News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Nintendo's holding a 3DS event on September 13th!

Started by Hero_of_Darkness, August 23, 2011, 03:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hero_of_Darkness

They're going to announce a major new game.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/118/1189759p1.html

Let the speculation begin!

Note: IGN says it's a rumor, but it has been confirmed. IGN is just late with updating their article.

DededeCloneChris

Quick! Somebody make a research about why Sep. 13 is such an important date in Nintendo gaming history!

Kayo

Well is it a "major new game" that we already speculated (New Mario Kart, etc)? Or something new?
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Custom

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Kayo on August 23, 2011, 06:19:26 PM
Well is it a "major new game" that we already speculated (New Mario Kart, etc)? Or something new?
I don't really understand what you mean. They're going to announce a new game, it's going to be for 3DS, and it's going to be big. That's all we know.

By the way, there's also another rumor that Nintendo's set to announce an add-on for 3DS that adds a right analog stick/circle pad. If that's true, it might be announced there. It also says that a revision will launch next year which will have the stick built in, better battery life, and a new name that shifts the focus away from 3D. The way they say it, it sorta sounds like the price cut was a sneaky liquidation. Normally I'd call bullpoop on such a rumor, but the source of the rumor has been on the ball quite a bit this year.

Custom

The Riddler

Quote from: NotAsagiChris on August 23, 2011, 05:27:34 PM
Quick! Somebody make a research about why Sep. 13 is such an important date in Nintendo gaming history!
September 13

1985: Video games change forever as Super Mario Bros. is released.
1993: Mortal Monday: the day Mortal Kombat came to home consoles.

That's it. I've italicized the more relevant.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Custom on August 23, 2011, 08:28:24 PM
>new 3ds
intercourse  all yall
I think we all knew that a revision would launch sometime next year. Not really a surprise. The analog stick thing and shift away from 3D, however, is a sign that Iwata has no clue what the intercourse  he's doing. The rumor suggests that the current 3DS model was totally rushed and they they could have improved a lot of things, including battery life, if they hadn't rushed it. This rumor getting out, if true, is a PR nightmare that could destroy Nintendo.

But anyway, Nintendo would probably wait until next fall/holiday to launch such a revision. They should know that spring is too early and would piss too many people off, and according to the same website Wii U is scheduled for a June launch (though it may be delayed to September due to issues they're having with the controller right now), so they'll have their hands full in summer.

Kayo

Now I'm again wondering whether to get a 3DS now or wait for the "revision" if it exists. D:
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Kayo on August 24, 2011, 06:16:30 PM
Now I'm again wondering whether to get a 3DS now or wait for the "revision" if it exists. D:

If it exists, it won't be announced until some time in 2012. That said, this is coming from a source that just happens to have five article's worth of dirt against Nintendo. The website this comes from, 01net, is a French site that got some accurate leaks about Vita and Wii U earlier this year. All of the stuff they leaked was stuff a developer would know, and it was assumed that Ubisoft was the source. This time, however, 01net says it's a "Nintendo insider." Today, the insider said that Mario Galaxy was based on a "prototype" that Nintendo bought, and that Mario characters were basically just slapped on while the creators received no credit. In other words, he's accusing Miyamoto of plagiarism.

This is where I'm getting iffy. That would require some deep inside info. I mead EAD deep. It's getting a bit fishy, imo. I don't know why someone from NoE would know that, nor do I know why someone from NoJ would go to a French site to release such info. I think we should take anything said with a grain of salt. My advise would be that, if Nintendo doesn't announce a right circle pad dongle on September 13th, assume it's false. Since there doesn't appear to even be a way to connect something like that, it actually is pretty unlikely.

X-3

The rumour about the 'new' 3DS is a bit sketchy. Nintendo likes to make revisions to hardware, but this seems a bit too big to be true. The fact that 01.net is releasing one story a day makes me think they're just trying to get hits.

Additionally, the way today's story is written is just funny. "The concept of Pikmin, for example, was borrowed directly from an unpublished RTS (real-time simulation game) proposed by a creators years before the game's release. Thus, the official story (Miyamoto got the idea for Pikmin by observing animal life in his garden) is just a clever narrative, fabricated for marketing purposes."

btw 01.net was right about the Vita and Wii U in the past...but they've also been wrong, apparently. They said that the Vita's RAM was going to be cut or something, and it has not been. Additionally, I think they said something about Grand Theft Auto 5 for Wii U.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: X-3 on August 24, 2011, 07:45:12 PM
The rumour about the 'new' 3DS is a bit sketchy. Nintendo likes to make revisions to hardware, but this seems a bit too big to be true. The fact that 01.net is releasing one story a day makes me think they're just trying to get hits.

Additionally, the way today's story is written is just funny. "The concept of Pikmin, for example, was borrowed directly from an unpublished RTS (real-time simulation game) proposed by a creators years before the game’s release. Thus, the official story (Miyamoto got the idea for Pikmin by observing animal life in his garden) is just a clever narrative, fabricated for marketing purposes."

btw 01.net was right about the Vita and Wii U in the past...but they've also been wrong, apparently. They said that the Vita's RAM was going to be cut or something, and it has not been. Additionally, I think they said something about Grand Theft Auto 5 for Wii U.

To be fair, on Vita's RAM, it actually looks like it was cut, but developers pressured Sony into bringing it back to the original amount. Also, they were right about Vita having no internal storage, and GTA5 on Wii U isn't out of the question quite yet. (However, unless GTA5 is being saved for PS4/XB3, why wouldn't it be on Wii U? Really, it's not a tough guess to make.)

Custom

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Custom on August 24, 2011, 10:56:18 PM
lol gta5 on wii u
What's so silly about that? GTA: Chinatown Wars sold over 1 million copies on DS, and Nintendo knows how big GTA is and would probably be willing to moneyhat the port if they have to.

Kayo

Yeah but looking into the future I really have no desire to own two 3DS-like systems. I mean I had a DS lite and a DSi, and while looking back I love them both deeply and couldn't pick one over the other, I doubt the new handheld (should it exist) will have any disadvantages compared to the 3DS.  An example is the dual-slot mode that they took out with the DSi.

I could always sell my 3DS back but I'm not the kind of person to do that, really. I guess it depends on if I have a nice surplus of money when the revision were to come out.

But currently the 3DS doesn't have much going for it other than OoT. I think I'll wait until there are at least one or two more games that I want, because otherwise I'd be buying the system just for OoT.
[move][/move]