News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

New Pokemon Discussion

Started by Macawmoses, April 26, 2011, 06:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

Quote from: Riddler21 on April 27, 2011, 03:04:00 PM
None of the Cocoon based Pokemon move. Metapod, Kakuna, Silcoon, Cascoon, Pupitar.
They also can't do anything but Harden if you catch them in the wild.

And Pupitar DOES move.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

Yeah pretty sure Pupitar moves. It was the manga or anime probably, though.

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on April 27, 2011, 03:31:20 PM
Yeah pretty sure Pupitar moves. It was the manga or anime probably, though.

And the fact that nearly every Pokedex entry of Pupitar said it moves, and even that it COULDN'T keep still.

"Even sealed in its shell, it can move freely. Hard and fast, it has outstanding destructive power. "

"It will not stay still, even while it's a pupa. It already has arms and legs under its solid shell. "

"A Pupitar creates a gas inside its body that it ejects under compression to propel itself like a jet."

Except a battery is incapable of this.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

An ice cream cone is incapable of anything.

JrDude

Stop with the unnecessary logic on the battery. Geodude, Cryogonal, Cottonee, cocoons, FISH. All can move freely on land without feet. The battery can hop, leaving an acid trail behind it.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Hero_of_Darkness

I'm beginning to sense rising tensions, so I think it's best that everyone tries to be careful what they say from this point forward.

Also, compromise. Seriously. Just make something up. Give it legs, make it float, let it hop, make it grow rockets out of it's ass; it really doesn't matter to anyone but the most anal people.  You need to move on.

FruitFlow

I provided a list of possible abilities, so can someone give me their opinion on them?
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

JrDude

If it's Steel/Poison, that seems like a reasonable ability.
It won't be Electric/Steel, otherwise leakyness would be pointless. The idea came from the unique typing.
Electric/Poison, seems, meh. Doesn't seem like the best ability for it, though I don't know what would be better to signify steel.

There should be a Fight/Fly Pokémon that is a Crane. You know, Crane style martial arts?
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 27, 2011, 05:23:57 PM
Stop with the unnecessary logic on the battery. Geodude, Cryogonal, Cottonee, cocoons, FISH. All can move freely on land without feet. The battery can hop, leaving an acid trail behind it.
Cocoons don't move (discounting walking in HGSS), Cryogonal LEVITATEs (ability), fish can literally float in the air so they're not at a disadvantage when not in water and Geodude......... I don't even know.

Unless we make the battery more then the battery... like add some feature to it. I don't know, a spring, a rolling ball, a wire coil, something. Even two wire coil type things that end in feet.

I'm amused by the idea of a walking battery now that I got copper wire on my mind.

Also I think we should put the battery aside for now. What we should work on, is the generic normal-type, bird, bug, etc. found early in the game. These are as important as the starters are pretty much.. Every other Pokemon is just filler. We should pick an animal for the normal-type, decide on a bird, and/or come up with some kind of cocoon-making insect. Or bleh, we don't need a cocoon. Only gens I and III had them so far.

As least base forms of these before we work on fillers, please.
[move][/move]

JrDude

Generic Normal Type - A fox? Not like Eevee, but a fox that looks like a fox?
Bird - Woodpecker!
Bug - Stick bug?

Also, I'd like some feedback on the idea of Fight/Fly Crane (Crane style martial arts).
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on May 01, 2011, 01:20:09 AM
Generic Normal Type - A fox? Not like Eevee, but a fox that looks like a fox?
Bird - Woodpecker!
Bug - Stick bug?

Also, I'd like some feedback on the idea of Fight/Fly Crane (Crane style martial arts).
Fox: Yes. I would have said use the orange color of the fox to make it a fire-type, until I remembered Vulpix. So yeah, Normal fox is cool with me.

Bird: Hey, that's not a bad idea.

Bug: Eh, for a generic bug I'm against it. For a slightly-later-in-story bug, that could work.

Crane: I don't like that type combination much, to be honest. But okay, I really have never thought of it.
[move][/move]

JrDude

Just thought of an idea.

A Bug/Water Pokémon that is a Silverfish (Silverfish is what the bug is called, and it's name obviously implies it has something to do with water. THEY COME FROM DRAINS)
Dunno if it should be the bug thing from beginning, but I thought it could work.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

What happened to that battery thing?

IDEA THAT WILL BLOW YOUR MIND
[move][/move]

JrDude

For a fossil Pokémon, I think there should be a Pokémon that looks like a Human-ish Caveman, Normal/Rock (Fossils are always Rock type). It can be like, "did humans evolve from this in the past?"
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Whoa, a new post. Also, I think we should steer clear from human-like fossil Pokemon. The idea just seems creepy to me. What we could do is dull it down so much that it's still VAGUELY human-like, yet it still looks a bit more like a bipedal monster than a human. I think that's what you're getting at with the "evolve from this" thing, but then again, doesn't that bring contradictory definitions of the term "evolution" into Pokemon?

Remember in the Pokemon world there is no talk whatsoever about humans "evolving" from Pokemon. I'm not sure if doing that would be too much of a break in the fourth wall, because it's just... odd. Implying that the process that turned that fossil Pokemon into humans is the same process that turned Omanyte into Omastar. It's confusing.
[move][/move]