News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Getting Black, White, or both?

Started by DededeCloneChris, February 14, 2011, 04:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you going to buy the game or both versions?

Hell No. Too many Pokemon.
0 (0%)
Yes, but maybe later
2 (20%)
Yes, during the release day.
8 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 10

DededeCloneChris

So yes, who's getting the new versions? I'm getting White for some specific reasons, but I'll wait to buy Black later. Hope I can trade Pokemon with somebody in this place. ;)

Neerb

I'd like to get White due to certain exclusives, but both of my irl pokefan friends are getting it, so I'll probably get Black to take one for the team. It's not all bad, though, since I like Reshiram better than Zekrom and Gothitelle better than Reuniclus.

This, of course, is if I even get the game. I'll PROBABLY be able to get it day of release, and I definitely want to, but there's still the slight chance that I won't be able to get it that early. I REEAAALLLYYY want Victini, though, so if I don't get the game soon, I might miss my chance.

ThePowerOfOne

I haven't decided since I don't really know what the differences are between the games, but I do like the white legendary more (that is, the white colored one, not White Version one).

Custom

I'm getting both but I'm going to play White first because the white colored legendary has a huge furry penis that I don't want to look at.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Neerb

Black Version:
-The final gym city is high tech and has an old man named Drayden as the gym leader.
-Black City, a high tech city with tons of tough trainers to battle.
-Pokemon include: Beedrill family, Honchcrow family, Houndoom family, Breloom family, Plusle, Volbeat, Whimsicott family, Gothitelle family, Mandibuzz family, Tornadus, Reshiram
[spoiler]N, the final boss of Team Plasma, has Zekrom on his team.[/spoiler]

White Version:
-The final gym city is ancient ruins and has Iris (main girl from newest season of the anime) as the gym leader.
-White Forest, a forest with tons of exclusive pokemon to catch (the lower forms of the pokemon that Black City's trainers have). All of these are old pokemon.
-Pokemon include (not counting the ones from White Forest): Butterfree family, Parasect family, Mismagius family, Mightyena family, Minun, Illumise, Lilligant family, Reuniclus family, Braviary family, Thundurus, Zekrom
[spoiler]N, the final boss of Team Plasma, has Reshiram on his team.[/spoiler]

Details on Black City and White Forest

Note: even though Whimsicott's family is wild in Black and Lilligant's family is wild in White, they're both available in both games via a girl in the second gym city who will trade one for the other.

dawnwolfNxhoj

Quote from: PuttyChris on February 14, 2011, 04:57:51 PM
So yes, who's getting the new versions? I'm getting White for some specific reasons, but I'll wait to buy Black later. Hope I can trade Pokemon with somebody in this place. ;)
woah, you're getting white as well?
back to the topic, i'll be getting white. from what i've been hearing from most of my sister & friends, they'll be getting black as well
Quote from: Neerb on February 14, 2011, 06:39:44 PM
White Version:
-The final gym city is ancient ruins and has Iris (main girl from newest season of the anime) as the gym leader.
-White Forest, a forest with tons of exclusive pokemon to catch (the lower forms of the pokemon that Black City's trainers have). All of these are old pokemon.
-Pokemon include (not counting the ones from White Forest): Butterfree family, Parasect family, Mismagius family, Mightyena family, Minun, Illumise, Lilligant family, Reuniclus family, Braviary family, Thundurus, Zekrom
[spoiler]N, the final boss of Team Plasma, has Reshiram on his team.[/spoiler]
woot, i didn't even know about that until now, still happy that i reserved White

Note: even though Whimsicott's family is wild in Black and Lilligant's family is wild in White, they're both available in both games via a girl in the second gym city who will trade one for the other.

Kayo

I'm getting black, my sister's getting white. I do like the White exclusives better for the most part, but I wanna get the cottonpuff thing and the pure-flying genie thing (I don't really like the genies but I'd like a pure-flying type.)

Once she finally gets far enough in the game she'll trade me Solosis, Rufflet, and whatever Lilligant's lowest form is called. From there I can breed, and I'm happy. Also Reshiram's cry sounds cool. I wanna hear that when I start the game.

I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

I'm getting White.
My brother's getting Black.

I see no reason to get 2 different versions of the same game with slightly altered content.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

So_So_Man

I'm getting white, but only for the forest.  I prefer the non-forest exclusives that I am familiar with (houndoom, breloom) greatly to their counterparts.

FruitFlow

To be fairly honest I prefer Black City over White Forest, but my bro called dibs on Black Version.
So it would only make sense for me to get White Version rather than having the same versions in the same household.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

I don't care about White Forest Pokémon. A few rounds of the Pokéshifter + breeding will be all I need. Black City has daily high-level battles. Do want, good training.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Crazy high leveled battles>>>>>Wild pokemon you can find with dozens of other methods.

Custom

well see, I'm using white as my main because I've never had a problem with hitting level 100 in a day in any of the other games, and I have trouble finding pokemon. soyeah

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Zero

Getting both.

Probably going to end up playing Black because the missus wants white for the version exclusives.

Dog Food

I'm getting Black, my friend is getting White.

Together we're going to try and complete the game, something I've never had the patience or diligence to do before. It'll be our last hurrah before college.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.