Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

favorite band/artist of all time?

Started by Custom, October 30, 2012, 10:47:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custom

WHO ARE YOUR GUYS' FAVORITES?

mine would probably be Senses Fail
they're probably the only band that I continue to listen to outside my angsty teen years and I've never been disappointed by any of their releases.

runner up would be monomate, but I hated his second album. Grand Battle's probably my favorite album of all time though.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Zero

If by "favorite" you mean "most consistently pleased with" I'd probably have to say Disturbed. Each album is wholly different and while they reuse lyrical themes(what artist doesn't?) they probably reuse lyrical themes better than any other modern hard rock band. I've been listening to them since I was 11. 10 years hasn't changed how I felt about them unlike certain other bands(cough alien ant farm)

but Megadeth just has a special place in my musical heart that I can't shake off.

CoasterKid93

My favorite artist is Buckethead, hands down.
Quote from: whatwewishfor on March 14, 2014, 09:35:19 AM
DINAH I EAT DINAH EVERY NIGHT LAST NIGHT I HAD PIZZA HAHAHAHAH

Flying Chickens

TV On the Radio. They just do absolutely no wrong. Hollerado and Blue Album Weezer come pretty close though.

JrDude

I have 3. My favorites are Crush 40, they do FANTASTIC Sonic music work, I love just about everything they do, if not everything. Owl City, I love the relaxed electronic feel he has, and the poetic words he uses makes him sound like he's on a serious acid trip, and they're hilariously good. I haven't heard a bad track by him yet.
But my all time favorite that I will just get an ear boner whenever I hear them, Yellowcard. I got into their music pretty late I'm sure, but I don't care, I love them. The rock music is fantastic, the lyrics are awesome, and the most unique thing that you wouldn't really expect in this type of music, the Violin. An unfitting instrument for the genre they play, and they implement it so well and it makes the songs even better. Without the violin, they'd still be awesome, it's just more fantastic with it.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Flying Chickens

Quote from: JrDude 益 on November 07, 2012, 03:18:49 AM
I have 3. My favorites are Crush 40, they do FANTASTIC Sonic music work, I love just about everything they do, if not everything. Owl City, I love the relaxed electronic feel he has, and the poetic words he uses makes him sound like he's on a serious acid trip, and they're hilariously good. I haven't heard a bad track by him yet.
But my all time favorite that I will just get an ear boner whenever I hear them, Yellowcard. I got into their music pretty late I'm sure, but I don't care, I love them. The rock music is fantastic, the lyrics are awesome, and the most unique thing that you wouldn't really expect in this type of music, the Violin. An unfitting instrument for the genre they play, and they implement it so well and it makes the songs even better. Without the violin, they'd still be awesome, it's just more fantastic with it.
I used to like Yellowcard, until I turned twelve. Which is legitimate and not an insult.

zephilicious

yup this thread is as depressing as i expected.

most of my favorite bands put out pretty unimpressive albums this year or last, i need to reevaluate.
~~ <3

Custom

Quote from: zephilicious on November 08, 2012, 10:11:42 AM

most of my favorite bands put out pretty unimpressive albums this year or last, i need to reevaluate.

it's favorite band thread
not NAME YOUR FAVORITE OBSCURE /mu/CORE BAND THAT IS UNHEARD OF AND THAT NOBODY WHO'S SANE COULD TOLERATE FOR MORE THAN 15 MINUTES AT A TIME

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Flying Chickens

Quote from: Custom on November 08, 2012, 11:16:34 AM
it's favorite band thread
not NAME YOUR FAVORITE OBSCURE /mu/CORE BAND THAT IS UNHEARD OF AND THAT NOBODY WHO'S SANE COULD TOLERATE FOR MORE THAN 15 MINUTES AT A TIME
Be my lover.

Zero

Quote from: zephilicious on November 08, 2012, 10:11:42 AM

Yeah, it's depressing because Death Cab for Cutie isn't our favorite band.

the irony

zephilicious

come on guys obscurity isn't the issue, none of my favorite bands are any more obscure than the poop you guys are posting.
~~ <3

Mona

Since we're allowed to name artists as well as bands...
My favorite is Tori Amos. I love pretty much anything she makes.