News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Pokemon X and Y confirmed

Started by The Riddler, January 08, 2013, 04:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

Holy crap, time has flown on by. Seems like just yesterday we were hating on B/W starters.

Anyway, at first glance, I hated every single look of all of these things, but they're all growing on me quickly.

Anyway, from these pictures and video, it seems like they may be doing what I said they probably need to do in order to make a good 3D Battling game. And by that I mean custom animations for each attack, rather than generic tail flip for Double Kick.

And 4 directional movement? Big deal. They're taking a step forward. Be happy it's 3D Looking. Maybe Z version will have 8, or maybe it will take until the next generation, Beta and Gamma (3rd Version Omega). But Game Freak is evolving.

And because these legendaries are based off of X and Y, I hope their names START with those letters.

Anyway, predictions:
Chespin: Grass/Ground.
Looks like a Beaver or a Gopher, and since it can't be Water, I'm guessing Ground. Though Fighting would be cooler, especially since we had a Grass/Ground before.

Fennekin: Fire/Fighting
Psychic is a good guess based on it's attack, but I still think pure Fire. I'd love to be wrong though.

Froakie: Water/Fighting
I wanna say Water/Ice, I really do, but last time we were given a freaking snowman, and it turned out being pure Water. So I would not guess Ice. But it does deal a fighting-like move on Patrat on the video, and it has a fighter like stance. So my guess is this.

Pokémon X: Grass/Psychic? (It's in a forest)
Looks like Stantler evolved again. They sure do like Deer.

Pokémon Y: Psychic/Dragon or Psychic/Fly
This one looks like Groudon evolved. Loving the look though
[move][/move]
Dude .

Zero

I'm hoping that it isn't a Fire/Psychic type, to be perfectly honest. That typing is very, very bad.

SkyMyl

People seem to be assuming that the starters are Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Fighting, from the 20 seconds of footage we've seen.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Z on January 08, 2013, 01:34:53 PM
I'm hoping that it isn't a Fire/Psychic type, to be perfectly honest. That typing is very, very bad.
Okay, let's assume Fennekin can change that thought if it does end up being a very good one.

Custom

Quote from: The Riddler on January 08, 2013, 05:18:43 AM
theory on starters:

Grass - Grass/Fighting - Reminds me of Oshawott and although it wasn't using a fighting move on Golurk since Golurk is a ghost type, it looked to be a fighting type.

Fire - Fire/Psychic - has a sort of mystical psychic look, and uses what looks like a psychic move on Kirlia.

Water - Water/Ice - Froakie - Frost/Croak(ie), or Water/Electric, based on the move it used.

i hate oshawott
oshawott is poop
intercourse  you
this one is way cooler

if you like htat fire starter you probably get NO PU$$Y

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Custom

Quote from: Nayrman on January 08, 2013, 09:41:03 AM
I don't think it'll be pure reversal, but I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.

Even if it's a grid based on 4 directional movement, the fact that everything is models now will make it far easier to tell depth rather than buildings being only somewhat 3D and everything else being oddly proportioned sprites. Hopefully by the time the game comes out they can implement full motion or at least 8 direction motion, but we'll see.

i'd say either keep it 4 or do full

8 direction in 2012 would be stupid as hell

zephilicious

These starters gave me a better first impression than any since gen 2. and i hate everything.
just saying.

but whatever we all now fennekin will evolve fire/fighting
~~ <3

Custom

also the flying legendary looks okay but hte ground one looks like poop
sostupid STUPID stpiud

Zero

Quote from: DededeCloneChris on January 08, 2013, 02:57:08 PM
Okay, let's assume Fennekin can change that thought if it does end up being a very good one.

It's not so much a thought as it is a cruel reality.

Even Victini is brought to its knees by that same typing, and it is otherwise a very, very good Pokemon.

Custom

i hope they're not fire water and grass

revolutionize pokemon have all new types

he's lava i swear

Zero

Quote from: Custom on January 08, 2013, 07:15:19 PM
i hope they're not fire water and grass

revolutionize pokemon have all new types

he's lava i swear

Wouldn't that just be Fire/Rock though?

Fire/Rock is even worse than Fire/Psychic.

plz no

The Riddler

Legendary names revealed.

Xerneas (Deer thing) and Yveltal (bird thing)

Zero

The Riddler

Yveltal might be an indication that it is indeed based on a Chital like everyone is speculating.

zephilicious

one pokemon you're never going to use in the first place shouldn't determine which version you buy
~~ <3