News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Oblivion

Started by …, January 07, 2008, 11:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I was thinking about getting this game. But I was wondering what your thoughts on this game are. Is it a lot of fun?
...̅̅̅

CidHighwind89

Its a great game I think.  But I donno you kinda need to like Rpgs and the sort to really enjoy it a lot and dig in.  But beware, It can be a huge time sink.

WhiteKnightWolf

Okay first of all I'm going to ask, what are you getting it for?  Because Oblivion for the PC rules any console versions ass, and hard.   Oblivion is many times more fun with the addons and mods you can download completely free.  It's kind of hard on a poor graphics card but if you set it low it should do fine.

But anyway, Oblivion is a very fun RPG no matter what you get it for.  Character customization is absolutely stunning.  The vastness of this game is also astounding; it takes forever just to finish the main quest, and there are literally thousands of other quests you can do.   Or you don't have to do any of them at all, not even the main quest.  You can have loads of fun just dungeon raiding or leveling up your character.  The fighting system is also first rate, very very nice.  Class system and spell system are both top-notch.

If it's a storyline you are looking for, well, this isn't the game for you.   You make your own storyline here.  The main quest is kind of, drug out and boring for me. 

Overall, this is one of the best RPG I have ever played.  Definitely worth it.

I'm getting it for the 360 because I have a sucky computer. :(

And I have Morrowind so I know that's probably how the game is, I was just wondering if it was interesting and had fun stuff to do in it.
...̅̅̅

WhiteKnightWolf

Quote from: LiveOnTheEdge on January 07, 2008, 11:35:37 AM

And I have Morrowind so I know that's probably how the game is, I was just wondering if it was interesting and had fun stuff to do in it.
That's too bad. :(  I could recommend a lot of very nice mods for Oblivion if you got it for the PC.

Although Morrowind is a little different.  They say the combat system is much improved in Oblivion, and some say that Morrowind seemed much more epic.  I don't know, I never played Morrowind.  All I know is I love Oblivion.

Quote from: WhiteKnightWolf on January 07, 2008, 11:42:37 AM
Quote from: LiveOnTheEdge on January 07, 2008, 11:35:37 AM

That's too bad. :(  I could recommend a lot of very nice mods for Oblivion if you got it for the PC.

Although Morrowind is a little different.  They say the combat system is much improved in Oblivion, and some say that Morrowind seemed much more epic.  I don't know, I never played Morrowind.  All I know is I love Oblivion.
Yeah I know, I wish I could get it for the PC. But thanks for replying.
...̅̅̅

Jono2

there's a mod for it called lowblivion (or something like that) which allows it to run on slower computers.

it's worth getting just to be able to fly around by turning off collision detectors. :P

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Quote from: Jono2 on January 07, 2008, 03:40:30 PM
there's a mod for it called lowblivion (or something like that) which allows it to run on slower computers.

it's worth getting just to be able to fly around by turning off collision detectors. :P
Yeah but I don't even have a video card installed on it. :(
...̅̅̅