News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

Star Fox 64 3D

Started by DededeCloneChris, July 21, 2011, 09:19:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DededeCloneChris

We need to have a thread about this game.

It looks like the game has received a change in release date. IT'S BEEN DELAYED!

Just kidding. The game's release date was originally September 11 in North America, but now it's been moved 2 days earlier to September 9. Uh, wow, this is the first time (for me) that I've seen a game being released earlier than expected.

I open this thread for discussion. Are you intending to buy it? I am.

Kayo

9/11 was a stupid date for an American release anyway.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Oh, now I see it. Didn't notice it the first time.

Nayrman

Yeah, 9/11 isn't the best day to release anything in America. Someone probably told NoA and NoJ that so it got put up two days. not a big deal.

Looking forward to it but I'm looking forward to playing some original games on the 3DS instead of N64 remakes. Mind you, this looks like it got a far superior graphical overhaul compared to Ocarina of Time.

Kayo

Remember, the game would have been completely finished way before 9/11.  It wouldn't be difficult to get it out two days earlier. The 11th is a Sunday, so it's instead being released on the prior Friday. I'd imagine it would be shipped around that time either way.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Nayrman on July 21, 2011, 10:00:35 AM
Mind you, this looks like it got a far superior graphical overhaul compared to Ocarina of Time.

Yeah, Ocarina of Time looked great, but the screenshot comparisons between Star Fox 64 and 3D is ridiculous. Hopefully they make more Star Fox games in the future; they haven't released one since 05 or 06, and it was pretty meh imo.

Zero

Ocarina of Time 3D was made with the intention to keep the graphics as poopty as possible for nostalgic effect according to just about every game site out there.

Neerb

Quote from: Zero on July 22, 2011, 12:21:17 AM
Ocarina of Time 3D was made with the intention to keep the graphics as poopty as possible for nostalgic effect according to just about every game site out there.

Graphics, or art style? Keeping the art style makes perfect sense, and Ocarina/Majora's art style is actually one of my favorites... but I don't think they'd purposely make the graphics bad.

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on July 22, 2011, 07:45:10 AM
Graphics, or art style? Keeping the art style makes perfect sense, and Ocarina/Majora's art style is actually one of my favorites... but I don't think they'd purposely make the graphics bad.
The art style is chunky 90s graphics.
[move][/move]

Nayrman

Quote from: Kayo on July 22, 2011, 11:03:19 AM
The art style is chunky 90s graphics.

Graphics came out that way, art style, uh....no. They would've done better for the N64 if they could, but considering how full the game was at the time, they really couldn't do much more with the models. I am disappointed they didn't do more for the 3DS, but I guess they wanted nostalgia. Glad to see Star Fox getting a true graphical upgrade.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Nayrman on July 22, 2011, 01:40:33 PM
Glad to see Star Fox getting a true graphical upgrade.
And remixed soundtrack, apparently.

Kayo

Someone took me way too seriously.
[move][/move]

Zero

Quote from: Neerb on July 22, 2011, 07:45:10 AM

Oh but they did. We're already seeing what kind of graphics the 3DS can really push out. Pokedex 3D has some models that are just fantastic, Star Fox 3D, Mario 3D, and the Resident Evil games all look better than just about any Playstation 2 game.

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on July 22, 2011, 04:00:07 PM
Oh but they did. We're already seeing what kind of graphics the 3DS can really push out. Pokedex 3D has some models that are just fantastic, Star Fox 3D, Mario 3D, and the Resident Evil games all look better than just about any Playstation 2 game.
Neerb just doesn't know what he's talking about.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

There's a Metroid Other M Samus model in Puzzle Swap that looks like it's been taken out from an HD TV screen. And to boot, Samus is moving in the picture.