News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Sonic Music Suggestions?

Started by JrDude, March 19, 2013, 03:34:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

Feels like forever since I made a topic.
It's also a fairly strange one, but who cares?

Lately, I've been more into Sonic Music than usual. Sonic games are just full of awesome tunes that I love to listen to, and I've been putting quite a bit of songs on my ipod so I can listen anytime I want. I know for a fact that Sonic and the Secret Rings has some spectacular tunes that I barely know anything about, and I'm sure some other of the later games have good tunes too, I'm just not familiar with them. After Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic kinda went away from Nintendo, and I only play his later games once in a blue moon. And Secret Rings was such a nightmare, that I could barely appreciate the awesome music. When I played Secret Rings, I wasn't as huge into their music as I am now. And I played Black Knight, but I never finished it, but I hope to someday. Knight of the Wind is on my ipod though.

Anyway, because Sonic kind of escaped me, I was hoping people could point me to some of their tunes that are really good to listen to. There's so much music that I am too lazy to listen to them all to see if I like it. I mean, some of the music might be meh at the beginning, but then spectacular in the middle, so I can't just listen to some of it and judge like that.

Main themes I pretty much have, like Endless Possibility, and Reach for the Stars, so I'm mainly looking for music within levels or bosses. But I'm also only interested in the music that has vocals. Though I may not know all the words to a song, I like to at least TRY and sing to it. Though music with no vocals is good for background music when playing a game, or to create atmosphere in a movie, I don't like the lack of vocals when I'm NOT playing a game/watching a movie, or something to that nature... And it's not that I don't like it, it's that I want vocals for some reason.
Like Green Forest, I love that tune, but I wouldn't listen to it on my own time, or while I'm driving. I just need words for whatever reason!

Anyway, whether you think I've heard it or not, recommend me some music. Even if it's in my favorite game Sonic Adventure 2, maybe I missed something, or something was underappreciated. I want more on my ipod.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Neerb

Open Your Heart is absolute garbage, but most remixes are tolerable. If you say you mainly stick to Nintendo, that means you missed the console version of Generations, so you should check out the Generations version of Open Your Heart; at first it doesn't seem to add a ton (especially compared to the more drastic official remixes Sega has authorized, like that trance one), but it does add just enough to make it sound a. less like random garbled crap lyrics and more like a good tune, and b. more like a final boss theme like it was originally intended.

Also, Supporting Me is great. The one part where it slows and has the lyrics always sounds really intense to me, even if I don't quite get what they're saying (though knowing Sonic, probably nonsense). For True Story is good too, though really only as game music. Both of them have subtly-better Generations versions as well.

Personally, I really like the background music from the OVA; very 90s. However, it was never officially released, and it IS just repetitive background music, so if you wanted to find it at all, it's probably on Youtube as "Theme of South Island" or something.

Back to the Open Your Heart remix thing, Sega actually has released several soundtracks over the years with totally official remixes of songs, and often times the remix is waaaay better. You could probably find them on some Youtube channel that uploads whole discs at a time; there used to be this guy called "BlackBlur" that had them, but I don't know if he's still there.