News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Colorblindness.

Started by The Riddler, May 18, 2010, 11:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Riddler

Am I the only colorblind person here?

I hate being colorblind, but mostly when I see the simulations and see people's reactions.

These two pictures look exactly the same to me, but to everyone else it's supposedly different. The colors in the bottom image should be different to you; Those are the colors I see.

I did an informative speech about colorblindness in my communications class, if anyone is interested I'll send them the powerpoint I did.

I'll also post more simulations if you're interested.

JrDude

Post things with many more colors in both versions.
Though due to the fact that someone couldn't see (or I assume so) in both versions themselves, I assume they wouldn't be able to get what that looks like in both versions, therefore not able to produce a perfect picture of what people like you see. And aren't colorblind people supposed to see in black & white? or was that just an assumption made by my mind as a child? (colorblind = no color seen = black & white seen, though this may just be a childhood thought that stayed with me as I aged [I'm not old, but you know what I mean])
[move][/move]
Dude .

Night the Lucario

I'm not Red-Green colour blind, although I occasionally mistake Red-Yellow, Blue-Green, and Red-Orange.
When one lives by the pen, one dies by the angry characters you misused. But it's too much fun not to!
Forsooth, I AM insane! FEAR ME, YE MORTALS, OR DESPAIR AT MY INSANITY! *insane cackling*
Ahem. Anyone have an RP? I need an outlet for my randomness. ;D
Think another thought, dream another dream, live another lie.
I'm writing poetry. Anyone have a request?
I'm Night the Lucario. Although that should be obvious. Just look at the sig. Or title and PT.

Cornwad

My uncle is colorblind, but that must be pretty terrible. It looks like the whole world is in a bad camera filter. You can't even see the butterfly thing?

Chris8492

Im not color blind but i do end up getting this weird White/Red vision if im in a room with flouresent lights a lot

Dannyboy

Quote from: Pumburn on May 18, 2010, 11:52:04 PM

I hate being colorblind, but mostly when I see the simulations and see people's reactions.

These two pictures look exactly the same to me, but to everyone else it's supposedly different. The colors in the bottom image should be different to you; Those are the colors I see.

I did an informative speech about colorblindness in my communications class, if anyone is interested I'll send them the powerpoint I did.

Please post more pictures.

Thank you

Dannyboy

Quote from: Pumburn on May 18, 2010, 11:52:04 PM

I know that colorblindness is a genetic disfunction of some cones of the retina. Does anyone else in your family have same problems?

I am doing a research about colorblindness therefore I am interested in knowing more about it and all kind of problems that colorblind people face.

The Riddler

Quote from: Dannyboy on May 19, 2010, 10:04:47 AM
I know that colorblindness is a genetic disfunction of some cones of the retina. Does anyone else in your family have same problems?

I am doing a research about colorblindness therefore I am interested in knowing more about it and all kind of problems that colorblind people face.
As far as I know, I'm the only one in my family with it.

The top two images look identical to me.

The two top apples look the same, and the two bottom apples look the same.

I also can't see most Ishihara tests or the Farnsworth D-15 test.

Dannyboy

Do you usually have lot of color-related problems? Have you been looking for a solution that could help you?

DededeCloneChris

This is the same sickness that made my dad give a PURPLE bike to my little brother, and he could've sworn it was blue. D:

JrDude

Weird, something like red weakness happened on my teacher's comp, didn't show any red, or was it missing blue? I know blue had something to do with it.

Also, with the risk of sounding like an ass, I partially don't believe a word you are saying.
[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

Quote from: JrDude ჱܓ on May 19, 2010, 03:01:44 PM
Weird, something like red weakness happened on my teacher's comp, didn't show any red, or was it missing blue? I know blue had something to do with it.

Also, with the risk of sounding like an ass, I partially don't believe a word you are saying.
You do indeed sound like an ass.
Why would I make a topic and post about it if I was lying? You intercourse ing idiot.

JrDude

Quote from: Pumburn on May 19, 2010, 03:31:12 PM
You do indeed sound like an ass.
Why would I make a topic and post about it if I was lying? You intercourse ing idiot.
QuoteI have aids
QuoteOh wait, I was lying
That doesn't make you seem like a liar at all.
[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

Quote from: JrDude ჱܓ on May 19, 2010, 03:58:51 PM
That doesn't make you seem like a liar at all.
That was in a confessions thread as a joke.

This is a whole topic made by me to discuss the topic.

Cornwad

To be fair, I guess you can't miss something that you've never seen. You should look into those robotic eyes. It would be really cool to see red and green for the first time.