News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Phineas and Ferb

Started by Neerb, October 25, 2010, 08:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RX-78-2

That's actually a really good point. I never thought of that.

On a side note, those who like old Cartoon Network should be taking advantage of the free hardly-interrupted full episodes and many clips on http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/video/. I've been watching full episodes of the good stuff, e.g. Dexter's Laboratory, The Justice Friends, and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. And oftentimes with nary an ad.

Geez, I sound like I'm advertising for the place.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Kayo

Quote from: BOREDFANBOY on July 12, 2011, 10:08:37 PM
You know why I like Phineas and Ferb among the crap I have to watch with the kids?  They don't constantly put the title characters in crappy situations.  They, more often than not, simply succeed in whatever it is their doing.  Yeah, conflict creates drama.  But the episodes seem to get by with a lot of comedy without a lot of the "o poop" scenarios of sitcoms.  Sure, Candice constantly fails, and Perry gets into some trouble, but it's generally a happy show without being patronizing or infantile.
That's actually a pretty good point. Furthermore, it's one of the few present-day cartoons I'd be comfortable with my kids watching (if I had any) without fear of exposing them to pure idiotic poop.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

NiMa74

Well, the movie's out Friday (and already out for those who have the premium On Demand channel, but I doubt any of you have that). Any of you plan on watching it?

Kayo

Quote from: NiMa74 on August 02, 2011, 07:47:55 PM
Well, the movie's out Friday (and already out for those who have the premium On Demand channel, but I doubt any of you have that). Any of you plan on watching it?
movie?
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Kayo on August 02, 2011, 08:05:14 PM
movie?

Full length movie this friday at 8:00 pm EST and rerunning the next couple days; Phineas and Ferb discover Perry's spy status and travel to an alternate dimension in which Doofenschmirtz succeeded in taking over the world.

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on August 02, 2011, 08:19:14 PM
Full length movie this friday at 8:00 pm EST and rerunning the next couple days; Phineas and Ferb discover Perry's spy status and travel to an alternate dimension in which Doofenschmirtz succeeded in taking over the world.
is it just like a one-hour special?
[move][/move]

NiMa74

Quote from: Kayo on August 02, 2011, 08:21:24 PM
is it just like a one-hour special?

no, DC Original Movie. Hour and a half long.

Kayo

Quote from: NiMa74 on August 02, 2011, 08:29:12 PM
no, DC Original Movie. Hour and a half long.
>DC original movie.

This can't be good.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Kayo on August 02, 2011, 08:31:04 PM
>DC original movie.

This can't be good.
Take into account the series is very good. The movie isn't a stupid real action one.

Light

Quote from: Kayo on August 02, 2011, 08:31:04 PM
>DC original movie.

This can't be good.
>implying the KP movies weren't good.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Kayo

Quote from: MooglePlayerChris on August 02, 2011, 09:54:32 PM
Take into account the series is very good. The movie isn't a stupid real action one.
Right. Voice acting > DC acting.

I feel a bit better now, but I probably still won't watch it.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

All I got to say is that the movie was very nicely done. It almost make you chuckle every half minute.

Except it was strange that [spoiler]Vanessa (original and paralel) and Stacy (paralel) weren't shown at all. It could've had a good plot.[/spoiler]

Neerb

Quote from: MooglePlayerChris on August 06, 2011, 04:36:42 PM
All I got to say is that the movie was very nicely done. It almost make you chuckle every half minute.

Except it was strange that [spoiler]Vanessa (original and paralel) and Stacy (paralel) weren't shown at all. It could've had a good plot.[/spoiler]

I agree with that spoilered point (which should actually be in a spoiler box, not just colored black). I also think the songs in this film weren't as memorable as they could have been; the extra long Summer episode was better song-wise. A third complaint, which I know is hopeless, is that despite the fact that this is Phineas and Ferb, a show that is only as good as it is because of how well it keeps status quo, I was still really hoping this movie would have some kind of lasting effect on the series. I really hope we get a second movie just as epic when the series ends, because this show getting actual closure would be crazy.

However, it was a freaking awesome movie; had me constantly laughing, good plot, cool action, and TONS of references to both past episodes and various other forms of media (the best movie reference I won't even spoil due to the sheer hilarity of it). Any fan of the show should see this thing.

Kayo

Whoops I saw the spoiler because I'm using a light skin so it was entirely visible now I can't watch the movie.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Kayo on August 06, 2011, 06:41:35 PM
Whoops I saw the spoiler because I'm using a light skin so it was entirely visible now I can't watch the movie.
We know you're into her now.