News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Games that would work on other consoles

Started by DededeCloneChris, April 23, 2011, 12:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FruitFlow

Pokemon is far better suited sticking with its turn-based mechanisms.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Are you idiots guys talking about a Pokemon MMORPG?

I'm honestly asking. I just skimmed that first page.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on May 15, 2011, 06:06:51 PM
Also, this is why I don't like PMD.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Kayo on May 15, 2011, 06:22:03 PM
I've never touched nor seen any gameplay on those titles.
It just looks plain and boring.

Neerb

Quote from: Kayo on May 15, 2011, 06:22:03 PM

Technically, PMD IS turn-based. And it sucks for entirely different reasons than "whether or not it's turn-based."

FruitFlow

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: FruitFlow on May 15, 2011, 07:06:14 PM
What's the story like?
A human is turned into a Pokemon and gets transported to the Pokemon world (?) where he/she makes a rescue team with the partner that finds him/her. The human/Pokemon tries to find the meaning behind his/her transformation while slowly unraveling the mysteries of the world in the process. Both stories are a bit cheesy but it at least makes all Pokemon talk English.

Oh, and if you use a bit of logic, the seemingly-childish stories can quickly turn into your nightmares.

FruitFlow

Neerb

Quote from: FruitFlow on May 15, 2011, 07:36:36 PM
Wow. Sounds boring then.

Your rival Gengar tries to literally drag your soul to hell. The story is the best part of the game, and I wish more pokemon games had such awesome stories.

Bearissoslow

PMD1 was horrendous. PMD2 was better, albeit the story still had lumps. It's still a far more passing game than 1 was.

Tahrann

Quote from: FruitFlow on May 15, 2011, 06:06:51 PM

I dunno, I think they were moving in the right direction with Pokemon Wind-up (or whatever that game was called for the Wii), but didn't play it out all the way. It should be a combination of their normal games (such as leveling, capturing, etc) and add the ability to move your pokemon around in an arena type style (make it more like the show in that aspect).
Puts the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose again!

RX-78-2

Quote from: Zero on May 15, 2011, 05:46:35 AM
It's foolish to believe that a Pokemon MMORPG would not be drastically different from the handheld games. Sure it could be done, but ultimately wouldn't be what most of us enjoy out of the Pokemon games to begin with.
It would be drastically different, but at the same time, I think it could still work for the better. It's just that real players take the place of the Trainers in the handheld games. I think that that'd be the biggest and possibly only difference with the MMO. Kind of like how the players in Animal Crossing can visit each other's towns. That's just what it'd be like, except on a larger scale--player and area-wise.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

RX-78-2

Quote from: Tahrann on May 19, 2011, 02:38:45 AM
I dunno, I think they were moving in the right direction with Pokemon Wind-up (or whatever that game was called for the Wii), but didn't play it out all the way. It should be a combination of their normal games (such as leveling, capturing, etc) and add the ability to move your pokemon around in an arena type style (make it more like the show in that aspect).
Are you talking about Pokémon Rumble? I've never played it, but I see what you're saying. I've thought about what a Pokémon game would be like that. I think it'd be fun.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************