News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Childhood PC games.

Started by Tupin, August 27, 2013, 07:53:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

All I pretty much played was Humongous point and click adventure games like Spy Fox, Putt Putt, and Pajama Sam. I think I remember playing Chex Quest once or twice too.

But seriously, I'm kind of surprised that even after they went under, no one bought the rights to these series. I think Pajama Sam got one game from Infogrames and then he just went nowhere.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

whatwewishfor

something bear
freddy the fish
tycoon games
whatever

Custom

i play chip's challenge
uhh
solitare
that one skiing game that was hard
virutal-on
sonic 3
uhh
putt putt the car or whatever

those are the games i played as a kid

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

zephilicious

When I was like 5 or 6 we had a monochrome IBM Pc with a shoebox full of game on bootable floppies. The only ones I remember were donkey kong, lode runner, and some space invaders clone set on the ocean in world war 2 or something. I'm pretty sure it was awesome, but I've spent the last decade trying to figure out what it was and I can never find it.

Then when I was 8 we got a real PC with the original Sim City and a bunch of educational games but the only one I liked was Math Blaster.
~~ <3

Tupin

Ah, 80s PC games. There's something really fun about those really simple booter games.

whatwewishfor

Quote from: zephilicious on August 27, 2013, 05:09:50 PM
When I was like 5 or 6 we had a monochrome IBM Pc with a shoebox full of game on bootable floppies. The only ones I remember were donkey kong, lode runner, and some space invaders clone set on the ocean in world war 2 or something. I'm pretty sure it was awesome, but I've spent the last decade trying to figure out what it was and I can never find it.

Then when I was 8 we got a real PC with the original Sim City and a bunch of educational games but the only one I liked was Math Blaster.
is math blaster the one with the green alien
whatever

Tupin

Quote from: goldfishchan~~ on August 28, 2013, 07:58:54 AM
is math blaster the one with the green alien
yeah man

but I really remember Spelling Jungle

Matt

One of my favorites that I used to play.

Zero

Chip's Challenge and some of the early Mech games. I honestly don't remember the mech games well at all, but they were awesome.

Also Doom. Boy did my parents hate Doom.

Viewtifulboy

Custom

Quote from: Zero on September 02, 2013, 08:16:50 AM
Chip's Challenge and some of the early Mech games. I honestly don't remember the mech games well at all, but they were awesome.

Also Doom. Boy did my parents hate Doom.
chips challenge was the poop

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Zero

Quote from: Custom on February 27, 2014, 10:05:36 AM
chips challenge was the poop

it really was

I played the crap out of this other game a lot and I don't really remember it well. The main character was blonde, I think, and it was kind of an adventure game. I remember collecting items. The early worlds were very green. I only got to play it on school computers in elementary school, but I remember it being fun.

I just can't for the life of me remember anything else about the game. People in the past have tried to tell me the only game that fits the description is Duke Nukem 1 on DOS and I never played that game. Doesn't ring any bells and I don't remember it when I look at videos.

Tupin

Quote from: Zero on February 27, 2014, 10:44:05 AM
it really was

I played the crap out of this other game a lot and I don't really remember it well. The main character was blonde, I think, and it was kind of an adventure game. I remember collecting items. The early worlds were very green. I only got to play it on school computers in elementary school, but I remember it being fun.

I just can't for the life of me remember anything else about the game. People in the past have tried to tell me the only game that fits the description is Duke Nukem 1 on DOS and I never played that game. Doesn't ring any bells and I don't remember it when I look at videos.
Is it Commander Keen?

Zero

Nah. No way. I played those games.

Flying Chickens

Anyone else play Deadly Tide? It was a rail shooter where you fought underwater aliens. Loved it so much.