News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Concerts

Started by RX-78-2, August 06, 2012, 03:46:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RX-78-2

Specifically, rock concerts (in my case, metal), but I'll accept any genre for discussion.

I just got back from the Mayhem Festival (the concert series hosted by Rockstar Energy Drinks). I was with a friend and we were mainly there to see Slayer, Anthrax, and Motörhead, but after learning the complete lineup, I also enjoyed seeing The Devil Wears Prada and As I Lay Dying. Other bands that we saw were Whitechapel (I'd only heard one of their songs before seeing them live, but they were pretty good), Another Burning Body (up-and-coming deathcore band--not my favorite subgenre, but I appreciated and enjoyed them), and a band that I didn't learn the name of that I barely saw (possibly the supposed local band). We were able to get really close to all of the bands, and we must've been less than twenty-five feet away from Slayer and Motörhead. This concert was actually my first time standing in the general admission area--as opposed to being seated in the venue (although the concert was outside and the first half didn't have seating)--and it wasn't bad at all; I always found somewhere with a great view (and I'm only about 5'7") and it wasn't even tiring after about seven hours of standing with only one short break. The fatigue came much later though (hours after the concert), and it stayed for a couple of hours, but it wasn't a big deal.

Before that concert, I saw Iron Maiden, with Alice Cooper opening, early in July. Both put on great shows, but Iron Maiden put on what was probably the most awe-inspiring performance I've ever seen, though Alice cooper probably could've matched it in his own way had he had enough time.

Early in June, I was at yet another concert, though not metal this time. Regardless, I still saw one of my favorite bands, Grace Potter and the Nocturnals. I was surprised that they were the opener, as I'd never heard of the main act, but getting Grace and her band to open for them was well deserved, as they were just as good of a band and put on an amazing show. That band was JJ Grey and MOFRO. They play soulful, bluesy, southern rock. I was lucky enough to be in what was pretty much the third row of people standing (it was an outdoor venue, in a park). Bonus points for that concert being free, too.

So far, those were my concerts this summer. At each, I saw at least one of my favorite bands, and I'd seriously never felt better in my life just standing there in awe watching my heroes perform.

What concerts have you guys been to? Are planning on going to any?
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

zephilicious

went to two EDM festivals this summer. starscape in june with big names like wolfgang gartner and flux pavilion, and a local festival a couple weeks ago.

it was fun but i needed more drugs

also my taste is better than your taste. except iron maiden hes a cool dude
~~ <3

Zero

Quote from: zephilicious on August 06, 2012, 03:04:39 PM
big names like wolfgang gartner and flux pavilion

also my taste is better than your taste. except iron maiden hes a cool dude

oh god this is rich

zephilicious

hey look at that you called me out on my most blatant post in years

you win this round
~~ <3

RX-78-2

I was going to say that EDM is okay from what little I've listened to, but then I too suspected pseudo-trolling what with the last two sentences, not that it's a big deal.

Have fun with your drugs, though. You're going to need them to enjoy anything if you don't like metal. ;) If you still can't tell, I'm joking.

zephilicious

EDM is fantastic but thats beside the point
~~ <3

zephilicious

Oh and I'm going to another local festival this weekend. Mostly hardcore/screamo poop this time. so yeah there's eclectic for you.
~~ <3

RX-78-2

Uh, I'd call that the opposite of eclectic, but I enjoy those genres anyway. Have fun.

Silverhawk79

I've been to way more concerts than I can remember.
I just saw Alabama Shakes/Garbage/fun./Silversun Pickups the other day.
Seeing Primus, Swans/Xiu Xiu, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Cursive soon.

zephilicious

theres only one good band in that list
~~ <3

ThePowerOfOne

This year I haven't been to many. Cher Lloyd, Puddle of Mudd, Joan Jett & The Blackhearts and Paul Rodgers, Foghat, Azealia Banks, Robyn and Florence and the Machine are the ones I can remember.
I've been to multiple Madonna concerts, from the Re-Invention Tour to Sticky & Sweet. I've got tickets to The MDNA Tour in LA in october too.

Also seen Kylie Minogue, P!nk, Björk, Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, E-40, Oh Land, Shakira, Dev, Guns n' Roses, Peaches, Scissor Sisters, Alice Cooper, Paramore, Prince, Evanescence and a ton of others I don't feel like listing.

Custom

I've seen Silversun Pickups, Against Me!, Foo Fighters, Bloc Party, Franz Ferdinand, Little Dragon, fun., My Chemical Romance, August Burns Red, I Set My Friends on Fire, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Big Chocolate, A Day to Remember, Miss May I, Dance Gavin Dance, Skrillex (music is eh, light show is 10/10), Dir en Grey, and some other cool bands. (Zeph will love this post)

I'm seeing Pierce the Veil with a ton of bands soon. (Their new album was dope, you can leave your nonsense at the door.)

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

CoasterKid93

I've seen Paul McCartney numerous times, Metallica, Skrillex, Zola Jesus, Justice, Yachts, Rebelution, Slayer, Anthrax, Megadeth, August Burns Red, A Day to Remember, The Word Alive, I Set My Friends on Fire, Big Chocolate, Dance Gavin Dance, Of Mice & Men, Lamb of God, Sonic Youth, Testament, Iron Maiden, Dream Theater, Foo Fighters, Explosions in the Sky, Bloc Party, Mimosa, Reggie Watts, Beck, Winds of Plague, Girl Talk, and The Sword.

I'm seeing Dethklok, Machine Head, All That Remains, and The Black Dahlia Murder this Friday. Shit's going to rock.
Quote from: whatwewishfor on March 14, 2014, 09:35:19 AM
DINAH I EAT DINAH EVERY NIGHT LAST NIGHT I HAD PIZZA HAHAHAHAH

Flying Chickens

I've seen too many bands to be bothered to count them all out (I go to a lot of festivals), but my favourite concert hands-down would have to be Sonic Boom festival 2010. It was just awesome.
QotSA was also awesome, too.
I also love Folk Festivals. They're just stellar.

OH and Bon Iver. Just intercourse ing nailed it.

RX-78-2

Quote from: CoasterKid93 on October 30, 2012, 03:27:36 PM
I'm seeing Dethklok, Machine Head, All That Remains, and The Black Dahlia Murder this Friday. Shit's going to rock.
I'm trying to see them too. TBDM is one of my top favorite metal bands, All That Remains has been a favorite for a long time, I just started (finally) getting into Machine Head (who are good), and Dethklok is Dethklok.

In other words, yes it'll be awesome.

Since I'm on my excellently long winter break, I'm also trying to see Streetlight Manifesto on November 25 and The Birthday Massacre (with some other goth/industrial bands) on December 1. If I have the money, I'm also going to try seeing Cannibal Corpse, Misery Index, and Hour of Penance (November 30) and Eluveitie, Wintersun, and Varg (December 20).

There's also a chance that my friends and I might go see The Bouncing Souls sometime just after Christmas.