News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

New Pokemon voted Uber in Gen V

Started by Kayo, March 28, 2011, 01:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on March 30, 2011, 03:43:18 PM
The link I was asking for was for whatever thread contained the "Lugia may be unbanned" speculation, which I have yet to receive. You have absolutely no idea how overcome with joy I would be if I could use Lugia (although, then EVERYONE might start using him), but the whole concept of unbanning one of the series greatest walls sounds too preposterous to even be discussed seriously at Smogon, let alone actually happen.
Considering Psychic is a pretty poor defensive type, and the fact that everything has Pursuit or some other move that can take Lugia down, plus Wild Charge and stuff.

My poor Psychic types are falling out of Ubers. Latios, Latias, Lugia, Deoxys-D, Deoxys-S, and Wobbuffet are still unbanned. :/
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Chandelure on March 30, 2011, 04:50:29 PM
Considering Psychic is a pretty poor defensive type, and the fact that everything has Pursuit or some other move that can take Lugia down, plus Wild Charge and stuff.

My poor Psychic types are falling out of Ubers. Latios, Latias, Lugia, Deoxys-D, Deoxys-S, and Wobbuffet are still unbanned. :/

Perhaps they just haven't gotten around to it yet; I've seen plenty of talk of how Latios should be banned, and I don't think anything has changed for Wobbuffet. Also, like I said, I've seen absolutely nothing concerning Lugia being taken out; in fact, his personal strategy thread in the Ubers board seems to have a lot of discussion on how over-powered he is.

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on March 30, 2011, 05:34:25 PM
Perhaps they just haven't gotten around to it yet; I've seen plenty of talk of how Latios should be banned, and I don't think anything has changed for Wobbuffet. Also, like I said, I've seen absolutely nothing concerning Lugia being taken out; in fact, his personal strategy thread in the Ubers board seems to have a lot of discussion on how over-powered he is.
I've heard both sides on Lugia. I guess there's some users who want it Uber and some who think it shouldn't be banned.

I have a feeling that the other non-legendary Ubers will be returned to the list after testing. They weren't added right off the bat so they need testing in Gen V to make sure they still pack their overpowered punch.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Chandelure on March 30, 2011, 05:38:13 PM
I've heard both sides on Lugia. I guess there's some users who want it Uber and some who think it shouldn't be banned.

I have a feeling that the other non-legendary Ubers will be returned to the list after testing. They weren't added right off the bat so they need testing in Gen V to make sure they still pack their overpowered punch.

Again, where exactly is the "Lugia for OU" side? I'd really like to see where they are discussing this, seeing as how the Uber board currently has a "Best Uber Wall" poll in which Lugia has the most votes, as well as the fact that Lugia is already on the Uber list while legitimately undecided Pokemon are not (since, you know, they're undecided).

On another note, some people are discussing the recent banning of Bright Powder and Lax Incense. They are making a very interesting claim that if Bright Powder and Lax Incense are only banned because they are introducing new luck into the game, then they should go all the way and ban anything and everything whose sole purpose is to introduce a new luck aspect, including Confuse Ray, Supersonic, Sweet Kiss, Teeter Dance, Attract, Focus Band, King's Rock, etc. Statuses don't count since they all have non-luck based aspects; you will be consistently hurt in Poisoned and Burn, you will be guaranteed immobility for a few turns in Sleep and Frozen, and you have your speed lowered in Paralyzed.

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on March 30, 2011, 06:18:37 PM
Again, where exactly is the "Lugia for OU" side? I'd really like to see where they are discussing this, seeing as how the Uber board currently has a "Best Uber Wall" poll in which Lugia has the most votes, as well as the fact that Lugia is already on the Uber list while legitimately undecided Pokemon are not (since, you know, they're undecided).

On another note, some people are discussing the recent banning of Bright Powder and Lax Incense. They are making a very interesting claim that if Bright Powder and Lax Incense are only banned because they are introducing new luck into the game, then they should go all the way and ban anything and everything whose sole purpose is to introduce a new luck aspect, including Confuse Ray, Supersonic, Sweet Kiss, Teeter Dance, Attract, Focus Band, King's Rock, etc. Statuses don't count since they all have non-luck based aspects; you will be consistently hurt in Poisoned and Burn, you will be guaranteed immobility for a few turns in Sleep and Frozen, and you have your speed lowered in Paralyzed.
Lax Incense/Brightpowder is cheap luck on some pokemon (Sand Veil Garchomp). Confuse Ray, etc. are only available to certain pokemon, and these pokemon may have been made to use luck to their advantage.

It's a small change but it can get EXTREMELY annoying when your Ice Beam misses that, by all logic, would have killed that Garchomp. It's annoying, but isn't there just a clause for it? Or is it banned completely?
[move][/move]

Cornwad

Quote from: Chandelure on March 30, 2011, 04:50:29 PM
Lugia is still very much in ubers. And how is that a bad thing? I love being able to actually use Wobbuffet now.

And I think the bright powder thing is now part of the evasion clause if I remember correctly.

FruitFlow

"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Quote from: Cornwad on March 30, 2011, 06:50:00 PM
Lugia is still very much in ubers. And how is that a bad thing? I love being able to actually use Wobbuffet now.

And I think the bright powder thing is now part of the evasion clause if I remember correctly.
I think it is too.

Also Wobbuffet is a trap. I hate going against those things.
[move][/move]

Kayo

[move][/move]

Cornwad

Just so it's firmly established, Lugia is in no way anything other than Uber or even close to anything other than Uber.

FruitFlow

Quote from: Chandelure on March 30, 2011, 06:52:06 PM
What about it
Best Confuse Ray abuser.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."