News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

I Wanna Be The Guy

Started by SkyMyl, September 23, 2009, 10:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyMyl

Ah, yes. I Wanna Be The Guy. A game created specifically as a form of torture, with nothing easy about it. A lot of cheap ass traps await you on your journey to be the guy, such as flying spikes, applescherries falling up, Ryu, an immobile sword, the moon (Numerous times), shifting platforms, and warp zones, to name a few. Don't forget, you die in one hit. From everything. Sounds evil, doesn't it? It doesn't sound evil enough.

Let's not forget the bosses! Twelve times larger than you, the bosses are essentially the stage you just traveled through in boss form. In comparison, the bosses are actually easier than the stage you traveled through to fight them! Slightly.

For added fun, there are only four difficulty settings, (Medium, Hard, Very Hard, and Impossible.) with no difference in difficulty at all, only a difference in Save Points. And Impossible is exactly what you think it is: A mode without any Save Points whatsoever, meaning if you die once, Game Over, start from the beginning. That hasn't stopped a few people from actually beating the game on Impossible, though.

Anyway, the above was just a quick little rundown for those who haven't heard of the game before. Point is, has anyone here played this game and successfully become the guy? (I haven't, actually)

Jono2

I made it to dracula, but couldn't beat him.  I then found a gamesave on the official forums that was saved just after dracula.  I progressed to Mother Brain, but couldnt beat that either. :\

The game is a ninny.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

StarWindWizard7

What an annoying voice...
I wonder what games he were playing... though.

Doodle

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on September 23, 2009, 11:21:04 AM
...he was playing I Wanna Be The Guy.
YEAH

SkyMyl

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on September 23, 2009, 11:21:04 AM
What an annoying voice...
For the record, the person in the first video is UltraJMan, and the person in the second is cloud8745.

Y'know, in case anyone was wondering.

Lotos

I got passed Tyson.  I'm stuck now.

Custom

Kind of like 4 years late bro.

I stopped playing about a few months ago when I got to Bowser. I beat Dracula, Mike Tyson, and Birdo.

Back in the day I couldn't get very many screens into it though.

Also, didn't we all play this in IRC together hella long ago? I remember us doing that.

[spoiler]lol jono u suck learn 2 casltevania[/spoiler]

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Jono2

i killed him once iirc but then got ganked by one of the remaining flying balls.

I've never played a castlevania game.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

SkyMyl

*Intentionally posted this on Power On so it could get moved*

Quote from: Jono2 on September 23, 2009, 03:39:32 PM
I've never played a castlevania game.
...what.

Quote from: カスタムロボ13 on September 23, 2009, 03:35:07 PM
Kind of like 4 years late bro.
Maybe that's the point.

Gamree

Wow, second time someone's posted a topic about this game (didn't wiiboychris post a topic on this before), but it deserves the attention.    And bow your heads, people, for I am The Guy!  *trumpets flare*  :D

Not to say that it wasn't without its heartaches, headaches, and severe pains.  Motherbrain raped me for three months straight, Bowser, Wart, and Wiley caused me much pain (well, at least Wiley did...) because my game crashed on me after the first time I beat them successfully, and the Ghosts and Goblins (Ghouls & Ghosts?) level gave me depression.

Oh yeah, and then it took me 500+ tries to finally beat The Guy for the first time.  And then my comp decided to crash a few seconds into the ending credits, making the win void.  I don't care who you were, if anyone had been in that room with me when that happened, I would have snapped their body in half, shoved the upper body up their own behind, and then smashed their bloody corpse with a rusty metal pole until they were nothing but an bloody pile of guts and gore, and even then I would keep beating their broken and hopefully dead body.

So, instead, I had to resort to yelling bloody murder + every cuss, curse, and swear word I knew, and stop playing the game for a few days to cool off.

But overall, it was a very fun game, I thought, and very much worth the experience. ;D

>.>
<.<
...And also, before he notices I posted it here...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDdsnxPIJpA&feature=channel_page
...The best IWBtG vid to date...
<.>

NiMa74

I'm at The Guy.

And I have been for about 4 months.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Gamree

Quote from: Beans on September 23, 2009, 06:48:38 PM
I'm at The Guy.

And I have been for about 4 months.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

I feel your pain...  :(

darkmario

I just got past the part after the evil Link. Which is after mike tyson.
I just started playing last week after watching Cloud's walkthrough.

Silverhawk79

I downloaded it and never installed it. >_>;

Allegretto

I could never get past the Tetris part in that game. I just could not make the jump and i'm not sure why.

However Magnum is very good at that game, and i'm glad users in the forum have played it. It is very fun. :)