News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros. (Insern New Fight Term Here) 4 Speculation Thread

Started by DededeCloneChris, June 08, 2011, 08:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DededeCloneChris

After Brawl came out, there was a lot of wild discussion of speculation after we enjoyed it totally. Now, with the special notice of Wii U and 3DS having both the franchise, it's time for a speculation thread to born! Those times when we argued what was in and what was not have finally made a come back.

So now, let's all get our ideas for the next Smash Bros. installment by starting the thread much, much earlier before the games even arrive. It is the time to discuss what characters are coming back, leaving for GOOD, or making a come back, stages to run wild, items to use (competitive fags are laughing at this part for some reason), and every single gimmick to make a return (without tripping, as general consensus has stated).

And we may begin.

Nayrman

Let's wait until we get an actual trailer please. Sakurai has stated he hasn't even started working on the game(s) at all... At least he admitted he's going to take balancing seriously and let more people get involved in that. That's basically all we know other than WiiU/3DS connection.

SkyMyl

If you combine Sakurai's name and the Nintendo brand name, and anagram it properly, you'll find the new title of Smash 4.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Nayrman on June 08, 2011, 08:22:24 PM
Let's wait until we get an actual trailer please. Sakurai has stated he hasn't even started working on the game(s) at all... At least he admitted he's going to take balancing seriously and let more people get involved in that. That's basically all we know other than WiiU/3DS connection.

...Meta Knight is getting cut out.

Nayrman

Quote from: MooglePlayerChris on June 08, 2011, 08:45:40 PM

I wouldn't say cut, I more predict a MASSIVE nerfing (which, admittedly, he needs).

Quote from: Axelayer on June 08, 2011, 08:31:21 PM
If you combine Sakurai's name and the Nintendo brand name, and anagram it properly, you'll find the new title of Smash 4.

What do you mean?

SkyMyl

Quote from: MooglePlayerChris on June 08, 2011, 08:45:40 PM

Information source?

Quote from: Nayrman on June 08, 2011, 09:08:01 PM
What do you mean?
I was mocking the incredibly deep speculation Brawl had on Oldsider. (I see Bowser in the clouds!)

...good times, good times.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Axelayer on June 08, 2011, 09:33:11 PM
Information source?
That was a Brawl taunt to force him into submission and discuss in the thread. Mwahahahahaha.

So anyway, any hopes Snake and Sonic will stay in the game?

JrDude

If I remember correctly, Nintendo is trying to get more in touch with 3rd Party companies for the next console (WiiU [and maybe 3DS, or maybe everything? IDK]), I actually think this was proven on an E3 video on the E3 website (INTRODUCING WII U, NOW HERE'S A SHIT TON OF GAMES THAT AREN'T NINTENDO AT ALL!). So I think there's gonna be quite a bit more 3rd party characters. Sonic, being a Mario rival officially, will make a return. I'm not even gonna say there's a 99% chance because I can guarantee him almost as much as Link. Snake? Probably, I mean he was the official 3rd party character of Brawl, I'd be ultra surprised if I didn't see him in the next one.
Do I want either of them? Well, personally no, I mean, I liked it being a battle of Nintendo only, mainly because I'm a Nintendork. But they'll probably be back, and I don't mind as much as I did in the past. Though, if they do have more 3rd Party characters, I do want Megaman or something to make an appearance, maybe even Banjo Kazooie and someone from Final Fantasy (Mario Sports Mix). Doubt most of my ideas, but a guy can dream.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Super

The Riddler

Tom Nook
Gardevoir
Lynn
Waluigi
Vaati
RIDLEYYYYY!

Aside from there not being another Smash Bros., if people MUST speculate, I wonder what characters people will push next time.

Nayrman

You really didn't get me to discuss anything other than what might happen to metaknight. And as I said, there really isn't much to talk about aside from what is given to us so far, which isn't much. Sure, we can discuss characters all we want but we all know how tiresome that got in the nearly two year delay Brawl got after it's initial trailer. So yeah, let's wait for the first footage before getting to that hm? The only characters we really can speculate on are third parties since well, that's a whole matter entirely different from the regular Nintendo characters. So yeah, my thoughts on those:

Sonic - pretty much a sure in. Unless Nintendo hands down the "no third parties" hammer on Sakurai, I'm pretty sure Sonic will be back. After all, the Mario and Sonic games are still selling really well, and are still being made. So yeah, Sonic is probably in.

Snake - probably back. The big issue with Snake was if Sakurai would be back or not, as it was their friendship that got Snake in the first place. With Sakurai back, I put it in the probably but not entirely certain category.

FruitFlow

I like the idea of fighting games getting guest appearance characters.

Just like Soul Calibur 2 had one for each console exclusively:
Link for GC.
Heihachi for PS2.
Spawn for Xbox.

So the addition of Snake and Sonic was a neat idea on their part.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

SkyMyl

Having Travis Touchdown join the roster would be pretty kickass.

The Riddler

Thanks to Sonic and Snake, third party speculation will never die.

DededeCloneChris

Okay, maybe speculating now is too early.

But it won't matter until you read this article from IGN (at least they do interviews).

E3 2011: Super Smash Bros. Was "A Miracle"
Masahiro Sakurai on making the original Smash Bros. game work, and on the possibility of teaming up with Capcom for the next title.

During IGN's interview with Masahiro Sakurai, the legendary designer behind the Super Smash Bros. titles and the inventor of Kirby, we asked him about the possibility of a Capcom character crossing over into the next Super Smash Bros., which is coming to both 3DS and Wii U. Here's what he had to say:

"I can't say that it's entirely out of the realm of possibility that some Capcom character could appear in the next Smash Bros. The big problem, though, comes from the idea of trying to get characters from a completely different universe to fit with the style that has been dictated by Nintendo's characters in a fighting game.

"In fact, I actually think it's a miracle that we got Smash Bros. and all the Nintendo characters to work together in the first place. Especially when you bring Pokemon into the mix and a lot of the complications that are caused by that being an almost completely different entity on its own, it's really something. So this is something that obviously will come up more as we get started on the new Smash Bros. development, but keeping those things in mind I think is important."

Development on the title hasn't begun yet, but it's encouraging that Mr. Sakurai sees the biggest hurdle as one of ensuring a good fit, as opposed to other potential complications. Given that both Solid Snake and Sonic appeared in Brawl, a classic Capcom character or two could definitely work in the new title.

We also asked Mr. Sakurai whether, looking back at Brawl and Melee, there were any things that he wasn't able to include - but really wanted to - that he could potentially put into the new title? He told is that: "There were actually a lot of things, but perhaps that's something to be talked about when we get closer to discussing that game in more detail."

Guess we'll have to wait and see. We'll have our full interview with Mr. Sakurai up next week, so stay tuned.

Fan misguided speculation: We're getting Dante over here!