News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Gale of Darkness 3D

Started by Neerb, April 29, 2011, 04:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

http://www.3dsgamenews.com/2011/04/pokemon-xd-gale-of-darkness-port-coming-to-3ds/

Nintendo porting Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness to 3Ds. Real or fake? Awesome or lame?

Kayo

Never did get to finish this on the GCN. What is it, just a port? Or are they throwing in 4th and 5th gen features too? (One being the game mechanic changes, maybe the new moves too.)

I probably won't buy it. It looks cool, but it's essentially something I can do on my GameCube. I don't really need to take it everywhere.

But if they put improved/new things in there, and don't sell it for $50, I might get it.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

I've never played GoD, but I've heard it was a good game.
Is it free roam?
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

DededeCloneChris

I don't know. This sounds very fishy. I doubt Japanese magazines detailing some news. I mean, remember the Lightning Dissidia accident?

Kayo

Forget to mention, IF it was real. I am having doubts.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

I don't think it's real. If it is real, I assume it will be more of a remake than a port, since they'd have to completely revamp the game to work within 5th gen mechanics, items, etc. Also, I question if it would be able to interact with Black/White.

If it is real, though, it will definitely be awesome to finally have a 3D pokemon game on a handheld (I thought they'd have that on DS by now), even if it isn't really a version.

FruitFlow

Looking more and more at that image gives off fake like energy.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

My theory is:

The announcement that there would be a new Pokemon game coming out soon is legitimate... but someone decided to create this to show that the new game is a Gale of Darkness remake. Rather, try to convince people that it is.

Note how boring the screenshots are. The protagonist staring at the Hexagon Brothers does not make for a convincing screenshot. If it was new for the 3DS there would be newer pictures, perhaps showing differences from the original GoD, such as an all-new area or a 5th gen Pokemon coming out onto the field (Caption "You can even trade Pokemon from Black and White to expand your adventure!") or something like that.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Also, there's the fact that these aren't new screen shots of the same locations; these are the EXACT same screenshots that were released for the GCN game, as shown in the article that found this supposed magazine scan. Still, I thought it would be interesting to post here.

Kayo

The image quality is far too poor to even make anything out... legit magazine shots are often taken with the best quality they can in order to show the information well... while they leave fakes blurry so you can't see the details.
[move][/move]