News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Getting Widescreen Videos On Youtube

Started by DededeCloneChris, November 12, 2011, 10:12:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DededeCloneChris

Let's cut to the chase. I record videos using Dazzle DVC 100. However, I've seen that you actually need to tinker with some programs to get widescreen out of full screen videos. So here are two questions:

1) Do I really need a widescreen TV so that the Dazzle makes a widescreen video?
2) If the second question is no, what kind of software do I need to use to make widescreen videos? I'm only limited to trials, but suggest away.

Doodle

I assume you'd need a widescreen TV if it's recording the output.
YEAH

CoasterKid93

The only way you can upload a widescreen image is if:

1.) The content you are recording has a native 16:9 aspect ratio
2.) The medium you are using to display the content is set to a 16:9 aspect ratio.
3.) You adjust the aspect ratio manually on your computer.
Quote from: whatwewishfor on March 14, 2014, 09:35:19 AM
DINAH I EAT DINAH EVERY NIGHT LAST NIGHT I HAD PIZZA HAHAHAHAH

DededeCloneChris

In other words, get a widescreen TV. I hope the Dazzle actually fixes itself to widescreen recording.

CoasterKid93

Quote from: PrinnyOnLowBudgetChris on November 13, 2011, 07:03:46 PM
In other words, get a widescreen TV. I hope the Dazzle actually fixes itself to widescreen recording.

That would certainly make the process easier. However, you can still manually adjust the aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9 when you transfer the video file to your computer.

Doodle

Quote from: CoasterKid93 on November 13, 2011, 07:05:20 PM
That would certainly make the process easier. However, you can still manually adjust the aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9 when you transfer the video file to your computer.
Wouldn't that just essentially be cropping a 4:3 video to 16:9, rather than actual widescreen video
YEAH

CoasterKid93

Quote from: Doodle on November 13, 2011, 07:31:02 PM
Wouldn't that just essentially be cropping a 4:3 video to 16:9, rather than actual widescreen video

Yes

Doodle

YEAH

DededeCloneChris

Sadly, Wii games need to be stretched out, but I don't know how to do that. Widescreen games like Kirby should look just fine if stretched out.

I just need to find some way to stretch the image with the game out so that no "black bars" are seen when a video is uploaded to Youtube.

CoasterKid93

Quote from: PrinnyOnLowBudgetChris on November 13, 2011, 08:05:11 PM
Sadly, Wii games need to be stretched out, but I don't know how to do that. Widescreen games like Kirby should look just fine if stretched out.

I just need to find some way to stretch the image with the game out so that no "black bars" are seen when a video is uploaded to Youtube.

Well, if needed, you can always crop the image to a 1:85:1 or 1:78:1 aspect ratio. (Widescreen with no black bars, as oppossed to 2:35:1 or 2:40:1).

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: CoasterKid93 on November 13, 2011, 08:23:16 PM
Well, if needed, you can always crop the image to a 1:85:1 or 1:78:1 aspect ratio. (Widescreen with no black bars, as oppossed to 2:35:1 or 2:40:1).
Yes. Uh, how do I do that again? I'm not so good at this kind of stuff...

Doodle

YEAH

Custom

have you tried using windows movie maker to display the video in 1080p widescreen before uploading

that's the extent of my youtube lifetime

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Custom on November 14, 2011, 09:23:04 AM
have you tried using windows movie maker to display the video in 1080p widescreen before uploading

that's the extent of my youtube lifetime
Well, I've done that, but it doesn't necessarily stretch the video out. It just stretches the screen to widescreen format.

CoasterKid93

Quote from: PrinnyOnLowBudgetChris on November 14, 2011, 10:31:07 AM
Well, I've done that, but it doesn't necessarily stretch the video out. It just stretches the screen to widescreen format.

As I said, you can always try cropping the video. There may be a reduction in quality, but you will still have the 16:9 view.