November 13, 2018, 06:17:47 PM
News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Pokémon Gray

Started by JrDude, August 12, 2011, 02:19:33 AM

previous topic - next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Go Down

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on August 15, 2011, 01:04:17 PM
I only buy one game a generation (Sapphire, Diamond, Black, etc.), even if FR/LG and HG/SS were the best in their gens. Granted, I did eventually manage to borrow FR from a friend, but he's not yet willing to part with his HG file, and I'll live without playing it for a few more years.

Actually, I've NEVER played a Johto game; I didn't really get into the main series of games until Hoenn, and while I did borrow Red from a friend to qualify as the first version I played through, I never really got to have a trip through Johto.

Ironically, the Pokemon from Johto are my favorite and the ones from Hoenn are my least favorite...
I've lost all respect for you. You only buy one game per generation (that's intercourse ing stupid, really. I can see only getting one per duo, but there are so many games per generation) and HG/SS were rated some of the best games available on the DS and not getting it because it goes against a silly rule of yours is the dumbest thing you could possibly do. And how could you put Gen 3's pokemon behind Gens 4 and 5? You don't like 3 because you're close-minded. You like 1 and 2, don't you? They're simple pokemon. Most are based simply off of animals. God forbid we get a piglike creature using its curly tail as a spring or a pokemon with steel horns that look like jaws, you hate them. Gen 3 had some of the most creative Pokemon, and that's not even an opinion. If you look at the origins of some of them they're really complex.

tl;dr stop being an idiot
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

August 15, 2011, 06:37:05 PM #31 Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 06:38:35 PM by Neerb
The colors seemed to... I don't know, "dull," in Gen 3. It had a more realistic feel to it, and strangely that was off-putting to me; I liked the richer colors (in design; obviously the literal 1st and 2nd gen games had less technical color in them), and sometimes I like the simple designs as well, such as how Samurott is my favorite 5th gen starter in spite of his relatively useless stats and movepool.

And a large chunk of the region was water, which I absolutely despised, especially given that it was the first main version I really owned. It was a rude introduction to have to surf for so long (though you could at least move faster than in D/P), like being in a cave that covers a third of the map, only instead of Zubats it was Tentacools.

Also, with my dislike of Hoenn and my indifference towards multiple versions, I suppose the odds of me getting EarthRuby or SeaSapphire or whatever are next to nothing, unless the make some colossal graphical overhaul like I've been wanting since D/P came out.

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on August 15, 2011, 06:37:05 PM
The colors seemed to... I don't know, "dull," in Gen 3. It had a more realistic feel to it, and strangely that was off-putting to me; I liked the richer colors (in design; obviously the literal 1st and 2nd gen games had less technical color in them), and sometimes I like the simple designs as well, such as how Samurott is my favorite 5th gen starter in spite of his relatively useless stats and movepool.

And a large chunk of the region was water, which I absolutely despised, especially given that it was the first main version I really owned. It was a rude introduction to have to surf for so long (though you could at least move faster than in D/P), like being in a cave that covers a third of the map, only instead of Zubats it was Tentacools.

Also, with my dislike of Hoenn and my indifference towards multiple versions, I suppose the odds of me getting EarthRuby or SeaSapphire or whatever are next to nothing, unless the make some colossal graphical overhaul like I've been wanting since D/P came out.
The difference is, Hoenn is a big region. It has as much land as Kanto has. It just has a lot of water as an addition. The land to water ratio is different, but that's because it's a BIGGER REGION. Also, you're not required to surf every tile of the ocean. I thought it was really cool how instead of just one navigable line of water there was a giant grid of routes, like a more realistic ocean. You could travel freely within an entire square of space, instead of a line. It gives you the feel that Hoenn is next to an OCEAN, not a river surrounded by a thin border of rocks and then more water. Don't like wild Tentacool? Use a Repel.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

JrDude

Neerb might be like how I used to be. As in, refuse to use repel.
I still go by that rule a little bit, because it's how I accidentally find Shinies.
Dude .

Neerb

Quote from: JrDude 益 on August 16, 2011, 12:46:52 AM
Neerb might be like how I used to be. As in, refuse to use repel.
I still go by that rule a little bit, because it's how I accidentally find Shinies.


I simply didn't buy them that often back in Sapphire; it was the first one I owned, and I didn't know any better.

Now I have 99 at all times because of Black's absolutely infuriating encounter rate.

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on August 16, 2011, 04:11:54 AM
I simply didn't buy them that often back in Sapphire; it was the first one I owned, and I didn't know any better.

Now I have 99 at all times because of Black's absolutely infuriating encounter rate.
Which is no different from past games.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

I didn't notice it so much in Diamond; Black felt like it had a much more annoying rate.

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on August 16, 2011, 12:50:23 PM
I didn't notice it so much in Diamond; Black felt like it had a much more annoying rate.
Why are you posting in a thread about Pokemon Gray anyway? You wouldn't buy the game anyway because you already bought a 5th gen game.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Kayo on August 16, 2011, 12:52:30 PM
Why are you posting in a thread about Pokemon Gray anyway? You wouldn't buy the game anyway because you already bought a 5th gen game.

Perhaps it finally hit him that you should always wait for the third version if you're only buying one game each gen, and now he regrets taking so long to figure this out?

Custom

i buy pokemon games based off of the color of the game

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on August 16, 2011, 01:07:49 PM
Perhaps it finally hit him that you should always wait for the third version if you're only buying one game each gen, and now he regrets taking so long to figure this out?
Since the 2nd gen I've gotten one of the two originals and then the third version.
Gold+Crystal
Sapphire+Emerald
Diamond+Platinum

And each time I prefer the 3rd game to the original two immensely, but I never let the release of a new gen come without me buying one of the games.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Flying Chickens

Three things:
1. I hope this is true.
2. I misread "Flame Red 3DS" for "Fire Red 3DS'. Got me excited.
3. I'm going to go Nuzlocke Pearl now. I can't believe I'd never heard of it.

Kayo

Quote from: Hover Poultry on August 16, 2011, 09:48:23 PM
Three things:
1. I hope this is true.
2. I misread "Flame Red 3DS" for "Fire Red 3DS'. Got me excited.
3. I'm going to go Nuzlocke Pearl now. I can't believe I'd never heard of it.
Ew why Pearl
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Flying Chickens

Quote from: Kayo on August 16, 2011, 10:16:22 PM
Ew why Pearl
BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE BLACK, I DON'T WANT TO DELETE MY HEART GOLD FILE, I DON'T OWN PLATINUM, AND ALL THE OTHER GAMES ARE FOR THE GBA.

But I still love you. <3

Kayo

Quote from: Hover Poultry on August 16, 2011, 10:49:02 PM
BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE BLACK, I DON'T WANT TO DELETE MY HEART GOLD FILE, I DON'T OWN PLATINUM, AND ALL THE OTHER GAMES ARE FOR THE GBA.

But I still love you. <3
WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE GBA?
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Go Up