News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

guys guys guys I e-mailed Robin Walker

Started by Kilroy, January 12, 2010, 09:48:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilroy

AND HE REPLIED :o

"Hello, Mr. Walker.

My name is Marcus, and I am an avid player of the fantastic game you've created, Team Fortress 2, with, of course, the help of all of Valve.

There are a couple reasons I've decided to write this e-mail to you, the main one being the title, and the other being that I have an essay to write on A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens, and I really don't feel like doing that right now. This e-mail will be concerning the first reason, of course.

I've posted quite a few threads in the past on the TF2 board at Steampowered Users Forum, my most recent one concerning this whole idea. Here's the link to it, as it generally says what I'm about to say in short form with a few of my own ideas thrown into it: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12991599

Generally, my idea is that rather than the campaign being one gigantic update for TF2, it would be a completely separate game (As Half-Life 2 and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch are completely separate).

Aside from that, it would also be cool if rather than the generic "on 2fort, bring the intel back 4 times with the help of your team" missions, the campaign could have an in-depth story, going into the dark and mysterious pasts of the 9 classes.

We already know some history from the trading cards we've been shown, the Meet the Team videos, and a few in-game voices (such as the Medic may have a wife, according to the Demoman. Then again, the Demoman IS a bomb-throwing drunkard, so the community will never know).

Some players have also shown interested in the idea of a full-length Team Fortress 2 movie. This, of course, is besides the point, but it is still a good idea. A single-player campaign, in my opinion, would be more interesting, as the player takes up the class and "relives" the events they did (or are doing), much like how the player in Half-Life 2 gives life to Gordon Freeman, the silent hero.

In the end, I would just like to ask these few questions: Has the idea of a Single Player TF2 been thrown around? Is it possible that a Single Player TF2 game could be released? And just for kicks, of the nine classes, how many smoke?

Thanks a bundle for reading (and hopefully replying to) this,

Marcus, AKA Kilroy on Steam (http://steamcommunity.com/id/unisath), AKA Byte on the SPUF (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/member.php?u=470046)."

HIS REPLY:

"Hi Marcus.

We'd love to do a singleplayer game in the TF2 universe, and it's something we've kicked around occasionally, but it's not something we're working on right now.

Robin."

Both a victory and a defeat, being e-mailed by the creator of TF2, but being told that there's no TF2 Singleplayer in the works (not that I was expecting it).

so, awesome y/y
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

noodle976

Spud

Kilroy

1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Linkman

I would pay for a single player campaign, as long as it was an actual campaign and not just single player with bots.  Awesome reply is Awesome.

IceFlinger

I've emailed Gabe like 3 times but he won't respond ;_;

Silverhawk79

Quote from: IceFlinger on February 02, 2010, 01:11:56 PM
I've emailed Gabe like 3 times but he won't respond ;_;
He's too busy being FAT FAT FAT.