News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Pokemon events - Jirachi (US) and Mew (JP)

Started by bluaki, January 28, 2010, 07:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluaki

For US: The Jirachi which Japan received last June via Wi-Fi events, which was for them the very first Wi-Fi event to apply to ALL pokemon DS games including Diamond/Pearl, is becoming available in US soon. According to Serebii, at least the first distribution of it is only at Gamestop. Not over Wi-Fi, although for Japan I believe the real-life distribution of it was a couple months before the Wi-Fi distribution. This Gamestop distribution lasts starting February 27 and continues until HG/SS release date.

For Japan: A repeat of a previous Wi-Fi event not long ago has started. Before, in November, any HG/SS Japanese games could obtain this Mew over Wi-Fi (I personally didn't have the game at the time). Now, the event is expanded to cover all pokemon DS games, so like Jirachi it's even available in Diamond/Pearl but also of course in HG/SS as well.

For my opinion on these events:
Jirachi is one of the very few event pokemon I obtained (alongside Eon Ticket) in the gen 3 games. I don't have much use for this new Jirachi, but it is a nice thing for them to make available. I hope US decides to send this event to Wi-Fi at a later date like Japan did, although Gamestop for me is, unlike Toys R Us, a decent choice of event location

Mew is one of the few pokemon I never could obtain legit. I would have obtained one from Ranch if the game actually let me connect Platinum or my Japanese games to make deposits, but that game sucks too much for even its main purpose to apply very far. Once I have this Mew, the remaining unobtainables to me are Celebi and Arceus only.

ThePowerOfOne

I'm getting Jirachi at Gamestop, kind of inconvenient for me, but whatever.

Just a little question, though... Can I just... Pull up in front of the store to get it, or do I have to go in and download it from... Somewhere.

bluaki

Quote from: Phaze on January 28, 2010, 08:11:02 PM
Just a little question, though... Can I just... Pull up in front of the store to get it, or do I have to go in and download it from... Somewhere.
Consider on the range of wireless communications. Such range tends to be rather great, but don't rely on it.

Like how you may or may not be able to connect to your wireless router from your front yard, you may or may not be able to connect to Gamestop's from the parking lot.

ThePowerOfOne

Quote from: bluaki on January 28, 2010, 08:14:33 PM
Consider on the range of wireless communications. Such range tends to be rather great, but don't rely on it.

Like how you may or may not be able to connect to your wireless router from your front yard, you may or may not be able to connect to Gamestop's from the parking lot.
Ok, so it is just a wireless connection thing. For some reason I was expecting you walk in and connect your DS to some download station or something.

This makes it easier, there is always parking right in front of the front door, which is only about 5 feet away. Should work, right?

Gwen Khan

yay, keep the gamestop events coming, also this Jirachi unlocks something in Heart Gold, Soul Silver

ThePowerOfOne

Quote from: Gwen Khan on January 28, 2010, 08:43:50 PM
yay, keep the gamestop events coming, also this Jirachi unlocks something in Heart Gold, Soul Silver
Actually, it unlocks the Edge of the Night's Sky Pokéwalker course.

Zero

I actually picked up a flyer from Gamestop about that "different-colored" Pichu. Seems they're distributing that from Jan 30th to Feb 14th.

Weird how I didn't hear about the Jirachi thing.

So_So_Man

Again, because its in the US its probably not in Canada, so could someone pick up a Jirachi for me?

bluaki

Quote from: Phaze on January 28, 2010, 08:23:18 PM
Ok, so it is just a wireless connection thing. For some reason I was expecting you walk in and connect your DS to some download station or something.
That's exactly what it is. The download station has wireless distribution, of course, especially considering that the DS has no link cable.