News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

That Was Fun. Forum Downtime Report.

Started by Macawmoses, August 06, 2009, 11:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

Ahoy all. Tonight was pretty extensive downtime. Extensive indeed.

First of all, let's start with what we...broke.

Member Color Links: Yeah..the forum is colorless for tonight. Fancy member color links was destroyed. We will need to do some fancy shiz and re-install the mod on the morrow.

OS/Browser Detection: Another one possibly wrecked. Not proud of breaking this. It's far less vital then id'ing who is who, though. This will be fixed if it is truly broken, but may take some time.

Certain Themes: Well, we've now caused issues with certain themes buttons at the top. You will see when you read the rest of the announcement as to what did it. Nonetheless, with our broken custom actions mod, we'll be making one page with links to all of our features, rather than several buttons. This should remedy crowded buttons.

On the medium side, we had things go well...but not well enough. We also have a couple of other things returning tomorrow/soon. They are:

The Home Page: We have almost worked out the bumps to make a working Beta. ALMOST. Expect it to be done soon...with some good content from Nayr, MYL, and many others!

The Arcade: The Feature in question tonight. Silver and I worked incredibly hard and failed miserably. The old arcade setup wouldn't work for him...then I sort of got it. Then we both failed. So, I found a new setup (that I prefer)...but, we're facing...issues. Again, this fix will take some time. For now, it's going to be an admin only feature, but it IS returning.

Movie Nights: As a quick note, tomorrow Silver is hosting a movie night. Not sure how it will get done, BUT IT WILL GET DONE. Yeah. Watch it.

Finally, the things that got done.

Database Updated: In the long process of working on the arcade, we realized the database wasn't up to spec. Which could mean security loopholes, as well as performance. Silver and I got right on to upgrading it. Yes, we're now solid.

Permissions and Optimizations: I've noticed some slight permission errors over the past few weeks. Most of those should now be remedied...until new ranks are made. We also backed up the forum and its database a couple of different ways, and of course optimized in the process. So far I've noticed some slight load time improvements.

Other Small Tweaks: I went through and took a look at some things. Sig limitations were imposed (if you were over, the system likely removed your sig), the ability to block news should now exist, and some other small things like that. Hopefully you enjoy the slightly added functionality. I can't honestly remember what else, but it was neat.

Board Overhaul: The Board Overhaul is done. Mario, Wii, DS, LoZ, etc were all merged into Nintendo. Rhythm and StarCraft became NSFCD Live!, an online gaming board, while Pok?mon and Smash were made children of Nintendo. This process was surprisingly long.

Tomorrow is another day, with much possible change coming. So, a few other questions for you. Please answer.

1. Would you like the Custom Profiles to return?
2. Do you think Chat deserves a button across the skins?
3. If you could add a rank to NSFCD based on any Nintendo series, what would it be?
4. Have you experienced any recent Ad Related issues?
5. Have you had any recent permissions/board errors?
6. Would you be willing to endure more forum downtime to get features like the Arcade up and running?

Thanks so much guys. Silver and I busted our asses tonight, and we really appreciate Vaatix more than ever. Please bear with us in the next couple of days.

<3

Mack and Silver

Silverhawk79

Yes, like Mack said, we encountered many issues during downtime, and we worked our asses off to try to fix them, but alas, some things were unfixable for the time being. The broken features will return shortly, so don't worry too much about them. And like Mack says...now we know what Vaati felt like.

Syncopathic

I would love the custom profiles again.
And as for a rank.
Luminoth.

Light

First, congratulations on a job well done, men. Though there are a few setbacks, it's good to know that we're taking steps in the right direction. Next:

Quote from: Rhadamanthus on August 06, 2009, 11:20:50 PM
1. Would you like the Custom Profiles to return? I didn't have one, so I could care less.
2. Do you think Chat deserves a button across the skins? Yes.
3. If you could add a rank to NSFCD based on any Nintendo series, what would it be? N/A
4. Have you experienced any recent Ad Related issues? No.
5. Have you had any recent permissions/board errors? No.
6. Would you be willing to endure more forum downtime to get features like the Arcade up and running? Yes, especially if we coordinate it well with Movie Nights.

Congrats again.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Doodle

1. Would you like the Custom Profiles to return? Yes
2. Do you think Chat deserves a button across the skins? Yes
3. If you could add a rank to NSFCD based on any Nintendo series, what would it be? Uh...something Star Fox related. We need more.
4. Have you experienced any recent Ad Related issues? No
5. Have you had any recent permissions/board errors? No
6. Would you be willing to endure more forum downtime to get features like the Arcade up and running? Yes
YEAH

Totla

Quote from: Rhadamanthus on August 06, 2009, 11:20:50 PM
3. If you could add a rank to NSFCD based on any Nintendo series, what would it be?
6. Would you be willing to endure more forum downtime to get features like the Arcade up and running?
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Either Senior Surgeon (Trauma Center) or Ace Attorney (Phoenix Wright)
4. Yes
5. No
6. Yes

SkyMyl

Custom profiles? Hell yes.
For a new rank, I vote Pirate Militia.
No issues with ads or boards. Except for the overhaul.
And I think going down for a while for more features wouldn't hurt...

Magnum

Everything seems so.......... small :(

1. Would you like the Custom Profiles to return? Sure
2. Do you think Chat deserves a button across the skins? Sure
3. If you could add a rank to NSFCD based on any Nintendo series, what would it be? Bounty Hunter(Metroid)
4. Have you experienced any recent Ad Related issues? Wow. No. Tops seems empty.
5. Have you had any recent permissions/board errors? None at all
6. Would you be willing to endure more forum downtime to get features like the Arcade up and running? Hell-to-the-yeah. As long as it has Mario 3 in it

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

I can finally leave the Warp Zone un-collapsed.

2. Do you think Chat deserves a button across the skins? No comment
3. If you could add a rank to NSFCD based on any Nintendo series, what would it be? Chozo
4. Have you experienced any recent Ad Related issues? I don't view ads
5. Have you had any recent permissions/board errors? No
6. Would you be willing to endure more forum downtime to get features like the Arcade up and running? Sure

[spoiler]uh, yo[/spoiler]
...̅̅̅

HTA!

Oh lord...
Still not sure if I like the merging... but I will say this.
If we as a forum band together and are set in getting things like Movie Night, Semi-frequent tourneys, and the like done... it will all have been a change for the better.

Custom profiles are fun, but I don't need them.
Chat needs a button. It is one of our main features.
Make a FE rank please. PLEASE. My input is Great Lord.
Ads have been fine for me.
No.
Yes... not like we have a choice eh?

Kilroy

Fine show, Mack and Silver.

1. Would you like the Custom Profiles to return? Yes
2. Do you think Chat deserves a button across the skins? Yes
3. If you could add a rank to NSFCD based on any Nintendo series, what would it be? Has to be Nintendo? Ugh... um... TO BE EDITED LATER
4. Have you experienced any recent Ad Related issues? None since Silver changed ads.
5. Have you had any recent permissions/board errors? None recently.
6. Would you be willing to endure more forum downtime to get features like the Arcade up and running? Of course.
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Lotos

yes please
yes
Donkey Kong
personally, no
no
sure

Water ☮

2. Do you think Chat deserves a button across the skins? well I have chatzilla so this doesn't apply to me much but for the convenience of others sure.

3. If you could add a rank to NSFCD based on any Nintendo series, what would it be? something from Pokemon, like Pokemon Trainer, Gym Leader, or Elite Four, etc.

4. Have you experienced any recent Ad Related issues?Nope, I have Adblock

5. Have you had any recent permissions/board errors?None so far

6. Would you be willing to endure more forum downtime to get features like the Arcade up and running? Sure

Thanks again guys! I'm sure everyone appreciates the updates =]

The Riddler

1. Would you like the Custom Profiles to return? Sure, but I don't use it.
2. Do you think Chat deserves a button across the skins? Sure.
3. If you could add a rank to NSFCD based on any Nintendo series, what would it be? Any Final Fantasy 4 reference. Maybe:  Summoner of the Mist, Monk of Fabul, Ninja of Eblan, Citizen of Baron, Mage of Mysidia... idk. ALSO I COUNT THIS CAUSE FF4 IS MOSTLY NINTENDO RELATED. THREE GAMES ACROSS THREE SYSTEMS AND WIIWARE.
4. Have you experienced any recent Ad Related issues? No.
5. Have you had any recent permissions/board errors? Yes. Something intercourse s up for me in Legacy. Silver knows about it.
6. Would you be willing to endure more forum downtime to get features like the Arcade up and running? Doesn't matter to me.

Also, I don't like some of the merges. Pokemon, Smash, and Music/Rhythm Games have enough activity to warrant their own boards, rather than child boards.

The Seventh

I would like the return of custom profiles.

But then i'd need to redo some of the unique stuff I did in my old one.

NOW WHERE'S THOSE CODES.
meh