News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Jobs

Started by Dog Food, September 13, 2010, 02:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnum

I might be getting my job back starting next week, or within the next few weeks.  I'll work as a busser again and I will be paid $5.00 an hour. (minimum wage is $7.75. Gotta love how they use tips against you)

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Custom

i work here silver mails me money

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

arachnid

I might start working at papa murphies, one of the few places that I haven't heard anny complaints about.
l   l              l   l                                       l    l            l    l
                                                              \   i             i   /
                                                               \\ \          /  //
                                                                \\  \ [  ] /  //
                                                                   \\[{ }]//
                                                               //--{[[ ]]}--\\
                                                             //  //  [{}] \\  \\
                                                            //  // {{[]}} \\  \\
                                                           //  // ({[[0]]}) \\ \\
                                                           ii   ll (({{0}}))  ll  ii
                                                           ii   ll  \({{}})/  ll  ii
                                                            l   l    \({})/     l   l
                                                                      \---/

Level_9_Chao

I'm applying to Toys R Us and Hot Topic for my 2 month winter break.

Favorite job ever was working at a Boy Scout camp in middle-of-nowhere Wisconsin. You live at it, free food, weekly staff trips to the closest town a half hour away, which has a retro game store... Pretty nice.
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

BOREDFOREVER

Quote from: arachnid on November 13, 2010, 12:38:57 PM
I might start working at papa murphies, one of the few places that I haven't heard anny complaints about.

That doesn't sound too bad.

I dunno.  I have a fulltime job, but I'm thinking about applying to do some seasonal weekend work at GameStop.  It couldn't be that bad, right?  RIGHT?

Zero

I've never worked at Gamestop.

I have, however, worked at a Play N Trade. Loved the intercourse ing job. I'd work there now if the one in town was doing better. I was "let go" because we weren't doing all that well. The 56 Gamestops that are in town steal most of the business.

Honestly if the PnT had a more reliable Day 1 stock, they might do better. When I worked there we seldom got the cases of games in before the release date. Usually we got them a day or two after, and no customer that shops on day 1 likes that. We'd always get guys coming in, asking for a new release on the day of release only to tell them they came to the store for nothing. We were told to try recommending something else. Not all PnT's are like this from what I'm told, but ours just had that problem.

Currently unemployed. Sucks ass. I apply at a different place every day, and only 5% of the places have the decency respond back with an email or letter politely telling me that they cannot or will not hire me. My county's job market is like number 3 or something of the worst job markets in america list. We were the worst one year, I think. Southwest Florida fails, what can I say?

BOREDFOREVER

I feel your pain.  I was applying for 15-20 jobs a week over the summer trying to get something to happen.  Callbacks where rare. My father in law is going through the same ordeal.

It blows, and I feel for you.

Kayo

It's next to impossible to get a job where I am unless you're 18, and even though many places say they'll hire at 16, they really don't. So I have never had a job. But this summer (maybe) I'll apply for a part-time job at like Dunkin Donuts or something. Anywhere but McDonalds, where I absolutely refuse to work at.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Dog Food

Quote from: Kianglo on November 15, 2010, 01:05:22 PM
It's next to impossible to get a job where I am unless you're 18, and even though many places say they'll hire at 16, they really don't. So I have never had a job. But this summer (maybe) I'll apply for a part-time job at like Dunkin Donuts or something. Anywhere but McDonalds, where I absolutely refuse to work at.
The way I see it is you should never pass up an opportunity. Don't think you're too good for a job, and never pass anything up. Money is money, experience is experience, and in the end having that job will open up doors to better places. That's just the way I think.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Kayo

Quote from: KJ on November 15, 2010, 01:46:57 PM
The way I see it is you should never pass up an opportunity. Don't think you're too good for a job, and never pass anything up. Money is money, experience is experience, and in the end having that job will open up doors to better places. That's just the way I think.
But I'd gain 20 pounds just looking at the food. ;_;

Actually, it's simple. I'll be at work at McDonalds. I'll be hungry. So I'll eat McDonalds food. Repeat every day.

I actually don't HATE McDonalds food, really. Not all of it at least. Sure in the back of my mind I know that i'm eating pure fat and grease and salt, but a few things on their menu are pretty good.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Doodle

I don't have a job. Parents wanted me to get one last summer, but eh. I haven't even started drivers' training.
Maybe I'll get one this summer. I could use the extra money. A lot of places are walking/biking distance from here.
YEAH