News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Lollipop Chainsaw

Started by RX-78-2, August 06, 2012, 02:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RX-78-2

Love it or hate it, it happened--and it's getting all kinds of reactions from all kinds of people. (Well, luckily, it mostly gets positive reviews.) In their criticisms, reviewers have targeted the "holes" in the gameplay, the wonky camera, and the "B-movie" plot. I actually haven't read anything that really criticizes the humor (a major aesthetic of the game), so that's a plus.

To be perfectly honest, I love this game and I have an unhealthy obsession with its protagonist. To be fair, even if the main character was a guy (and therefore not attractive to me), the game would still appeal to me. However, the zombie-killing, lollipop-sucking, cheerleader is very much attractive and female. That, together with the (in my opinion, very passable--if not great) gameplay, amazing soundtrack (both the composed and licensed songs), excellent graphics (stylized or otherwise), awesome themes (e.g. rock music genres, lollipops, zombies), very good extras, crazy story, and hilarious writing (in the dialogue and extras--courtesy of the very cool James Gunn), Lollipop Chainsaw truly has everything I've ever wanted in a game. The only major thing arguably missing is a multiplayer mode, but with everything else in the game, it's not an issue.

If it wasn't apparent enough, I highly recommend this game for several reasons. It's pretty much my new favorite game of all time, especially concerning singleplayer games. Even if the gameplay isn't perfect, the fact still stands that I just haven't had nearly as much fun playing any other game.

So, what do you think?

EDIT: I think I forgot to mention that this is a prime example of a cult game. It already has a devoted following (if the cosplays are any indication) and I really think it'll be hit with certain people.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Tupin

It looks good, but not $60 good. Just like Shadows of the Damned, I'll wait until it drops in price. 

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

RX-78-2

Admittedly, I only had to pay for a little more than half of the game, but I was fully prepared to pay full price before my brother offered to pay for part of it. In other words, rent it for now...?
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Custom

I liked it but it only took me an afternoon to beat, haha.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Flying Chickens

It looks fun, but I don't have the bones to drop on it. Also, protagonist is modeled after Jessica Nigri. Which is awesome, because she is a babe.