News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Nuzlocke Question

Started by Flying Chickens, August 17, 2011, 12:22:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flying Chickens

When it says I can only catch the first Pokemon I see in an area...
Does an area mean, for instance, the entire "Dark Cave"? Or am I in a new area once I go through a miscellaneous door to another section of an area?
Can I go back to areas, and catch the first pokemon I see again?

Flying Chickens

Oh, and what happens when if I white/black/aquamarine out, as it may somehow happen.
Do I release them all and go to the PC, or is the game over and to be restarted?

So_So_Man

It depends on how you decide to interpret the rules.  Some people go with one pokemon per area name, some with one pokemon per map (different routes are different maps, and some sections of caves (like all those narrow passages in Mt. Moon) are on the same map despite not being visible from any other part).  As for white/black/aquamarining out, again, its a personal choice, but I'd imagine most people go with releasing them all.

JrDude

Quote from: So_So_Man on August 17, 2011, 11:08:45 AM
It depends on how you decide to interpret the rules.  Some people go with one pokemon per area name, some with one pokemon per map (different routes are different maps, and some sections of caves (like all those narrow passages in Mt. Moon) are on the same map despite not being visible from any other part).  As for white/black/aquamarining out, again, its a personal choice, but I'd imagine most people go with releasing them all.
For the Whiting out poop, I think he means, "is the game over? or can I continue with Pokémon I stored in my PC?"
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Dark Cave I think is the only area where you can enter different parts of it at different points in the game (oh yeah and mt coronet) so.... I'd say just the first think in Dark Cave, period. If it's Dark Cave, it's optional anyway.

Also many people treat whiting out as game over, but in my most recent Nuzlocke I had an army of underleveled pokemon in the PC so if it was up to me I'd say release your entire party and grab 6 new things.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Flying Chickens

Oh man. I started a Nuzlocke on Fire Red, and got obliterated when I went to fight my rival without Pokemon trained at all.
A level 9 Pidgey killed everything.
I guess that was my wake up call for what I'm actually doing now.

Kayo

Quote from: Hover Poultry on August 17, 2011, 04:47:04 PM
Oh man. I started a Nuzlocke on Fire Red, and got obliterated when I went to fight my rival without Pokemon trained at all.
A level 9 Pidgey killed everything.
I guess that was my wake up call for what I'm actually doing now.
Yeah it's serious business. You have to be prepared to grind. A LOT.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Flying Chickens

Quote from: Kayo on August 17, 2011, 06:22:45 PM
Yeah it's serious business. You have to be prepared to grind. A LOT.
Yeah. Well, I read the comics, and I was like "Ah ha, fun!"
Then I started one, and I was like "OH, OH, RAPE RAPE FUCK STOP NO FUCK STOP!"

Custom

I grind like a motherintercourse er so I usually don't lose anything on these runs, lol.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Kayo

Quote from: Custom on August 17, 2011, 11:21:30 PM
I grind like a motherintercourse er so I usually don't lose anything on these runs, lol.
This is me on my last run.
[move][/move]

Custom

Kayo

Quote from: Custom on August 17, 2011, 11:25:16 PM
without speeding up the game.
I had to get it done in 3 days. D:
[move][/move]

CoasterKid93

Quote from: whatwewishfor on March 14, 2014, 09:35:19 AM
DINAH I EAT DINAH EVERY NIGHT LAST NIGHT I HAD PIZZA HAHAHAHAH

Kayo

[move][/move]

Custom