News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Kingdom Hearts Re:coded

Started by Neerb, January 09, 2011, 06:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

Coded is an episodic cell phone game that takes place after Kingdom Hearts 2. It involves a mysterious message appearing in Jiminy's Journal, and then Mickey digitizing it to have a digital Sora fight through the journal and find the origin of the message.

As unimportant as this may sound, there is actually a good deal of important story going on here, so it is now being remade for DS (and for non-Japanese audiences). The gameplay is primarily the battle system of Birth By Sleep (which, in my opinion, is way better than the gameplay of 1, 2, and 358/2 Days), but there will also be certain areas of the game that greatly change pace, such as a side-scrolling area, a turn-based rpg area, and an area with gameplay similar to Sin & Punishment. Sound like absolute nonsense yet? Well watch this video; it only gets weirder.

So, the game comes out THIS TUESDAY, and I for one cannot wait to get it! Anyone else interested?

Magnum

Well I already know what happens because I read up on it when it was thought to be Japan only. But yeah, I plan on getting it. Looks pretty wacky and fun anyways.
Quote from: Sora on January 09, 2011, 06:05:44 PM
So, the game comes out THIS TUESDAY, and I for one cannot wait to get it! Anyone else interested?

WAIT WHAT?! When did this happen!?

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Neerb

Yep; for some reason, it seems to be sneaking up on everyone, but 1/11/10 is just around the corner.

DededeCloneChris

You guys are too late. The news that this game was going to come out this month were known ever since October.

Neerb

Quote from: Ingus on January 09, 2011, 07:04:07 PM
You guys are too late. The news that this game was going to come out this month were known ever since October.

I knew. I just made this thread because the game is about to come out.

dawnwolfNxhoj

Quote from: Sora on January 09, 2011, 06:05:44 PM
yeah, i remember seeing it to be released somewhere near the 25-30 area. when it moved up to this date, it was too late for me to pre-order.
i still want to play this though, and i'm making sure to buy it when the chance arises

Neerb

Well, I've been playing this game for about 5 hours now... and I'm still on Wonderland (3rd level of the game, after Destiny Islands and Traverse Town).

This game's not so strong on story (at least not at the beginning of the game, apparently), but the gameplay is fun as heck. It mixes a variation of the battle system from Birth By Sleep with a weird but usable computer chip-based leveling system that is [barely] similar to 358/2 Days. This is all good in that it's fun, playable, and customizable, but this combination also means that micro-managing will take up a LOT of your time.

DededeCloneChris

If you're getting too excited, please don't spoil the game. We know Wonderland is a must for a KH remake, but don't get too far.

Neerb

Quote from: WaterAdeptChris on January 11, 2011, 05:58:39 PM
If you're getting too excited, please don't spoil the game. We know Wonderland is a must for a KH remake, but don't get too far.

Well, we've known for a while that [spoiler]no new worlds will be in this,[/spoiler] but I'll make sure not to list exactly which worlds appear.

Edit:

Well, I've beat the game now. The story doesn't get great til the end, and the game's short, but the gameplay was awesome and there's TONS of replay awaiting.

DededeCloneChris

That's it. It's a buy for me. =D

Jhen Mohran

Would you say that it's better than 348/2 Days? I'm a little wary after 358, especially since I haven't dabbled in BBS yet.

Neerb

Quote from: Marisa on January 13, 2011, 09:09:52 PM
Would you say that it's better than 348/2 Days? I'm a little wary after 358, especially since I haven't dabbled in BBS yet.

You didn't like 358/2 Days? I personally loved it. Also, PLAY BBS AS SOON AS YOU CAN.

Anyway, as a comparison... 358/2 has multiplayer, 19 playable characters, and a much more interesting (and emotional) story. In terms of single-player gameplay, though, I'd say Re:coded is better since it mainly uses the awesome BBS system.

Magnum

Birth By Sleep was the best Kingdom Hearts yet.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Sin Jecht on January 13, 2011, 10:07:17 PM
Birth By Sleep was the best Kingdom Hearts yet.
Gameplay-wise, it is. To me, Ventus is the Roxas clone with Sora's personality.

Jhen Mohran

Quote from: Sora on January 13, 2011, 09:36:34 PM
You didn't like 358/2 Days? I personally loved it. Also, PLAY BBS AS SOON AS YOU CAN.

Anyway, as a comparison... 358/2 has multiplayer, 19 playable characters, and a much more interesting (and emotional) story. In terms of single-player gameplay, though, I'd say Re:coded is better since it mainly uses the awesome BBS system.
I got bored of 358, and sorta couldn't bring myself to finish it. I should get around to it sometime...along with BBS and now Re:coded, ze.