News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

why is gone home getting such high scored reviews

Started by Custom, August 19, 2013, 05:47:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custom

Quote from: Tupin on August 19, 2013, 07:43:43 PM
oh god people are actually saying that they only gave this good reviews out of fear of making feminists mad

ahahahahahahahahahaha

you can see where this game is going less than twenty minutes in and it jerks you around for three hours with attempts to distract you

if this were an actual novel or hollywood movie it would be laughed off and critically panned for being pretentious and predictable

i regret that i spent my money on this but i at least bought DuckTales Remastered in the same purchase

i kind of believe that the reason it's getting 10's is because it is a politically correct video game.
i also believe dragon's crown got lower scores because of the boobs and not the game
polygon gave charlie murder a higher score than dragon's crown. :\
dragon's crown is better looking and seems to be a better beat em up in every aspect over charlie murder

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Tupin

Politically correct means "cliche lesbian love story" now?

The people behind Dragon's Crown were actually pretty clever in defending their designs of female characters.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Custom

Quote from: Tupin on August 20, 2013, 06:58:55 AM
Politically correct means "cliche lesbian love story" now?

The people behind Dragon's Crown were actually pretty clever in defending their designs of female characters.

it means female characters that are tumblr friendly in world where people get upset at everything

i didn't see anything on that

Tupin

Quote from: Custom on August 20, 2013, 07:43:20 AM
it means female characters that are tumblr friendly in world where people get upset at everything

i didn't see anything on that
I've got nothing against lesbians nor lesbian love stories, but this one just was incredibly formulaic in nearly every regard.

Yeah, I just Wiki'd it. Apparently it ties into how large breasts are a symbol of life and maternal fertility and stuff.

Custom

Quote from: Tupin on August 20, 2013, 07:47:17 AM
I've got nothing against lesbians nor lesbian love stories, but this one just was incredibly formulaic in nearly every regard.

Yeah, I just Wiki'd it. Apparently it ties into how large breasts are a symbol of life and maternal fertility and stuff.

i'm just saying with femfreq and every journalism site throwing huge fits about dragon's crowns and wonder pink or whatever now is the time and place from them to cling to a thing like gone home

Tupin

Quote from: Custom on August 20, 2013, 07:51:22 AM
i'm just saying with femfreq and every journalism site throwing huge fits about dragon's crowns and wonder pink or whatever now is the time and place from them to cling to a thing like gone home
Sadly true, though it would be best to give them no attention. It's actually kind of funny because almost all of the characters that became punching bags for that community are voiced by the same person.

Zero

Quote from: Custom on August 20, 2013, 05:44:28 AM
the gameplay is basically an fps with no guns or platforming or puzzles
you just look around your house
go walk around your house but don't do anything crazy just pick up stuff in your house
house walking simulator

Sounds pretty lame. Could have hurt them to at the very least throw in some logic puzzles?

zephilicious

but then it might be a game. they're making art.
~~ <3

Tupin

thank god there's backlash against this "game"

Custom

i don't really think there should be like backlash or anything
i think it's fine
it's just not 10/10 goty changing games forever most innovative nostalgic game thank you based game devs

Zero

Quote from: zephilicious on August 20, 2013, 10:20:37 AM
but then it might be a game. they're making art.

Art is cool and all but a game needs gameplay. As pretty as Okami is it would be poop without its gameplay.

also I hope Tupin isn't correct. Giving a game a good score just so a certain camp of people don't get angry is intercourse ing idiotic when this camp of people don't even really participate in the hobby.

Tupin

Quote from: Zero on August 21, 2013, 03:58:53 AM
Giving a game a good score just so a certain camp of people don't get angry is intercourse ing idiotic when this camp of people don't even really participate in the hobby.
I really wish I were like you and didn't know. But there is pretty much a whole camp of people that want games to be the certain way that they want them to be in order to fulfill their ideal societal construct, not to make them more fun.

It sucks, because then you either end up games that lick their boots or ones that go out of their way to spit in their faces. Both approaches end up forgetting that they should actually be fun.

Zero

Quote from: Tupin on August 21, 2013, 08:51:50 AM
I really wish I were like you and didn't know. But there is pretty much a whole camp of people that want games to be the certain way that they want them to be in order to fulfill their ideal societal construct, not to make them more fun.

It sucks, because then you either end up games that lick their boots or ones that go out of their way to spit in their faces. Both approaches end up forgetting that they should actually be fun.

Then why did you buy this piece of poop, Tupin?

Also I should add that I'm aware of those people I even implied it in my post, but I don't feel they participate in the hobby the same way many of us do. They use it to further their intercourse ing social justice bullpoop when its just supposed to be a way to pass the time and HAVE FUN. You know, a hobby? They aren't focused on having fun, they're focused on completely changing a hobby because it pisses them off.

And this is why I dislike these feminists. I don't care about social justice in video games. I care about fun.

Tupin

Told you that I regret buying it and listened to some people who said that the story was a lot better than what I got. Not even professional review sites, individuals that said the game was genuinely good. Not trusting them any more.

People who are that extreme don't care about fun. They want every game to be a politicized and easily quotable example of their viewpoints. They care more for writing articles for their echo chambers or "fighting" people on Twitter than actually playing video games. Whether or not these games are good or what people actually want, they don't care. They just know that the video game industry is incredibly (relatively speaking) young and think that they can direct it the way that they want to go.

I said the ones that go out of the way to spit in their faces usually aren't fun, but stuff like Saint's Row IV is the antithesis of Gone Home. Which one do you think was made out of a desire to give people a fun experience because that's what people would like, and which one do you think was made explicitly because they knew people would latch onto it and foster undeserved popularity via channels that only recently have become obsessed with the issues it presents?

Zero

Fair point. Must have skimmed over your post. Agreed, mostly.

If you can watch a let's play of the game and have the experience be almost identical to if you actually played the game then its probably not a game.