November 15, 2018, 06:18:53 PM
News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

School/College Sucks - Official Thread

Started by CoasterKid93, February 27, 2013, 09:29:45 AM

previous topic - next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Go Down

CoasterKid93

Welp, this bullpoop midterm is almost finished. Three more next week. KILL PEOPLE BURN SHIT FUCK SCHOOL
Quote from: whatwewishfor on March 14, 2014, 09:35:19 AM
DINAH I EAT DINAH EVERY NIGHT LAST NIGHT I HAD PIZZA HAHAHAHAH

Custom

Quote from: CoasterKid93 on February 28, 2013, 09:15:13 AM
Welp, this bullpoop midterm is almost finished. Three more next week. KILL PEOPLE BURN SHIT FUCK SCHOOL


unsavory

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Viewtifulboy

Quote from: CoasterKid93 on February 27, 2013, 08:05:47 PM
I'm going to tell you this now: Go to class.
I know that it's ridiculously tempting (I've done it myself) but it's not worth the amount of catching up that you have to do.



Seriously, who's stupid enough to skip class?  It's what you're there for!

zephilicious

you're there to get a degree and make connections.

you're lying to yourself if you believe college is good for anything else.
~~ <3

Flying Chickens

Quote from: zephilicious on February 28, 2013, 03:47:58 PM
you're there to get a degree and make connections.

you're lying to yourself if you believe college is good for anything else.
I'm not even there for the degree. I'm just there for the learning.

CoasterKid93

Quote from: zephilicious on February 28, 2013, 03:47:58 PM
you're there to get a degree and make connections.

you're lying to yourself if you believe college is good for anything else.


I don't think that's necessarily true. I enjoy the classes that I'm taking and I've been having a great time with extra-curricular stuff. Sure, it's important that you graduate, but there's a lot more to college than just ensuring a future career.
Quote from: whatwewishfor on March 14, 2014, 09:35:19 AM
DINAH I EAT DINAH EVERY NIGHT LAST NIGHT I HAD PIZZA HAHAHAHAH

zephilicious

Quote from: CoasterKid93 on February 28, 2013, 05:45:14 PM
but there's a lot more to college than just ensuring a future career.


oh absolutely

i just meant that learning poop in your classes isnt going to affect that career
~~ <3

Viewtifulboy

It may not affect your career, but it can affect you somewhere outside of it.

CoasterKid93

Quote from: zephilicious on February 28, 2013, 05:49:51 PM
oh absolutely

i just meant that learning poop in your classes isnt going to affect that career


I dunno. I feel like a lot of the stuff that I'm learning in my classes could be directly applied to field I want to go into. In general, classes are meant to provide you with a framework for how best to approach the field of work you wish to pursue.
Quote from: whatwewishfor on March 14, 2014, 09:35:19 AM
DINAH I EAT DINAH EVERY NIGHT LAST NIGHT I HAD PIZZA HAHAHAHAH

Flying Chickens

Quote from: CoasterKid93 on February 28, 2013, 07:48:52 PM
I dunno. I feel like a lot of the stuff that I'm learning in my classes could be directly applied to field I want to go into. In general, classes are meant to provide you with a framework for how best to approach the field of work you wish to pursue.
Or at least knowledge you can adapt for use within the field. It all depends on the field.

zephilicious

You're all still missing the point.

the initial comment was in reply to "Why skip classes that's what you're there for."
that sort of sentiment generally comes form the sort of people that go to college because they're told going to college is what you're supposed to do to get a good job.

Classes are the least relevant part of college in that regard.


I personally learned very little in classes that I couldn't have taught myself faster, but that's just how I learn. I won't argue that other people don't learn a lot from classes, but learning is not what college is for in the I'm going to college to get a job kind of way.
~~ <3

Flying Chickens

February 28, 2013, 09:38:42 PM #26 Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 09:39:09 PM by Viewtlfulboy
Quote from: zephilicious on February 28, 2013, 08:50:33 PM
You're all still missing the point.

the initial comment was in reply to "Why skip classes that's what you're there for."
that sort of sentiment generally comes form the sort of people that go to college because they're told going to college is what you're supposed to do to get a good job.

Classes are the least relevant part of college in that regard.


I personally learned very little in classes that I couldn't have taught myself faster, but that's just how I learn. I won't argue that other people don't learn a lot from classes, but learning is not what college is for in the I'm going to college to get a job kind of way.
Oh, yeah, I did miss that point. Good luck with that, I hear the job market is brutal for college grads nowadays.

Edit: College grads as well as everyone with a pulse.

Chris8492

March 01, 2013, 01:15:14 AM #27 Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 01:17:36 AM by Chris8492
Two 8 + page midterms and two majors tests next week....wtf. Plus I have to pitch a Start Up to a couple of business professionals in the coming weekend. (Two CEO's, Two Investment Bankers, and a Patent Attorney).  This coming weekend is gonna be hell and I'm supposed to go to a Frat/Sorority Banger.

CoasterKid93

Quote from: Chris8492 on March 01, 2013, 01:15:14 AM
Two 8 + page midterms and two majors tests next week....wtf. Plus I have to pitch a Start Up to a couple of business professionals in the coming weekend. (Two CEO's, Two Investment Bankers, and a Patent Attorney).  This coming weekend is gonna be hell and I'm supposed to go to a Frat/Sorority Banger.


Sounds like a fun weekend, at least the last part does.
Quote from: whatwewishfor on March 14, 2014, 09:35:19 AM
DINAH I EAT DINAH EVERY NIGHT LAST NIGHT I HAD PIZZA HAHAHAHAH

Chris8492

Quote from: CoasterKid93 on March 01, 2013, 07:30:17 AM
Sounds like a fun weekend, at least the last part does.


It's supposed to be crazy apparently, but it's a private party. But still 300 going.

Go Up