News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Existing (Pre) Evolution Discussion

Started by Macawmoses, April 26, 2011, 06:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 22, 2012, 10:21:51 PM
Something that could add to the design: Remember, Remoraid and Octillery are weapon based, they were formed to be like weapons. (Remoraid is shaped like a gun, and learns gun-based moves). Maybe this could add to the design, making it a cannon or flamethrower or something. I honestly don't know how just yet, but I still think it could be so. Maybe have 2 or it's tentacles look like Flame Thrower ends.
I've already been thinking of having at least some of its tentacles be hollow, capable of firing beams or projectiles.

QuoteAnd the way Octillery evolves in my mind is with something the Dark/Fire Legendary (In my head, level up Octillery with this item being held while underwater, and it will evolve into this. OR Level it up underwater with the Dark/Fire horse in the party. Why underwater? Because it's normally imprisoned very deep underwater and released. Why is the Dark/Fire horse so important? Hades created the Kraken and should be involved in it's being created).
That's a little insane for an evolution. I already didn't like Mantyke evolving by leveling up with a Remoraid in the party (especially because, in Gen IV onward, Mantine is shown to not require a Remoraid). Especially requiring a LEGENDARY in order to evolve a non-legendary.... Yeah, I don't really like that.

Another reason is because, I firmly believe, this is the best possible candidate we have for a Water/Fire type. I wasn't really in love with that type idea at the start, but people wanted it, and this is the one thing that's really making me say "Wow. This could WORK." Plus, Octillery doesn't scream "Dark" to me, and neither does a Kraken, for that matter. If we want to associate Hades with the Kraken, we could make the Kraken a required component to reaching the Hades legendary (Like Relicanth and Wailord were required to reach the legendary trio in Gen III). But that goes too far into game designing, something we won't be covering in this project.

QuoteAnd personally, I think it should still be huge as poop, but I won't be bothered if it isn't. Just make sure it still looks pretty evil regardless.
10 feet is still pretty huge, honestly. You have an average-height ceiling (about 8 feet), right? Maybe not? Anyway, just picture this thing resting on the floor, and it's head will be almost touching the ceiling. Even without the tentacles, it's probably taller than your standing height. Remember, I'm not even counting its tentacles, which will be sprawled out, overtaking the room completely. It's pretty huge.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]