News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Kinect, a new way to get you injured?

Started by DededeCloneChris, November 09, 2010, 06:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DededeCloneChris

And after all the dangerous flying Wiimotes hitting you square on the head, the Kinect starts off by having pre-teenagers getting owned hit by their parents.

So anyway, do you think it's worse to be injured by the Kinect, or is it worse when the Wii comes into mind? Which one is more dangerous? Judging the small room people have to play in the Kinect, I think they're pretty much equal. What are your thoughts?

Silverhawk79

I think it has more potential than the Wii, because it's full range of motion, and therefore more chances/opportunities for people to smack into something, or each other.
Just wait, we'll have news stories on it.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on November 09, 2010, 07:15:44 PM
I think it has more potential than the Wii, because it's full range of motion, and therefore more chances/opportunities for people to smack into something, or each other.
Just wait, we'll have news stories on it.
Um, we ALREADY do. As a matter of fact, MSN Today has the news about injures made by playing Kinect.

Silverhawk79

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on November 09, 2010, 08:04:54 PM
Um, we ALREADY do. As a matter of fact, MSN Today has the news about injures made by playing Kinect.
That was fast. Hasn't it only been out for like, 4 days?

Tupin

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on November 09, 2010, 08:53:06 PM
That was fast. Hasn't it only been out for like, 4 days?
People are pretty stupid.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

SkyMyl

Quote from: Tupin on November 09, 2010, 08:55:37 PM
People are pretty stupid.
I'd like to see someone trip into their TV while using the Kinect.

That would be a pretty amazing feat.

JrDude

Wii can be dangerous, but only for people that are stupid that say "Oh I never drop my Wiimote so I'll never use the wrist strap"
Other than that, Wii is safe enough.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Silverhawk79

Quote from: JrDude 益 on November 09, 2010, 10:32:06 PM
Wii can be dangerous, but only for people that are stupid that say "Oh I never drop my Wiimote so I'll never use the wrist strap"
I never use the wrist strap.

ThePowerOfOne

I think people need to stop being so gosh darn stupid and ruing things for other people.

Watch, now they'll make you wear some protective crap on your hands.

Dog Food

Quote from: JrDude 益 on November 09, 2010, 10:32:06 PM
That's my brother for you. He was playing baseball and ended up throwing the Wiimote right below the TV, and it crashed into the fireplace. Nothing broke. Those things are surprisingly resilient. I use my wrist strap, which is especially good since I've let go on countless occasions...

Also, Kinect looks more dangerous. You barely have to move around with the Wii, and you can space yourself from others if necessary. The Kinect has you up close and personal, flapping around your arms.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Zero

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on November 10, 2010, 12:19:12 PM
I never use the wrist strap.

I've never used it

Never caused any damage to myself or anything else with a wiimote either.

JrDude

That's like saying "I've never got into a car accident, so it's OK that I don't wear my seatbelt"
[move][/move]
Dude .

Tupin

Quote from: JrDude 益 on November 14, 2010, 04:13:00 PM
That's like saying "I've never got into a car accident, so it's OK that I don't wear my seatbelt"
Well, it's kind of different with the Wii. Most games aren't that accurate and you don't need to move your hands that much.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Zero

lmao @ comparing Wii-mote use to driving.

Seriously? Do you truly believe that's a good comparison?

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Zero on November 14, 2010, 06:53:06 PM
lmao @ comparing Wii-mote use to driving.

Seriously? Do you truly believe that's a good comparison?
Well, the fact that both involve some kind of strap to avoid getting you hurt in some way, I think so.