News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

An Inside Job - A Pokemon Roleplay

Started by FearItself, September 24, 2007, 11:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FENRIS_WOLF

IC://
Fen was sitting under the tree, playing with his new shiny horsea.  He was completely ignorant of the battles around him.
"You know, horsea, you could really use a nickname," Fen said, "I don't have any idea of what to call you though."
Hor, hor-SEEEEAA! The horsea giggled.
Fen thought to himself, Well, he sure is full of life. Perhaps I can find a name that has to do with that. An idea automatically came to him after thinking this. Selesnya. The ancient ravnican god of life.
"Horsea, would you like to be called Selesnya?" Horsea quickly nodded in agreement. "Alright then!" Fen joyfully said, "I'll call you Selesnya from now on.  I think we should meet some of the other trainers, don't you?" 
hor-SEEEAAAA, Selesnya agreed.
"Sadly it seems as if everybody has left. Maybe we can catch up with someone."

FearItself

Ooc// Gahh... -eyes burn- ... What the heck happened here?
I had encouraged Marluxia joining, but I don't think he's literate enough for this.
Please, remember, use capitalization, punctuation, and grammar to the best of your ability.
Also, surround your character's speech with quotes, and italicize thoughts.
And always, ALWAYS differenciate between OOC and IC!

I'd have to agree with Joeofmars, this roleplay has sort of gotten out of hand.
I appreciate that some of you actually considered the fact that I would be missing a lot, I respect you for thinking of me.
Marluxia, you never actually joined, and you hardly post enough to really consider yourself a roleplayer. You post one-liners, which is annoying and repetitive, and your battling isn't really realistic.
You can't say that your attacks hit the opposing Pokemon, you can just say that your Pokemon aimed the attack at them. It's your opponent's choice on whether or not the attack hits. Making an attack hit another character's Pokemon without them having a chance to dodge is called PowerPlaying. Controlling how the other character's Pokemon reacts to that is considered Godmodding.

Avion-Finch

Quote from: FearItself on September 28, 2007, 08:11:58 PM
I had encouraged Marluxia joining, but I don't think he's literate enough for this.
Please, remember, use capitalization, punctuation, and grammar to the best of your ability.

I appreciate that some of you actually considered the fact that I would be missing a lot, I respect you for thinking of me.
Marluxia, you never actually joined, and you hardly post enough to really consider yourself a roleplayer. You post one-liners, which is annoying and repetitive, and your battling isn't really realistic.
You can't say that your attacks hit the opposing Pokemon, you can just say that your Pokemon aimed the attack at them. It's your opponent's choice on whether or not the attack hits. Making an attack hit another character's Pokemon without them having a chance to dodge is called PowerPlaying. Controlling how the other character's Pokemon reacts to that is considered Godmodding.

Ooc// whats also odd is, when he came, the amount of posts more then tripled, earlier today we where only at page 8, and now......man...

Brawl FC 1504-5840-0611 name Avion, mains below(as of now)

FENRIS_WOLF

Quote from: FearItself on September 28, 2007, 08:11:58 PM

Agreed.  And not  being able to play when everyone else is is called I'm-super-extremely-unlucky-and-I'm-never-going-to-get-anywhere-in-this-story

FearItself

Ooc// xPP
You can roleplay with me now if you want. xD

Avion-Finch

ooc//me too :P

Ic//
"man, I need to train Sapphire a little if I want to stand a chance at the gym..." siad Avion.

FENRIS_WOLF

Sadly, I'm going to go watch avatar now. :p T_T

FearItself

Ic// Finally, it seemed as though Jubilife was only a step away. In reality, it was almost just that.

Soon, she took her first step into the large, intricate city, putting her hands on her hips and taking in the scent of city air, something she wasn't too familiar with. Shaelyn didn't particularly like how the scent smelled, it had pollution and all that nasty stuff in it, but it would be a smell she would most likely have to get used to.

Now.. Which way should I go if I want something that can help me battle the first gym? Shaelyn wondered to herself. I guess I could go with a grass-type... Or a water-type... Or maybe even a ground-type. I bet a grass-type would be more common, so I'll head north. she decided.

FearItself

Ooc// I missed the episode because I had to play with my school's band at a home football game. T____T I've watched it on Youtube several times, though. xDDD

Avion-Finch

"Man, this city kinda reminds me of a much cleaner Pyrite....." said Avion as he walked into the city.

"I wonder if there are any good places to train here" he thought aloud.

FearItself

Hearing the last comment Avion made, Shaelyn stopped, looking back to him.

"I'm going North of Jubilife if you want to come with me. There are some young grass-types there, I think. Maybe you can train your Pokemon there." Shaelyn suggested, turning back around after she gave the suggestion. Without looking to see whether or not Avion was following her, she walked onward, then turning only a little to address the rest of the group. "If anyone else wants to come north of Jubilife with me and possibly Avion, you're welcome to tag along." Shaelyn said with a slight grin.

Avion-Finch

"Hmm, gimme a sec" said Avion as he checked Sapphire's stats

"Ah, so she knows wing attack, thats good, Ok, I'll come with then" said Avion happily.

FearItself

The grin sustained itself on Shaelyn's features, hearing Avion accept her request to come with her. She turned a little to see the rest of the group, looking from them to Avion, and then back over her shoulder to the rest of them. "If anyone else wants to follow us, go ahead. But we won't wait for you." she remarked, giving a slight laugh and then turning around to her frontal position finally. She ran her hand along Stantler's Pokeball, again remembering what she was obliged to do when she got here.

"Crud.." Shaelyn murmured out loud as the memory came back to her. "Avion, I'll be right back. You can go on ahead into the tall grass, I have to go to the Pokemon Center. I won't be gone long." Shaelyn explained, though not expecting Avion to care much. She walked away, giving him a slight nod and wave in conformation and heading just a little but south in Jubilife City towards the Pokemon Center.

Avion-Finch

"OK, I'll be waiting for you" said Avion as he walked north, on the way there he was suddenly reminded about his old pokemon he used in Orre that have been stored away.

"Man, I wonder how they're all doing.....I might just take them out some day....just to get them some air.....Why am I talking to myself?, ah whatever"

FearItself

Shaelyn made her way quickly into the Pokemon Center, disregarding any trainers that may be waiting for service. If she waited with them, she would be keeping someone else waiting also, and she didn't want to do that. She felt eyes on her as she made her way to the desk right away, unhooking her Stantler's pokeball with one hand and placing it in front of Nurse Joy.

"Please... Can you heal him quick?" Shaelyn asked, receiving a quick and slightly nervous nod from Nurse Joy.

The Pokeball was run through a machine, which flashed a few times and made a few beeping noises. Almost in a sort of telepathic connection, Shaelyn felt so much better once the Pokeball was taken off of the machine, and she was sure Stantler was feeling great as well.

"Thanks." Shaelyn replied taking the Pokeball and darting out of the Pokemon Center. Fairly soon, she reached the Northern edge of Jubilife, seeing Avion not too far off. Shaelyn quickened her pace, slowing down to a constant walk as she approached Avion.

"Have you seen anything yet?" she asked him, looking around in the tall grass, even though it was hard to see through such thick vegetation. "I have my eyes set on a Budew, hopefully I can find one here."

Ooc// Gotta go. >_<