News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

NES/GBA games for free...because the 3DS bites it.

Started by Nayrman, July 28, 2011, 05:25:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

In some rather startling news, Nintendo is ALREADY slashing the cost of the 3DS to about $170 bucks I believe. Or something around there. Pretty big price drop for a system that isn't a year old. Why is that? Because the regular DS outsold the 3DS since it's launch. OUCH. In good news for those of us who got it early, Nintendo is giving us 20 free download games from the upcoming NES and GBA virtual console. Cool I guess.

Kayo

$170? THAT's worth it, and it's just the price drop I needed. I'm willing to spend that much money on it now.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Gwen Khan

2. By the end of 2011, Nintendo will provide Ambassadors with 10 Game Boy Advance Virtual Console games. These include games like Yoshi's Island™: Super Mario™ Advance 3, Mario Kart™: Super Circuit, Metroid™ Fusion, WarioWare™, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ and Mario vs. Donkey Kong™. These games will be available exclusively to Ambassadors, and Nintendo currently has no plans to make these 10 games available to the general public on the Nintendo 3DS in the future.

http://www.nintendo.com/corp/nintendo3ds/news/

Kayo

But Metroid Fusion can't connect to Metroid Prime this way.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Nintendo's taking a loss on the 3DS now.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/07/29/3ds_losses/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

This confirms that 3DS flopped. If the price drop doesn't boost software sales, Nintendo will probably abandon it and be one step closer to going the way of Sega. This is Nintendo's Saturn.

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on July 28, 2011, 09:19:31 AM
Nintendo's taking a loss on the 3DS now.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/07/29/3ds_losses/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

This confirms that 3DS flopped. If the price drop doesn't boost software sales, Nintendo will probably abandon it and be one step closer to going the way of Sega. This is Nintendo's Saturn.
Let's see those nintenfags still say the 3DS is perfect.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Kayo on July 28, 2011, 09:31:40 AM
... I refuse to take you seriously anymore.

Kayo

[move][/move]

X-3

Quote from: Kayo on July 28, 2011, 09:42:29 AM
It was for a lack of a better word.

Nintendrones is a good word.

This new price is really tempting. Probably going to get one soon.

Kayo

Quote from: X-3 on July 28, 2011, 09:48:34 AM
Nintendrones is a good word.

Let's see the Nintendrones keep calling the 3DS perfect now.

Better, Hero?
[move][/move]

Custom

Quote from: Kayo on July 28, 2011, 09:31:40 AM

i still dont' have any problems with it
the price was an error, yeah, it was expensive as intercourse ing poop. but i don't know what's wrong with the system. nintendo gave it a REALLY REALLY intercourse ing poopty launch and should've held off yeah, but that's not a problem with the system itself. i don't see where you're going, kid

also i like free games
but a good half of the free gba games seem kind of meh and alksdfjaslkdfj
at least we get zelda 1 free right
i regret nothing
maybe just a little

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Kayo

Quote from: Custom on July 28, 2011, 09:53:48 AM
i still dont' have any problems with it
the price was an error, yeah, it was expensive as intercourse ing poop. but i don't know what's wrong with the system. nintendo gave it a REALLY REALLY intercourse ing poopty launch and should've held off yeah, but that's not a problem with the system itself. i don't see where you're going, kid
Eh, with the price drop I'll get one soon. Maybe if I get accustomed to it after playing with it for a few days I'll think differently. I've just heard so many negatives about it.
[move][/move]

Custom

Quote from: Kayo on July 28, 2011, 09:55:13 AM
Eh, with the price drop I'll get one soon. Maybe if I get accustomed to it after playing with it for a few days I'll think differently. I've just heard so many negatives about it.

go play oot 3d
change your life

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Kayo

Quote from: Custom on July 28, 2011, 09:56:01 AM
go play oot 3d
change your life
I'm waiting for Paper Mario 3DS which I hope will make me fangasm
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Kayo on July 28, 2011, 09:58:19 AM
I'm waiting for Paper Mario 3DS which I hope will make me fangasm

That's a 2012 title. Though, that's definitely a game that will be awesome to play in 3D.