News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Pokemon X and Y confirmed

Started by The Riddler, January 08, 2013, 04:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mona

This is only one other example... but Mismagius uses Sucker Punch.

The Riddler

Slightly more justifiable because she's a ghost, but again, it's super limited on how many examples there are.

The CAP project only sites Wooper, they're making these Pokemon specifically for competitive and someone even explained to me, "We don't care if it makes sense for the Pokemon, if it fits in competitive we'll use it."

Mona

Oh, also, Shroomish can use Focus Punch and Drain Punch.

Zero

Quote from: The Riddler on January 10, 2013, 05:42:50 AM
Slightly more justifiable because she's a ghost, but again, it's super limited on how many examples there are.

The CAP project only sites Wooper, they're making these Pokemon specifically for competitive and someone even explained to me, "We don't care if it makes sense for the Pokemon, if it fits in competitive we'll use it."

I mostly agree with you, but I don't think that someone represents the community as a whole.

Looking at existing CAP pokemon in their database, I can see that every Pokemon they have finalized has moves that fit with the Pokemon. Stratagem doesn't have any punching moves, but as a Rock manipulating Pokemon he can use Rock Smash.

As far as Aramoth goes, he isn't finalized yet.

The Riddler

Quote from: Z on January 10, 2013, 05:49:19 AM
I mostly agree with you, but I don't think that someone represents the community as a whole.

Looking at existing CAP pokemon in their database, I can see that every Pokemon they have finalized has moves that fit with the Pokemon. Stratagem doesn't have any punching moves, but as a Rock manipulating Pokemon he can use Rock Smash.

As far as Aramoth goes, he isn't finalized yet.
There were multiple people who PM'd me the same shtick when they were deleting my posts and I was questioning it. I suggested moves that made sense for the Pokemon and would give them a nicer movepool (some of the moves were quite useful), but they deleted it and said "We don't deal with flavor."

It was so intercourse ing stupid.

Zero

Quote from: The Riddler on January 10, 2013, 05:52:36 AM
There were multiple people who PM'd me the same shtick when they were deleting my posts and I was questioning it.

Sorry you had to go through that.

Still, when all is said and done they seem to give these Pokemon moves that fit.

The Riddler

They're still super stingie pricks.

I will say though, Arghonaut, Colossoil, and Krillowatt are their best designs. They decent typings while still appearing the part of Pokemon. Mollux is alright too, but most of the others are just silly.

Zero

Quote from: The Riddler on January 10, 2013, 05:57:05 AM
They're still super stingie pricks.

I will say though, Arghonaut, Colossoil, and Krillowatt are their best designs. They decent typings while still appearing the part of Pokemon. Mollux is alright too, but most of the others are just silly.

I really like Mollux. The Fire/Poison typing has a lot of uses. Just have to watch out for Earthquakes.

Custom

Quote from: The Riddler on January 10, 2013, 05:20:11 AM
They ignore what they call "flavor" and focus only on competitive - they're not designing Pokemon they're designing machines.

When everyone was talking about giving Arumoth Punch, Kick, and Tail attacks, I was like... what

They literally deleted every suggestion post I made

good
you don't deserve to be in the competitive scene
all pokemon are numbers to me

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Neerb

GUYS THERE'S A NEW... wait...

Well, looking at what we have so far, I'm leaning towards Y version, because I like the bird better than the deer.

Starter-wise, I'm liking all of them at least a little, and I definitely feel (due to the moves from the video) that this time we'll finally have our reverse type-cycle with Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Fighting. That would also mean we FINALLY get a fire starter that isn't Fighting type. Also, Chespin is the first grass starter ever to be something other than a reptile.

Between the three of them, I obviously can't really decide until I see their evos, but Chespin seems most appealing right now. Froakie is second, with Fennekin in last; it doesn't look bad, but honestly the only thing I find appealing about Fennekin right now is that it might not be Fighting.

Custom

Quote from: Neerb on January 11, 2013, 12:15:35 PM
GUYS THERE'S A NEW... wait...

Well, looking at what we have so far, I'm leaning towards Y version, because I like the bird better than the deer.

Starter-wise, I'm liking all of them at least a little, and I definitely feel (due to the moves from the video) that this time we'll finally have our reverse type-cycle with Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Fighting. That would also mean we FINALLY get a fire starter that isn't Fighting type. Also, Chespin is the first grass starter ever to be something other than a reptile.

Between the three of them, I obviously can't really decide until I see their evos, but Chespin seems most appealing right now. Froakie is second, with Fennekin in last; it doesn't look bad, but honestly the only thing I find appealing about Fennekin right now is that it might not be Fighting.

> I obviously can't really decide until I see their evos, but Chespin seems most appealing right now. Froakie is second, with Fennekin in last;

YES FINALLY SOMEONE COOL

i don't think Chikorita was a reptile though

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Neerb

Chikorita looks like a lima bean, but Bayleef and Meganium look like long-necked dinosaurs.

zephilicious

chespin is obviously the best choice
~~ <3

Zero