News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Colorblindness.

Started by The Riddler, May 18, 2010, 11:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Food

Quote from: JrDude ჱܓ on May 19, 2010, 03:01:44 PM
Weird, something like red weakness happened on my teacher's comp, didn't show any red, or was it missing blue? I know blue had something to do with it.

Also, with the risk of sounding like an ass, I partially don't believe a word you are saying.
JrDude, this isn't a joke. My brother is colorblind and my sister used to tear the labels off of crayons when they were little so he'd have no idea which colored crayon he was actually using. Also, people who are colorblind can't go into certain professions because their lack of seeing certain colors will ruin their chances at the job (I think there are some jobs on the air force like this) . Some jobs that rely on you seeing certain colors make you take a test to see if you are colorblind or not. It involves looking at different colored sheets to see if you can find the shape or if it appears invisible to you. Or something like that.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

JrDude

Quote from: Pumburn on May 19, 2010, 04:15:39 PM
That was in a confessions thread as a joke.

This is a whole topic made by me to discuss the topic.
You were one of the only people to make a joke on a thread where almost everyone's message was true and often serious, and because of the level of seriousness in the thread, everyone assumed you were telling the truth, felt bad, then you were "oh lol i lied."
Though no one cared, it made you look like someone who would easily make lie about something serious to get either attention, sympathy, or for poops and giggles.
If it makes you feel better and shut up, I will gladly make a message stating I believe you and feel bad for you :)
Quote from: KJ on May 19, 2010, 07:06:00 PM
JrDude, this isn't a joke.
By this message, sounds like you mean I don't believe in colorblindness. I know there are color blind people, it's just Rob.
[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

Quote from: JrDude ჱܓ on May 20, 2010, 12:10:18 AM
You were one of the only people to make a joke on a thread where almost everyone's message was true and often serious, and because of the level of seriousness in the thread, everyone assumed you were telling the truth, felt bad, then you were "oh lol i lied."
Though no one cared, it made you look like someone who would easily make lie about something serious to get either attention, sympathy, or for poops and giggles.
If it makes you feel better and shut up, I will gladly make a message stating I believe you and feel bad for you :)By this message, sounds like you mean I don't believe in colorblindness. I know there are color blind people, it's just Rob.
You have to be the only person who took it that seriously and holds a grudge or something. :|

JrDude

Quote from: Pumburn on May 20, 2010, 12:12:22 AM
You have to be the only person who took it that seriously and holds a grudge or something. :|
I'm not holding a grudge, I just don't believe most things people I don't know say on the internet, and a serious lie just makes it harder to believe.
You can believe what you want though. Yes I am holding a grudge, grr, I will get you back for lying to me you rascal! I'll start with not believing you in a thread you make :O that'll show him.
[move][/move]
Dude .

JrDude

Also, didn't get this from the most reliable source in the world, but people who are colorblind aren't allowed to drive and get a license. I asked why and it's because they can hardly tell the difference between the color of stop lights, all the colors look similar, so they aren't allowed to get a license. And you said you have your license.
[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

Quote from: JrDude ჱܓ on May 20, 2010, 12:26:29 AM
Also, didn't get this from the most reliable source in the world, but people who are colorblind aren't allowed to drive and get a license. I asked why and it's because they can hardly tell the difference between the color of stop lights, all the colors look similar, so they aren't allowed to get a license. And you said you have your license.
That's not even remotely true, although I have heard I could get one of those disability tags.

What you need to understand is that there are a few types of colorblindness. The simulations I showed are the type I have, the more common one. What you're thinking of is total color blindness, which is ridiculously rare.

JrDude

Quote from: Pumburn on May 20, 2010, 12:29:15 AM
That's not even remotely true
Looks true to me

If you look back & fourth, you can see that the red at the bottom and the green in the pic look almost like the exact same color, thus not being able to tell the difference.
[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

Quote from: JrDude ჱܓ on May 20, 2010, 12:31:24 AM
Looks true to me

If you look back & fourth, you can see that the red at the bottom and the green in the pic look almost like the exact same color, thus not being able to tell the difference.
I meant the driver's license thing.
The two images look identical to me, it's not a matter of looking back and fourth, it's that my perception of the colors is shifted. The bottom two are different, the one on the bottom left is for blue/yellow-colorblind people, and the bottom right is for full colorblind people. I'm red/green, the top right, and the top left is what everyone else sees.

The two look identical to me because what everyone else sees is shifted for me to what you see in the top right picture.

At least, that's how I think the simulations work. According to everyone the top right picture is bland and boring or something, and it seems colorful to me. I can distinguish each color from one another in the picture itself, but the two pictures look identical.

JrDude

Quote from: Pumburn on May 20, 2010, 12:35:42 AM
I meant the driver's license thing.
The two images look identical to me, it's not a matter of looking back and fourth, it's that my perception of the colors is shifted. The bottom two are different, the one on the bottom left is for blue/yellow-colorblind people, and the bottom right is for full colorblind people. I'm red/green, the top right, and the top left is what everyone else sees.

The two look identical to me because what everyone else sees is shifted for me to what you see in the top right picture.

At least, that's how I think the simulations work. According to everyone the top right picture is bland and boring or something, and it seems colorful to me. I can distinguish each color from one another in the picture itself, but the two pictures look identical.
I meant the top 2, though there are differences, the red, green and yellow look overly similar.
[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

Quote from: JrDude ჱܓ on May 20, 2010, 12:40:37 AM
I meant the top 2, though there are differences, the red, green and yellow look overly similar.
The two are actually the same?
Well, they look identical to me. I can't confirm they're different without others inputs.
I posted two other simulations that also look identical to me.

JrDude

Quote from: Pumburn on May 20, 2010, 12:47:10 AM
The two are actually the same?
Well, they look identical to me. I can't confirm they're different without others inputs.
I posted two other simulations that also look identical to me.
Confusion has happened.
[move][/move]
Dude .

BOREDFOREVER

I know playing games sucks for some colorblind people, especially where they use red/green as colors in a puzzle.

And yes, Colorblind people can get driver's licences.  The colors are always stacked the same, so all you really have to do is be able to tell which is lit.

Kayo

So, rob, you can't see anything here:

right? That sucks. (._. )

I am not any type of color-blind, but I know this one guy who is colorblind, yet he can solve a Rubiks Cube in under a minute. It baffles me.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

JrDude

Quote from: BOREDFANBOY on May 20, 2010, 10:25:07 AM
The colors are always stacked the same, so all you really have to do is be able to tell which is lit.
Not in Canada, where he lives, sometimes they're sideways.
Also those one lights that I've barely actually seen, the ones that determine whether you can go that direction on that street or something, can't explain it well, especially since I've only seen them like once, though that was before I knew how to drive so I didn't know what it's purpose was. I learned about them in Drivers Ed, sometimes it's green for a loong time, sometimes it becomes red meaning you can't drive in that direction at the moment, and if memory serves, which it often doesn't, then there's only 1 circle/square of light saying whether you can go or not.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Cornwad

You meant the red/green arrows? It will still turn yellow before it turns red, so you can just watch for the yellow.