handle the assembly of it.

Macawmoses

Thank you all for the kind wishes!

I will be sure to send kind words off to him!

Mikoyan: his injuries were a little more severe than a bruise! His leg may not every be quite the same, but we're hoping it is one of those things that affects him when he is 40 and 50 and not a permanent limp!

As for the conditions, he was on a major highway going 100kmh (or so -- 60 mph). The vehicle rolled at least 3 times! We're very greatful that he is still with us!

^^^^^^^^
<Sharkman>
vvvvvvvvvvv

Zovistograt

Everything is like a game, and when the stakes are high, you definitely want to win.  I believe you are playing with enough power to beat this boss >:3
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Mikoyan on February 27, 2011, 08:19:54 PM
Damn, when I first read the email, I thought Mack had gotten into something in the region of Judgement (NSider sage; died in surgery) in terms of seriousness. It's a hell of a relief to see that isn't the case, but that still doesn't mean that he didn't receive just a small bump or anything. That crash could've gone a lot worse for him.

Even though I barely come here anymore, I am completely down for the card when it happens. I haven't talked to him in forever....

Quote from: Drezford_the_Rebell on February 27, 2011, 08:37:16 PM
Tell him I said that I hope he gets better. He probably will seeing as he's Mack.

When Mack is hurt, he calls forth forgotten members...

Hope he gets well soon as well.

Warchamp7

I know he thinks I hate him but I really don't. Here's wishing him a speedy recovery.

Fifi

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Fifi on February 27, 2011, 08:45:18 PM
He's going to be okay, right?
Yeah. From what I've heard, he's currently just on bedrest. He was discharged from the hospital fairly quickly, as his injuries weren't life-threatening.