News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

New Pokemon voted Uber in Gen V

Started by Kayo, March 28, 2011, 01:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornwad

I'm pretty sure if it was only speed boost Blaziken it would have said so, but I guess that might be because nobody in their right mind would use Blaze over Speed Boost.

FruitFlow

I honestly don't care for Blaziken.
I'm glad Infernape still hasn't been mentioned with his addition to Iron Fist.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Rayquarian

Obvious Aprils'f Fool joke is obvious.  Blaziken was UU last tier.  What makes it suddenly so amazing, even without Speed Boost?

Kayo

Quote from: Dialga on March 29, 2011, 05:48:21 AM
Obvious Aprils'f Fool joke is obvious.  Blaziken was UU last tier.  What makes it suddenly so amazing, even without Speed Boost?
Smogon people just looked at Speed Boost and made quick decisions just to ban poor Blaziken in general.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Smogon rulings are always final unless a majority of re-calculated again in the future.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Neerb

Quote from: Chandelure on March 29, 2011, 11:51:51 AM
Smogon people just looked at Speed Boost and made quick decisions just to ban poor Blaziken in general.

I find it odd that they banned him in general, but I wouldn't say they just went and made "quick decisions." After all, Reuniclus and Latios aren't banned just yet; I think they're taking care to be less ban-happy.

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on March 29, 2011, 06:07:31 PM
I find it odd that they banned him in general, but I wouldn't say they just went and made "quick decisions." After all, Reuniclus and Latios aren't banned just yet; I think they're taking care to be less ban-happy.
It's "on notice." So, right on the fence.

I've also heard things about Lugia and Deoxys-D being allowed in OU. Deoxys-D I can understand, but Lugia I'm not so sure about. It can be taken down easily now, but it's Special De-

Then again, Blissey remains in OU with its counters, so I can see Lugia staying off the ban list. Weakness to any physical Bug or Ghost pokemon (Hi from Scizor and Dusknoir) kind of haunts it.

EDIT: Forgetting it takes neutral damage from Bug attacks, but I'm pretty sure Scizor can still take it easily.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Current ban list:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/announcement.php?f=144&a=187

Quote from: Chandelure on March 29, 2011, 06:17:38 PM
I've also heard things about Lugia and Deoxys-D being allowed in OU.

Link, please? That doesn't sound like something that would be seriously considered.

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on March 29, 2011, 07:17:40 PM
Current ban list:

Link, please? That doesn't sound like something that would be seriously considered.
I saw it somewhere on Smogon, I have to find it again.

EDIT: until then: this.

[spoiler]Items
All items that increase Evasion (e.g. BrightPowder)

Moves
All moves that increase Evasion only (e.g. Minimize)
All instant OHKO moves (e.g. Horn Drill)

Abilities
Moody
Drizzle + Swift Swim on the same team

Species
Arceus
Blaziken
Darkrai
Deoxys-A
Deoxys
Dialga
Giratina
Giratina-O
Groudon
Ho-Oh
Kyogre
Lugia
Manaphy
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Shaymin-S
Zekrom[/spoiler]

That's the banlist. Lugia is there for now, but note the lack of Deoxys-D. This is recent, evidenced by the inclusion of Blaziken, but I see no Deoxys-S there, though I thought that was voted Uber. But yeah, Deoxys-D seems to be unbanned as of now.

EDIT 2: They probably banned Lugia for its DW ability, Multiscale. Same reason all Blaziken are banned.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

I was really looking forward to Drizzle team.

So_So_Man

Quote from: Chandelure on March 29, 2011, 07:33:21 PM
I saw it somewhere on Smogon, I have to find it again.

EDIT: until then: this.

[spoiler]Items
All items that increase Evasion (e.g. BrightPowder)

Moves
All moves that increase Evasion only (e.g. Minimize)
All instant OHKO moves (e.g. Horn Drill)

Abilities
Moody
Drizzle + Swift Swim on the same team

Species
Arceus
Blaziken
Darkrai
Deoxys-A
Deoxys
Dialga
Giratina
Giratina-O
Groudon
Ho-Oh
Kyogre
Lugia
Manaphy
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Shaymin-S
Zekrom[/spoiler]

That's the banlist. Lugia is there for now, but note the lack of Deoxys-D. This is recent, evidenced by the inclusion of Blaziken, but I see no Deoxys-S there, though I thought that was voted Uber. But yeah, Deoxys-D seems to be unbanned as of now.

EDIT 2: They probably banned Lugia for its DW ability, Multiscale. Same reason all Blaziken are banned.

If thats the full list, they've unbanned garchomp and salamence...

Kayo

Quote from: So_So_Man on March 30, 2011, 01:46:57 PM
They unbanned EVERYTHING to begin with, they just started by adding these.
[move][/move]

Cornwad

Quote from: FruitFlow on March 30, 2011, 12:44:52 AM
I was really looking forward to Drizzle team.
You can still use Drizzle, just not if you have anybody with Swift Swim. Drizzle is still great for boosting water, weakening fire, and Dry Skin. And yeah, Deoxys-D/S have never been banned this gen. Hell, neither has even been complained about enough to even be put up for ban. Lugia has been up there for a while though I think. Why did neerb post a link to the ban list though, and then ask for a link to the ban list?

Why would Blissey be banned? Blissey sucks now compared to Chansey.

FruitFlow

Quote from: So_So_Man on March 30, 2011, 01:46:57 PM
They were never banned in Gen 5.

Quote from: Cornwad on March 30, 2011, 03:26:48 PM
You can still use Drizzle, just not if you have anybody with Swift Swim. Drizzle is still great for boosting water, weakening fire, and Dry Skin.
Alright. That's cool.
I just tested Solar Power Charizard under Drought and it's a freaking beast.

Neerb

Quote from: Cornwad on March 30, 2011, 03:26:48 PM
Why did neerb post a link to the ban list though, and then ask for a link to the ban list?

The link I was asking for was for whatever thread contained the "Lugia may be unbanned" speculation, which I have yet to receive. You have absolutely no idea how overcome with joy I would be if I could use Lugia (although, then EVERYONE might start using him), but the whole concept of unbanning one of the series greatest walls sounds too preposterous to even be discussed seriously at Smogon, let alone actually happen.