<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

I... I think I may cry...

Started by Neerb, September 21, 2011, 06:28:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on September 24, 2011, 11:41:40 PM
Ah, yes.
You're right. I forgot he learned it as an egg move.

My bad.
We haven't had any really good fire types for like 8 years

But then Chandelure came along. All's well now.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

Quote from: Kayo on September 24, 2011, 11:43:24 PM
We haven't had any really good fire types for like 8 years

But then Chandelure came along. All's well now.

Blaziken, Heatran, Infernape, Volcarona, Ninetales.

Charizard is a intercourse ing monster in UU right now, and I've been seeing him on some OU Sun teams lately. He's quite effective when used right. Dat Solar Power ability is intercourse ing scary.

There are probably more, and if Stealth Rock wasn't so standard we'd see more Fire types being used.

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on September 25, 2011, 11:35:59 AM
Blaziken, Heatran, Infernape, Volcarona, Ninetales.

Charizard is a intercourse ing monster in UU right now, and I've been seeing him on some OU Sun teams lately. He's quite effective when used right. Dat Solar Power ability is intercourse ing scary.

There are probably more, and if Stealth Rock wasn't so standard we'd see more Fire types being used.

Blaziken was okay, and now Speed Boost made it Uber so I'm not even counting it. Poor thing.
Heatran? Ugh. Yeah, it's good competitively, but since it's the ONLY non-starter Fire type of the 4th gen I see it differently. And it's a legendary, which we have too many per gen now. It doesn't live up to the legendary hype for me.
Infernape? Another Fire/Fighting starter? Lazy old GameFreak.
Volcarona's alright, I'll give it that. I really dig the name.
Ninetales is 1st gen, more than 8 years ago.

5th gen has Chandelure and Volcarona. Not much, but better than the past few gens. Yeah I know there's more, but those are the only two I like. Victini's okay.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

lol

Ninetales has Drought now. OMG HEATRAN DOESN'T LIVE UP TO ITS LEGENDARY STATUS. Who gives a intercourse ?

You're technically wrong btw. Gen IV also had Rotom's heat form.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Zero on September 26, 2011, 08:19:49 AM
Unfortunately, that was pre-Fire-Type-Platinum era. Besides, Gen V allowed Rotom to change its Typing.

Zero

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on September 26, 2011, 08:19:49 AM
lol

Ninetales has Drought now. OMG HEATRAN DOESN'T LIVE UP TO ITS LEGENDARY STATUS. Who gives a intercourse ?

Okay maybe I'm confused considering I think you're on a different page than me. Looking at fire types as a whole, the best ones were at the beginning and end of the national Pokedex. For me, Heatran isn't doing it as the ONLY fire-type we have. I didn't say it was a major offense that it didn't live up to legendary status. It doesn't, at all, in my view. I mean that's not the ONLY thing that decides it. I mean, I think it's a decent Pokemon (I like the typing, for one) but... well

tl;dr it's a good Pokemon, but not for a legendary. Because of the massive amount of legendaries, if I could pick ONE from Gen IV to lose its legendary status, it would be Heatran. Yeah I know that's a silly point. But yeah.
[move][/move]

Zero

I'm talking competitively. Which is really all that matters.

Heatran easily lives up to its "legendary" status. It was used on just about every OU team towards the end of D/P and appeared on plenty of uber teams. It's Base 130 SpAtk, ability, defenses, typing, and movepool make it one monster of a pokemon.

I agree that its intercourse ing stupid that GF decided not to add many fire types during Gen IV, but saying its less of a legendary than say, Cresselia, is laughable.

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on September 26, 2011, 12:39:28 PM
I'm talking competitively. Which is really all that matters.

Heatran easily lives up to its "legendary" status. It was used on just about every OU team towards the end of D/P and appeared on plenty of uber teams. It's Base 130 SpAtk, ability, defenses, typing, and movepool make it one monster of a pokemon.

I agree that its intercourse ing stupid that GF decided not to add many fire types during Gen IV, but saying its less of a legendary than say, Cresselia, is laughable.

Oh, COMPETITIVELY. Yeah, that's different. It's stats are huge. However, it just seems more filler than legendary compared to any of the others. I just think that Heatran could even function, if you have a creative imagination, as a pseudo-legendary. I mean, say it was the last in a 3-pokemon evolution chain. I really don't see anything wrong with that. Cresselia has a bit more of a legendary appearance than Heatran, to be fair. It's got that whole "lunar, sparkly" feel to it.
[move][/move]

Zero

Kayo

[move][/move]

Zero

You go through an annoying dungeon to battle it, it plays legendary music, it intercourse ing rapes poop, what more do you need? It's no where near being a filler legendary.

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on September 26, 2011, 01:12:01 PM
You go through an annoying dungeon to battle it, it plays legendary music, it intercourse ing rapes poop, what more do you need? It's no where near being a filler legendary.
It has no story or anything, it's just there. GameFreak just decided "Oh hell let's just throw another one in there." There's no plot to it or anything. It's like Mewtwo in gen I... only Mewtwo was one of four obtainable legendaries. Heatran is one of... seven? AT LEAST. There's the trio, the cover legendary, Giratina, Cresselia, Regigigas... which is seven right there. Then there are FOUR specially obtained Legendaries (counting Manaphy).

It's the number.
Trio: There's always a trio. Been that way since Gen I; it's understandable.
Dialga/Palkia: Climax of the story, etc etc.
Giratina: Seemed more filler until Platinum, which completely gave it meaning.
Cresselia: Your roamer. As if Mesprit didn't count, but at least there's the whole Cresselia/Darkrai rivalry thing.
Regigigas: The kind of past legendaries. Not exactly necessary, but at least it has a backstory
Heatran: As if that wasn't enough let's throw another in at the end of a cave, why not?

I understand its purpose: It gives meaning to the Battle Zone. The whole island is optional, but if you travel to the deepest part of the island possible, you find Heatran. It's cool. I just didn't like the way they kind of kept him underground. I'm not sure if anyone in-game even references it. If they threw a little legend behind it (Like Kyurem in B/W--the citizens of the town right next to its lair go in their houses at night because the big scary monster comes out of the giant hole, etc.)

I mean, it needs at least SOMETHING. It didn't get anything. It just sat there chilling in the back of a volcano until someone decided "What's in there?"

Needs more legend story.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Kayo on September 26, 2011, 01:29:27 PM
It has no story or anything, it's just there. GameFreak just decided "Oh hell let's just throw another one in there." There's no plot to it or anything. It's like Mewtwo in gen I... only Mewtwo was one of four obtainable legendaries. Heatran is one of... seven? AT LEAST. There's the trio, the cover legendary, Giratina, Cresselia, Regigigas... which is seven right there. Then there are FOUR specially obtained Legendaries (counting Manaphy).

It's the number.
Trio: There's always a trio. Been that way since Gen I; it's understandable.
Dialga/Palkia: Climax of the story, etc etc.
Giratina: Seemed more filler until Platinum, which completely gave it meaning.
Cresselia: Your roamer. As if Mesprit didn't count, but at least there's the whole Cresselia/Darkrai rivalry thing.
Regigigas: The kind of past legendaries. Not exactly necessary, but at least it has a backstory
Heatran: As if that wasn't enough let's throw another in at the end of a cave, why not?

I understand its purpose: It gives meaning to the Battle Zone. The whole island is optional, but if you travel to the deepest part of the island possible, you find Heatran. It's cool. I just didn't like the way they kind of kept him underground. I'm not sure if anyone in-game even references it. If they threw a little legend behind it (Like Kyurem in B/W--the citizens of the town right next to its lair go in their houses at night because the big scary monster comes out of the giant hole, etc.)

I mean, it needs at least SOMETHING. It didn't get anything. It just sat there chilling in the back of a volcano until someone decided "What's in there?"

Needs more legend story.
Charon clearly wants to harness its power in Platinum. Besides, taking away the meaning to the Battle Zone is ignoring it had another meaning.

Zero

Quote from: Zero on September 26, 2011, 01:12:01 PM