News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Wii U Launch Games

Started by Neerb, November 14, 2012, 08:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

Another general thread. Because hey, it's not like we have too many active threads on this forum.

IGN just reviewed their first Wii U game today: Ninja Gaiden 3. They gave it a 7.6, which is more than twice the score of the PS3 and 360 versions (3.0) thanks to the super overhaul this special edition received. They said use the Pro controller for it instead of the GamePad, and they thought the graphics weren't quite as good as the other versions of the game.

Nayrman

So, the other versions get 3's while the new system launch version gets twice the score? Gee, I wonder if someone is fudging the numbers behind the scenes to try and boost launch day sales..... Yes, I'm a massive skeptic.

Although thanks to delays on a lot of games, I guess i"ll only be playing NintendoLand and Mario WiiU for a bit on this.

Zero

Quote from: Nayrman on November 14, 2012, 09:05:59 PM
So, the other versions get 3's while the new system launch version gets twice the score? Gee, I wonder if someone is fudging the numbers behind the scenes to try and boost launch day sales..... Yes, I'm a massive skeptic.

To be fair, Tecmo addressed many complaints with this new version. And I mean many complaints.

I've beaten both previous on the hardest difficulty(you can check my achievements if you want DarkZero EX is my gamertag), so I know Ninja Gaiden in and out. When I played 3 at a friends house I felt as though they forgot what made the games fun in the first place. All the critics are saying the Wii U version fixes hiccups, removes QTE's, removes the parts of the game where you're forced to slowly walk around one shotting enemies, and brought back some of the traits that made Ninja Gaiden fluid in the first place.

For me, the damage is already done and I probably won't get it until it's a bargain.

Neerb

Two more reviews from IGN.

New Super Mario Bros. U gets a 9.1. They say it's amazing and breathes fresh life into the 2D landscape, creating the perfect Mario title for both core and casual.

Nintendo Land receives an 8.7. IGN says it's best-of-show for Wii U's launch (though not score-wise, given that Mario review), as it's deep enough to be lasting fun for both solo and multiplayer while fully displaying what the Game Pad is capable of. "Wii Sports has met its match."

Nayrman

Well, we all knew IGN was gonna salivate over Mario WiiU because they do that regardless of what Mario is in, but I'm glad they're saying it gives a real challenge actually tries to bring some freshness into the mix, something that was SERIOUSLY lacking in Wii and New 2.

And yeah, Nintendo Land looks way better than any of hte Sports titles as far as being a glorified tech demo goes.

Zero

I keep hearing that NSMBWU's "Burst Rush" mode is unbelievably fun

Doodle

Quote from: Nayrman on November 15, 2012, 12:27:04 PM
Well, we all knew IGN was gonna salivate over Mario WiiU because they do that regardless of what Mario is in, but I'm glad they're saying it gives a real challenge actually tries to bring some freshness into the mix, something that was SERIOUSLY lacking in Wii and New 2.

And yeah, Nintendo Land looks way better than any of hte Sports titles as far as being a glorified tech demo goes.
I believe they or some other review site said NSMBWii was gonna be "Contra hard", so I dunno if I'd expect challenge.
YEAH

Custom

also i won't buy it becuase it's super intercourse ing unoriginal at this point

they haven't changed the art style
They haven't changed the music

and htey JUST released one this year

If you buy NSMB U and you have NSMB2 on the 3ds you're a tool

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Zero

Quote from: Custom on November 16, 2012, 04:14:26 PM
also i won't buy it becuase it's super intercourse ing unoriginal at this point

they haven't changed the art style
They haven't changed the music

and htey JUST released one this year

If you buy NSMB U and you have NSMB2 on the 3ds you're a tool

I've heard that NSMBWU is actually pretty intercourse ing good though, Custom

Custom

it's mario

they say the same thing about pokemon
doesn't make black and white 2 not the same exact boring hting as black and white

Zero

Quote from: Custom on November 16, 2012, 05:27:04 PM
it's mario

they say the same thing about pokemon
doesn't make black and white 2 not the same exact boring hting as black and white

Black and White 2 is better though, minus the poopty protagonist design.

"The New Super Mario Bros. series may have taken the beloved Nintendo franchise back to its 2D roots, but New Super Mario Bros. U reintroduces what made the original games so good in the first place. It proves that there's more to the formula than just impeccable platforming. There's a sense of wonder again, of exploration and discovery. I'm not quite prepared to say New Super Mario Bros. U fully recaptures the spark of Mario's 2D heyday, but it's an impressive step in the right direction." ~ Joystiq

Sounds good to me dude. HD Mario? Fuck.

Custom

black and white 2 is the same
it's fun, but it's the same

i'm not going to buy the same product twice in the span of a few months

Tupin

So, it launches in less than six hours here. I have two reserved, because you can make a ton reselling them.

What games are everyone picking up? I'm thinking about Super Scribblenauts and Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

zephilicious

So why do people bother to buy consoles at launch

i mean i fell for the hype for the wii, and i sure as hell wont be repeating that mistake
~~ <3

Custom

Quote from: zephilicious on November 17, 2012, 06:08:07 PM
So why do people bother to buy consoles at launch

i mean i fell for the hype for the wii, and i sure as hell wont be repeating that mistake

it's FUN
you don't like fun