News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Book Week is Over.

Started by The Riddler, March 13, 2010, 11:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Riddler

NES Week will be next month, this I promise.

This is (Fictional) Book Week!

Have a favorite book? Maybe a play in book form? Favorite character?

Take that character, find yourself an image of them (drawing or actor), change your name and avatar.
We should know what to do.

If you can't find an actor, find an image of the book itself, but change your name to the characters name. Obviously it'd be preferred if you found an image from a movie or show based on the book.

You can choose anything from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, to Shakespearean work... or if you wanna stir up some controversy, use the Bible (not recommended.)

Use this thread for general discussion of literature. :)

BIG NOTE: WE ARE NOT INCLUDING MANGAS/COMIC BOOKS/GRAPHIC NOVELS/FAN FICS IN THIS. USE COMMON SENSE, IT MUST BE FROM A PUBLISHED AUTHOR.
ALSO: IT MUST BE FROM SOMETHING THAT WAS A BOOK FIRST.
-

One of my favorite books comes from when I was younger, then a movie was made of it. Holes, by Louis Sachar. It's a book about a boy who is wrongly convicted of stealing a pair of shoes from an orphanage that once belonged to famous athlete Clyde "Sweetfeet" Livingston. Stanley believes in a curse that was set on his family because of his "No-good-dirty-rotten-pig-stealing-great-great-grandfather". Because of his conviction, he goes to Camp Green Lake... a work camp for boys.

I'm too lazy to get into this synopsis, but it was a great book. It was the first book I ever read voluntarily, and the namesake of my email addresses since the 6th or 7th grade (caveman6620).

Mystic

The Riddler

Mack, can we keep this in Power On? Not alot of us venture to The Arts, and it's just one thread.

Macawmoses

Quote from: Caveman on March 13, 2010, 11:52:32 PM
Mack, can we keep this in Power On? Not alot of us venture to The Arts, and it's just one thread.
No.

Mystic

The Riddler

NOTE: Try to find something that was originally a book. A book based on a movie/game/etc doesn't count. Literature based on Halo, for example, is no bueno.

BOOK FIRST.

Mystic

Quote from: Caveman on March 14, 2010, 12:03:23 AM
NOTE: Try to find something that was originally a book. A book based on a movie/game/etc doesn't count. Literature based on Halo, for example, is no bueno.

BOOK FIRST.
Like Fahrenheit 451? :3

The Riddler

Doodle

Thou shall move this topic back to Power On.
YEAH

Magnum

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

The Riddler

Macawmoses