Main Menu

Looking for a PC Desktop

Started by CoasterKid93, October 11, 2011, 04:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoasterKid93

Quote from: whatwewishfor on March 14, 2014, 09:35:19 AM
DINAH I EAT DINAH EVERY NIGHT LAST NIGHT I HAD PIZZA HAHAHAHAH

Silverhawk79

You can probably get it done for like $500 or less. Shop around Newegg and Tigerdirect. Maybe even Amazon.

CoasterKid93

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on October 25, 2011, 09:08:34 AM
You can probably get it done for like $500 or less. Shop around Newegg and Tigerdirect. Maybe even Amazon.

I have 3.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo processor that I got for Christmas one year, but for whatever reason, it wouldn't work with my motherboard. (EVEN THOUGH IT'S THE SAME GODDAMN SOCKET STYLE).

So I have the processor part covered, I just need to find a motherboard that's suitable for my needs.
Quote from: whatwewishfor on March 14, 2014, 09:35:19 AM
DINAH I EAT DINAH EVERY NIGHT LAST NIGHT I HAD PIZZA HAHAHAHAH

Silverhawk79

Quote from: CoasterKid93 on October 25, 2011, 09:18:09 AM

I have 3.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo processor that I got for Christmas one year, but for whatever reason, it wouldn't work with my motherboard. (EVEN THOUGH IT'S THE SAME GODDAMN SOCKET STYLE).

So I have the processor part covered, I just need to find a motherboard that's suitable for my needs.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157173
I assume it's LGA775 socket, but I don't know whether you want microATX or not. If not, there's this one for a tiny bit more: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138157

PsychoYoshi

Quote from: CoasterKid93 on October 25, 2011, 09:18:09 AM

Could be one of 3 things:

a) DOA CPU
b) DOA motherboard (only if you've tried other processors and they also don't work)
c) Motherboard needs a BIOS update before it can support your particular flavor of processor; motherboards keep little identification lists of compatible processors inside their BIOS, so if you have a chip that can technically fit in the socket but came out after the release of the mobo, it might not be on the mobo's internal compatibility list.

There are no Core 2s that run @ 3.4 Ghz by default; if its default clock is 3.33, it could be an E8600. I'd also avoid Biostar boards; they're not as bad as Foxconn's or ECS's, but Asus, ASRock (subsidiary of Asus), or Gigabyte are your best bets.

Better choice for the full ATX board; P45 is a better chipset than the G41, Gigabyte's a better manufacturer, etc. etc.

Silverhawk79

Quote from: IhsoyOhcysp on October 27, 2011, 12:11:30 PM
Could be one of 3 things:

a) DOA CPU
b) DOA motherboard (only if you've tried other processors and they also don't work)
c) Motherboard needs a BIOS update before it can support your particular flavor of processor; motherboards keep little identification lists of compatible processors inside their BIOS, so if you have a chip that can technically fit in the socket but came out after the release of the mobo, it might not be on the mobo's internal compatibility list.

There are no Core 2s that run @ 3.4 Ghz by default; if its default clock is 3.33, it could be an E8600. I'd also avoid Biostar boards; they're not as bad as Foxconn's or ECS's, but Asus, ASRock (subsidiary of Asus), or Gigabyte are your best bets.

Better choice for the full ATX board; P45 is a better chipset than the G41, Gigabyte's a better manufacturer, etc. etc.
Eh, Biostar is mid-tier. They make some pretty decent stuff.

Chris8492

Ok, so I purchased the parts and all in all, I think this computer is going to run pretty well.

I7 2600k sandy bridge

GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 580 3072MB GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 2x DVI-I / mini-HDMI SLI Ready Graphics Card, GV-N580UD-3GI

GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD5 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model KHX1600C9D3K4/16GX

And so on, but I'm planning to overclock the CPU but good thing I got water cooling for the CPU

These are just some of the parts I got, if I name of the rest, the list will be long